1.5.8 MiG-21Bis Bugged Damage Model

Quetzalkoatl

Yesterday I bought MiG-21 - after I learnt how to engine startup and take off - wanted to learn how to land.

After I had landing when plane started flipping sideways - and none of wings broke off even tho they hitting the ground so hard - I decided to make an experiment.

On video I show what difficulty I use - please spot that immortality is turned off - and plane acts like indestructable except its gear legs.

In 1st suicide approach was going 800 km/h and plane just bounced off the ground - it got damaged 2 gear legs and engine died.

2nd was landing at 400 km/h with front gear leg only - it broke off and plane started rolling on the ground - when angle between direction of move and fuselage changed plane exploded on the ground.

In 3rd trial I switched to taxing MiG-21s. Went on full afterburner - plane hit house with speed around 200 km/h - and ofc nothing spectacular happend.

In 4th trial MiG-21 just exploded as I reached grass.

Link to video (video is not public - only those who have this link, can see it)

I hope it gets fixed soon - I really like the plane, FM is incredibly realistic... just that damage model...

1st - I've bumped the ground too and caused irredeemable damage in the past. But, I think that was even in a more shallow descent. You just bounced like a rubber ball. Definitely an issue that needs to be addressed.

2nd - This might actually be a gray area in terms of modeling.

3rd - Another gray area. These might just boil down to DCS engine limitations.

4th - That's definitely an engine limitation. Weird things happen on the grass.

But that first one? That's REALLY weird. That, obviously, is incorrect. I don't know if the impetus is on Mag 3 or ED in the case of the other 3.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

After that I went for another flights - as I'm still learning I'm failing quite often - especially with landings - and in last landing I ejected, plane was falling like 20 m/s into ground - it should not be able to survive it, but it bounced from the ground... and it was bouncing for like 5 mins - with full afterburner, it was moving and bouncing and reaching speed slightly above 100 km/h in those "aerobatics" - there's definitely something wrong with its damage model - it's simply waaay too much durable. Only gear leg damage looks correct.

And it all happens on sim difficulty where immortality is off...