DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

That new gun sound in the Viper though. Haven't tried the Hornet yet, guess it's there as well, Speaking of which, I do have a hard time understanding this:

Added Angle of Attack (AoA) steady tone for certain conditions:

• AoA above 35 and below 7 degrees[/QOTE]

Maybe someone could enlighten me why there would be a steady AoA tone at less than 7° of AoA, which is what you're supposed to be at if you're not turning mostly... icon_question.png

BTW I just noticed the patch notes did grow. There's a ton of things I didn't read there the first time.

My performance seems to be in the same ballpark as before, so no MP for me, as it's <20 fps regardless of anything (VR/pancake, lowest/highest settings). And it's still extremely foggy in the Rift without Mustang's mod.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Just did the latest update and lost entire logbook stats. I suppose there is no way to retrieve, correct?

Only if you have a backup of

• %userprofile%\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\logbook.lua

(or Saved Games\DCS.openbeta, etc. for open beta)

The logbook flight hours, campaign progress, etc. shouldn't be effected by updates but sometimes changes in campaign names/paths mean it needs to be edited with notepad++ or similar.

Make sure logbook

• "Invulnerable" = YES

... otherwise the logbook is reset/wiped whenever your pilot dies in a mission.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Only if you have a backup of ...

Backups are critical, I have lots of DCS-related stuff that is irreplaceable, among them my own collection of edited missions and documentation. So, I've placed the whole DCS Saved Games folder on a Cloud Drive, using a Windows hardlink created with the MKLINK command. (I do the same with my other hobbies stuff, like my photo collection).

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I just hopped into an MP server just to see if was single player only related and I can clearly see and feel the timed hitch, only seems to be in Syria map

YHBIxSr.jpgwAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

I'm not really seeing an issue away from built up urban areas, I do note your GFX settings appear to be more aggressive than mine though.

Using MSI Afterburner I see millisecond frame spikes approx. every 4-5 seconds but they don't effect gameplay (at guess (from NS430 behaviour) the CPU or OS stalls due to I/O).

Screen shots from my system to perhaps help/confuse your investigation.

Windows and DCS on NVMe M.2 SSD, fixed size 16GB swap file on 7200rpm HD, i9 9900K, 32GB DDR4, RTX2070 Super, Vsync ON, 1080x1920, 4x sparse grid supersampling in nvidia inspector

Light SP A-10C track - 26 GB RAM, 1 GB GPU shared mem

Htg3ToS.jpgwAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

MP (2-3 players) Spawn (Vsync FPS drops to 45/30 looking forward) - 32 GB RAM (maxed out), 2 GB GPU shared mem

Ni0Srng.jpgwAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

DCS settings

LJ8tbhK.jpgwAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Nvidia Inspector 4x sparse grid supersampling

RuovxVy.jpgwAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Eldur,

I interpreted that as an AoA below -7 degrees.

I think the new M61 sound is in the Hornet too..honestly I didn't know the Vulcan was getting new sounds, only the Avenger....

Right, did a flight with the Hornet already and it has the same sound. Well, they always had the exact same gun sound as the A-10, also regardless of rpm set which I always doubted to be realistic by any means.

And I guess you're right with that -7° assumption. Didn't try that.

Just did the latest update and lost entire logbook stats. I suppose there is no way to retrieve, correct?

That and simply hours not being recorded at all happened so often to me already that I actually stopped caring. Probably still in Early Access. An yes, my pilot is invincible.

And I do have some backups that I could try to merge, but I simply have no idea how to do this. Those files don't look too well organized to me.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU ED for this update! Very nice to see all these fixes being introduced and the overall game performance improved. Great job!

Absolutely LOVE the new gun sounds for the vulcan and the GAU-8 both in-cockpit and exterior :D

I initially experienced some stutter every 10 seconds or so in PG map but after reading this 3d I saw that they're linked to the Mustang's terrain mod. Once I removed the mod the stutters disappeared and I even got a nice FPS bump. Really pleased to see that!

Keep up the great work ED! :thumbup:

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

Moving only the primary group unit without the rest of them ... probably the biggest ME quality of life improvement, great stuff, I never thought of reporting it, somehow the biggest annoyances sometimes don't seem to trigger that feedback thing, whoever reported that needs a medal lol, or did they fix it on their own, great as well !!!

Backups are critical, I have lots of DCS-related stuff that is irreplaceable, among them my own collection of edited missions and documentation. So, I've placed the whole DCS Saved Games folder on a Cloud Drive, using a Windows hardlink created with the MKLINK command. (I do the same with my other hobbies stuff, like my photo collection).

Take a look at the Link Shell Extension too if you only rely on MKLINK in CMD.

Edited by Worrazen
typo in rely

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Moving only the primary group unit without the rest of them ... probably the biggest ME quality of life improvement, great stuff, I never thought of reporting it, somehow the biggest annoyances sometimes don't seem to trigger that feedback thing, whoever reported that needs a medal lol, or did they fix it on their own, great as well !!!

Am I dreaming? This is one of the very small things that have so much impact actually. Was very frustrating when it rearranged your cautiously placed setup just because you grabbed the wrong thing by accident without being able to Ctrl-Z. Thanks a lot!

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

They did what now!? :shocking:

:surprise:

This update just keeps getting better and better! Awesome stuff ED! :clap:

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Moving only the primary group unit without the rest of them ... probably the biggest ME quality of life improvement, great stuff...

Can you still move the group as a whole though? How do i move a complex group layout (like a sam site) to another location?

Can you still move the group as a whole though? How do i move a complex group layout (like a sam site) to another location?

same as before

ME. Unable to move the first unit of a group, without moving the entire group - fixed. Moving the first unit is possible with Left Ctrl
  • Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

They did what now!? :shocking:

:surprise:

This update just keeps getting better and better! Awesome stuff ED! :clap:

Cows. With multiple hides. DCS is feature complete.

Had one crash to modal dialog on something or other (shaders?) but I couldn't reproduce it and decided it was no factor. DCS has said they have more goodies in store for us this year, but...dang...in my world this has been a fantastic turn-around for all of them, in what can only be described as a challenging environment. Can't wait to see what they can do in a more normal world.

• Like 2

Cows. With multiple hides. DCS is feature complete.

:lol:

in my world this has been a fantastic turn-around for all of them, in what can only be described as a challenging environment. Can't wait to see what they can do in a more normal world.

Absolutely agreed! :thumbup:

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Agreed, the last few patches are at the quality bar that i expect as a consumer, nothing is perfect, but it is a huge improvement over the weekly schedule, well done Devs

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

+1. This change of policy towards patching is a real success. Well done, guys!

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Hmm, so the WW2 Damage Model is MP only right now, right? That should have been more strongly emphaised in the patch notes IMO.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• ED Team
Hmm, so the WW2 Damage Model is MP only right now, right? That should have been more strongly emphaised in the patch notes IMO.

The new Damage Model WWII code with all last fixes is uploaded to build to start Open Public tests on the ED servers

Its clear in the log, I will make it bold if it helps

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The new Damage Model WWII code with all last fixes is uploaded to build to start Open Public tests on the ED servers

Translation to something at least resembling English would be nice too. "Last fixes"? (Ever? Promise?) "Uploaded to build?" (Huh?)

And there were no ED servers announced on the day this update came out so it was extra confusing. And it doesn't say what happens in offline play anywhere. You guys seem to assume we attend your meetings or something.