Will the revamped Caucuses Map for v2.0 be released as alpha in v2.0? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-30-2016, 05:41 PM   #1
klem

Reputation power: 7
klem is a jewel in the roughklem is a jewel in the roughklem is a jewel in the roughklem is a jewel in the roughklem is a jewel in the roughklem is a jewel in the rough
Default Will the revamped Caucuses Map for v2.0 be released as alpha in v2.0?

Thread title says it all. It would be nice to see and try it.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 3.8GHz / 16Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / 2 x EVGA GTX980 GPU 4Gb SC SLi/ 256Gb & 128Gb SSDs/ 750W PSU
Windows 10 Home / 3 off 27" @ 1920 x 1080 plus 23" @ 1920 x 1080 below / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro/ MFG Crosswind pedals / CH CM
klem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:02 PM   #2
USSInchon

Reputation power: 4
USSInchon will become famous soon enoughUSSInchon will become famous soon enough

not likely as it is the cornerstone for 2.5.
USSInchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:37 AM   #3
Neldrion

Reputation power: 2
Neldrion is on a distinguished road

No Caucasus in 2.0

It will be in 2.5
Old 12-01-2016, 12:41 PM   #4
Raven68

Reputation power: 28
Raven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to Raven68

To stray away from the topic a little. I wonder what the percentage of completion is for the conversion of the map. Since the projection was for towards the end of this year, and I understand that's not possible to make now, but how far are they really off? I wish the community had some insight to this, but again we are and probably will always be in the dark until a month out when everything is complete.

Intel i5-3570K @ 3.4 GHz
Asus P8Z77-V LK Mobo
Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3
Geforce GTX 970 4096MB (Assume the latest driver version),
Windows 10 Professional
TrackIR 5
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals
Raven68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:51 PM   #5
Ala13_ManOWar

Reputation power: 13
Ala13_ManOWar is just really niceAla13_ManOWar is just really niceAla13_ManOWar is just really niceAla13_ManOWar is just really niceAla13_ManOWar is just really niceAla13_ManOWar is just really niceAla13_ManOWar is just really niceAla13_ManOWar is just really niceAla13_ManOWar is just really nice

In the newsletter when they announced the delay, they said a couple of months. Also said IIRC the delay was due to their decision to include a new mesh.

But yes, we will probably don't know a thing until it's a month or so close to release. I don't like it either, but anyway remember they adopted this policy after people freaking out in this forums .

S!
Old 12-01-2016, 01:00 PM   #6
Neldrion

Caucasus revamped and everything really ready for 2.5 with Nevada implemented and all the modules updated to work 100% with the 2.5 build ? I think we are talking about a lot of months here. I am absolutely ok with that. You just have to be realistic that this will take a lot of time.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:03 PM   #7
Raven68

Raven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ala13_ManOWar View Post
In the newsletter when they announced the delay, they said a couple of months. Also said IIRC the delay was due to their decision to include a new mesh.

But yes, we will probably don't know a thing until it's a month or so close to release. I don't like it either, but anyway remember they adopted this policy after people freaking out in this forums .

S!
So true sir. I try to keep that in mind when it comes to the timing of info and how much they share. It's a bit tricky when folks are so critical of things that are clearly WIP but are quick to bash the team.

Intel i5-3570K @ 3.4 GHz
Asus P8Z77-V LK Mobo
Windows 10 Professional
TrackIR 5
Old 12-01-2016, 01:15 PM   #8
Raven68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neldrion View Post
You just have to be realistic that this will take a lot of time.
Yeah I am all over that reality. I can see that some of these projects can take 2-3 years maybe even more, especially with all this being timed and merged into a new engine. I guess I like see and understand the building blocks to make this all happen. That in itself is entertaining.

Intel i5-3570K @ 3.4 GHz
Asus P8Z77-V LK Mobo
Windows 10 Professional
TrackIR 5
Old 12-01-2016, 01:25 PM   #9
Neldrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven68 View Post
I guess I like see and understand the building blocks to make this all happen. That in itself is entertaining.
Yeah watching the development of all that stuff is pure entertainment for me also I love the joy and I also love the occasional dissapointment as I love planes and helios. It's a rollercoaster ride Boy, we are way offtopic here

Ontopic: I like the caucasus map