A-10C cockpit perspective/view messed up (looks like drunk pilot)

Tom Kazansky

(I removed the missions from the attachments caus I found out that they are not needed. other importatnt info about this issue: see my 4th post down here!)

I have a strange bug with the "default" cockpit perspective/view of the A-10C (see attachment) whenever I do the following steps:

1.) build a mission (with ME) for the F/A-18C or the Mirage-2000C like attached one and save it. play it.

2.) whithin this mission: change my aircraft (in ME) from F/A-18C (or M2000C) to A-10C. save the mission. play the mission.

This results in a camara view problem, where the head seems to be rotated by a few degrees in two axes and in a way I can't (simply?) change it back to normal.

Even after deleting the "SnapViews.lua" and repeating the upper steps, I have the same problem, but only in the A-10C.

I don't use trackIR or mods. it's an old problem of my A-10C. nothing to do with drivers or versions of DCS.

Can you help me ED or anyone else?

thanks a lot

---

Attachments:

screenshot of problem

mission for F/A-18C

same mission for A-10C

my SnapViews.lua with messed perspective

---

87040700_DigitalCombatSimulator27_01.201913_51_09.thumb.png.a215a900dbc149b56ecb9a0b7951acc9.png

SnapViews.lua

Edited by Tom Kazansky

Hello. You can edit in your preffered starting point of view by pressing RAlt + Num0 at setting you want as default.

Move your pilot head with either trackir (as seen that you dont use it), mouse or keyboard and then press RAlt+Num0 where you feel confortable. There are tons of keybinds that you can use to move your POV in the 3 main axes.

I hope it helps.

As in why your default looks like that. Probably an accidental view save and you are deleting the wrong file. If thats the case, either way is remedied by re editing your default view by how I explained.

Cheers. Good flights

Hello. You can edit in your preffered starting point of view by pressing RAlt + Num0 at setting you want as default.

Move your pilot head with either trackir (as seen that you dont use it), mouse or keyboard and then press RAlt+Num0 where you feel confortable. There are tons of keybinds that you can use to move your POV in the 3 main axes.

I hope it helps.

As in why your default looks like that. Probably an accidental view save and you are deleting the wrong file. If thats the case, either way is remedied by re editing your default view by how I explained.

Cheers. Good flights

thanks for the answer.

I tried all of this before. but it ain't a solution becuase every time I do the steps above, I end up with same mess.

And the big problem is, that the head is not only at a wrong position but it is also rotated (pilot's nose a bit left and mouth a bit right, so to speak). I don't know how to control this axis in DCS anyway.

But even if I could, I don't want to do it every time I change missions to A-10C.

I hope for a fix ;)

But even if I could, I don't want to do it every time I change missions to A-10C.

I hope for a fix ;)

No problem. Once a view point is saved it becomes the default until you delete the saved view file under your documents OR apply a different POV with Ralt+Num0. You won't need to re apply every mission.

This is interesting, I'm firing up my dcs a10c to have a look.

Edited by Czar66

Okay. First things first, my fresh A-10C install default POV is fine (img attatched).

The snapviews.lua file you need to delete should be the one in saved games folder and not the one in DCS root folder, if the issue is a result of an unwanted default view save. You can also edit the snapviews.lua file under the default view lines separately using a text editor.

Furthermore, I'd recommend a repair scan on your dcs. If something on the root folder is changed it should default back in. Also delete again your snapviews.lua file under your saved games folder.

This is my default view on the A-10C. If these numbers are off from your file. copying these would be a fix method.

[13] = {--default view
       viewAngle = 75.000000,--FOV
       hAngle     = 0.000000,
       vAngle     = -23.000000,
       x_trans     = 0.360000,
       y_trans     = -0.041337,
       z_trans     = 0.000000,
       rollAngle = 0.000000,
   },
   [14] = {--default view - VR
       viewAngle = 75.000000,--FOV
       hAngle     = 0.000000,
       vAngle     = -23.000000,
       x_trans     = 0.126000,
       y_trans     = 0.036000,
       z_trans     = 0.000000,
       rollAngle = 0.000000,

Cheers

Screen_190127_113510.thumb.png.61d57f4d1f83df69be3f65ff3052e9c5.png

Edited by Czar66

I have just found out something new:

With only my 2 steps (of doom) from above I can't reproduce the problem.

BUT: If I do a default training(!) mission with the Mirage 2000C (in my case a landing training mission) and I save a new perspective (alt+num0) and change to A-10C the problem is there.

I think some training missions have their own views saved. and this causes the trouble. here only with A-10C afaik.

have to edit my initial post!

(!)

now I know how to easily reproduce the bug!

1.) delete "...Saved Games\DCS\Config\ViewSnapViews.lua"

(you don't have to. but just to have a common default state)

(and of course: make a copy of the original if you just try this)

2.) start the training mission for the Mirage 2000C called

"M2K Training 04 FINAL ILS.miz" that comes with the Mirage2000C

3.) once airborne: just save the perspective/view (alt+num0) and end mission

4.) start a A-10C freeflight (e.g. Persian Gulf or any others I guess) and there you go: view is messd up! :huh:

I tried other Mirage 2000C training missions but they didn't cause the problem.

I thought it was about pilots seat config (this up/down thing the mirage needs for landing) but in other missions I could not reproduce the issue by changing seat hight.

I can't confirm that the F/A-18C has a similar impact on A-10C view. I asume it has not!

So... It seems to be just the Mirage 2000C ILS landing training and the A-10C.

Curious if some of you guys can reproduce it too. or if it is somehow just a problem of my DCS/Modules!?

(I will edit the attachments of my original post, caus the are not needed.)

Edited by Tom Kazansky