[FIXED] flaregun toggle function

yeah the flare gun damnit covers up the prop pitch indicator... at least have it stowable, it was in real life.

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not with Head tracking, is absolutely no issue with Track IR.

I actually think it is...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

• ED Team

If ED decides to make it a loadout option only, then maybe some mod could exchange the texture with an invisible one...

If its a loadout option, then why would it need to have an invisible texture? If it was a setting in the loadout you could just choose not to carry it and it wouldnt be there ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I asked this a long time ago before the K-4 was released. Never got a good answer back then because i already hated it back then. http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2176953&postcount=290

Been looking at the files of the BF-109 and it seems this shouldnt be to hard for ED to change. The LP42 (Lichtpistole) has seperate textures within the cockpit files LP42.dds

I would also like to ask ED to make the LP42 Optional from within the loadout selection screen or optional through the extra BF-109 option tab.

Thank you in advance

g8PjVMw.png

Check This View

I was messing with the view system, I have no clue how I got this view but it happened while holding the RAlt and pushing numpad keys.

Now that I have this view I find that I can hold down RCtrl + RShift and push the numpad key 8 to slew up, 2 for down, 4 for left and 6 for right. I can see all the gauges under the flaregun.

I use a track ir 3 pro so I can still pan around.

2 points, I do not know how to get out of this view:noexpression: but at least there is a way using views to see all the gauges.:D

Looking around.trk

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

• ED Team

Comments from Erich Brunotte on the Flare Gun:

Just a couple of answers from Erich. Flare gun was left installed in its place also during flights, was not in the way at all, didn't block any instruments (probably due to stereoscopic vision). He knew it could be used in flight when in position but never did himself, also couldn't say in what circumstances that could have been useful. To him that was simply a place of storage, in case you crash landed you could take out and signal your position, the flare gun would have slipped into a pocket of his flight suit. But when he bailed out with damaged engine he didn't think of taking it with him, no time!

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

[FEATURE REQUEST] flaregun toggle function

Despite maybe being a little unrealistic, I'm also for the option to make it invisible via a toggle. It might not be a problem in reality, but in game it just feels like an obstacle to me (in an already cramped, but beautiful, cockpit).

Also, I don't see how it is any different from toggling the pilot model on or off...

• 2 weeks later...

-1 to remove it / making it invisible

I'm fine with making it optional of course. The thing is I found it pretty useful in (public) MP games to signal other players if you are in trouble or just encountered an enemy and need some backup.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Tbh, it doesn't really bother me - especially not after the grip was now twisted a bit to the side, barel obscuring anything anymore.

Except the top breakers. Which it now obscures even more, which'll be important once they get fixed and aren't in during a cold and dark start.

As a non-trackir user, I'd very much like the option to remove it.

Tbh, it doesn't really bother me - especially not after the grip was now twisted a bit to the side, barel obscuring anything anymore.

you are joking right? all they did, was twisting it, so that the flaregun doesnt interfer with the stick...the angle is the same and it covers the gauges and levers in the same way like it did before...the only difference now is, that it also covers the circuit brakers, so its worse.:)

good thing though is that it will be removable.

you are joking right? all they did, was twisting it, so that the flaregun doesnt interfer with the stick...the angle is the same and it covers the gauges and levers in the same way like it did before...the only difference now is, that it also covers the circuit brakers, so its worse.:)

good thing though is that it will be removable.

I can see the temp gauges without problem, the prop pitch gauge is somewhat obscured and the tank gauge is half visible. I am not sure if I need to constantly monitor the prop pitch and if I need to check that the fuel is more than half full, I can lean a few centimeters to the left and see even those both gauges perfectly. (Iirc before those two were covered more by the pistol grip)

The CBs are now more obscured, yes, but how often do you need to access them in flight? The NAV lights perhaps, yes, but that one is as good accessible as it was before.

As I explained in some other thread, I am all for having options. So don't get me wrong, I am not against this proposal. But personally I don't see the real necessity.

Maybe in the future when the pilot will be placed inside the cockpit we will get an extra animation with him mounting the gun in the hole.

This will be nice, useful and realistic.

However... I can't stop wondering why some people take a pride of not using a headtracking method with 6DoF... :noexpression:

...but, to each is own

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I can see the temp gauges without problem, the prop pitch gauge is somewhat obscured and the tank gauge is half visible. I am not sure if I need to constantly monitor the prop pitch and if I need to check that the fuel is more than half full, I can lean a few centimeters to the left and see even those both gauges perfectly. (Iirc before those two were covered more by the pistol grip)

The CBs are now more obscured, yes, but how often do you need to access them in flight? The NAV lights perhaps, yes, but that one is as good accessible as it was before.

As I explained in some other thread, I am all for having options. So don't get me wrong, I am not against this proposal. But personally I don't see the real necessity.

oh my post wasnt an offense or anything...just stating that the pistol grip was twisted rather than the whole gun put at a different angle.so now its just more covering than before.

honestly, before it was released, and at the very first days i was really annoyed with the gun...then when it was clear that it was at least usable, and that we could at least really shoot flares, it became less of an annoyance for me...but then when they changed the angle of the gun with one of the latest patch, it started to annoy me again... :)

just like you say, options are a good thing, and personally im really looking forward to take that flaregun and throw it on the ground crew staff's head as they were still too lazy to clear my damn canopy :lol: