DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Ugh - no missions or instant action for Hornet in Syria yet.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

+1

I am also a little bit disappointed :cry:

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

Thanks for introducing the GDR as a faction, that's a great thing!

However, there are some issues:

1. MiG-29G is wrong for GDR. This is the post-unification model of the FRG / German Airforce. The GDR needs the MiG-29A.
  2. For planes like L-39, MiG-15,-19 and -21, there are no (GDR) skins assigned to the GDR faction. Of course it's possible to edit the skin configs, but I assume every update will overwrite the files again and delete additions.

Could you pretty-please correct those two issues in the next update? :smilewink:

It's not just the Hornet, as I said above, there are only some missions for the Tomcat! The Free Flight one is in total darkness!

This surely must be an oversight on the part of ED.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• ED Team

Missions are coming, but they will take time

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The Hornet sounds fantastic! I have had some issues tho.

1. Syria map with the F18 in VR is very choppy its ok for looking around but unplayable (at least for me) otherwise.

2. some graphic glitches, a shadow image of the F18 in F2 view. (PG map)

3.the sun showing right through the fuselage as if made of glass.

Great update! everything is working flawlessly.

Great job on the Damage models on the WWII birds!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Finished a flight over Syria in the F-18, nice... switched to a helo, wow, incredible detail. It's almost a shame to fly at altitude. There's a whole world down there... Seems even with no weather there's quite a haze, hiding all that beautiful work.

I saw that there was an Israel skin for the f16, but I don’t see it in game? Heard several others with the same issue.

Removed from patch notes at last minute

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

Just downloaded the patch and Syria map, pretty impressive download speeds with the new CDN. :thumbup:

Good for you: I have gigabit internet and got a maximum download speed of 11 MB/s. A lot better than what it used to be, but still shamefully low since it's not even 10% of my available bandwidth.

Syria map with the F18 in VR is very choppy its ok for looking around but unplayable (at least for me) otherwise.

Yes it's unplayable at the moment: I just did a +/- 800 nm F-16 flight starting at Ramat David, and landing there again.

It's fine over the desert areas in the East, but in the Western areas I get between 17 and 28 fps at low-ish level, and extreme stuttering and screen-tearing, even in an empty map (my own aircraft being the only unit I placed).

Basically you can't fly around in the Syria map in VR without getting a massive headache...

It's a shame, because the map looks quite stunning indeed. I won't be doing any combat operations there until this gets fixed.

Edited by Elysian Angel
typo
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Great update! everything is working flawlessly.

Great job on the Damage models on the WWII birds!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Yeah, great update! And a big thank you to all of those guys involved at ED (and Ugra). You did an awesome job. I just flew the Viper around Beirut and Damascus to intercept a pair of Floggers and it was an awesome experience. The sim runs absolutely smooth on my end. The Syria map looks gorgeous and I love what you did to the Viper. Even the loading times seem better and the Viper "auto-scaling issue" seems gone. Man, I am not one of those guys who praise things lightly but this is a good patch. Again, thank you ED & Ugra. :thumbup:

Well, tried a flight in the new map, no surprises, the same washed colors and gamma problem in VR. Thank God we have the awesome work of Mustang and his shaders mod to help.

Computer: Potato

Modules: FC3 | M2000C | A/V8B | Viggen | F-5E | F-14B | F-16C | F/A-18 | A-10C | Supercarrier :mad::mad: | UH-1 | MI-8 | Gazelle | KA-50

Good for you: I have gigabit internet and got a maximum download speed of 11 MB/s. A lot better than what it used to be, but still shamefully low since it's not even 10% of my available bandwidth.

Darn, I was super impressed with it today. Downloading Syria at 108MB/s from New Zealand. They must have local content here.

Thanks for the update!!

A big one with a lot of improvements.

and... mirrors working in the Hornet!!!!!

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Running the newest patch released today as well as the new Syrian Map. When I go into DCS, I see my installed aircraft and I see title Syrian Map on the far right. But the Syrian Map is not clickable nor do any of the canned training missions are showing up in the middle section. Any help greatly appreciated. Plus I did not notice a Syrian Map tile as in the Persian and other maps

Edited by SailorDoc4781

Yes it's unplayable at the moment: I just did a +/- 800 nm F-16 flight starting at Ramat David, and landing there again.

It's fine over the desert area's in the East, but in the Western area's I get between 17 and 28 fps at low-ish level, and extreme stuttering and screen-tearing, even in an empty map (my own aircraft being the only unit I placed).

Basically you can't fly around in the Syria map in VR without getting a massive headache...

It's a shame, because the map looks quite stunning indeed. I won't be doing any combat operations there until this gets fixed.

It's a shame. They really need to get that multi-core CPU optimization update to their engine they have been talking about in some of the interviews. I will not play this game without VR. So it looks like I won't be purchasing the Syria map for a while. I hardly use the Persian Gulf map because of the framerate stutters.

Do you use either the Kegetys or speed-of-heat variants of the shaders mod? Curious if anyone has tried Syria out with that. From what you are saying, I doubt it will help much.

My DCS Rig: NZXT H710i * Ryzen 3900x 4.4GHz+ * NZXT Kraken x72 AIO * G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB(2x16GB) 3600MHz * 2x 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 PCIe NVMe SSD * EVGA 2080 Ti Black Edition OC'd * Oculus FrankenQuest * Thrustmaster TFRP * Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS *PC Part Picker Build

Modules: A-10C * F/A-18C * F-16C * AV-8B * F-5E * FC3 * Extra 540 * Persian Gulf * Nevada * Normandy * Super Carrier * Vaicom Pro/VoiceAttack

Anyone notice any performance improvement??

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Anyone notice any performance improvement??

Yes seems to load faster, and vr in Syria is awesome!

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||