Buccaneer by the BANA Project

Ladies and Gentlemen, on behalf of the BANA Project, I am extremely pleased to publicly announce our first development module for DCS World: the Blackburn Buccaneer Mk2.

What started out not very long ago as a conversion project from another sim has quickly gathered pace, fuelled by the passion and commitment of our development team who have formulated a long term goal of an accurately modelled interpretation of this truly magnificent cold-war era British strike aircraft. This module will be available to the whole DCS community for no cost.

The aircraft is currently in an early state of development, but the 3D external modelling, animation and texturing work is almost completed. The Simple Flight Model is undergoing development and testing at this time.

We plan a staged release to make sure that as many users as possible can enjoy this project; once development of the SFM is completed we will release the aircraft to the community utilising an existing DCS avionics and cockpit solution to allow it to be flown within the DCS environment and to allow all users to provide testing and feedback. Development will continue in the background on an accurately modelled 3D cockpit, customised systems and accurate weapon loads - of course, all within the confines of a simulated environment. Eventually, we hope to be able to provide an External Flight Model, Advanced Systems Modelling and Custom Weapons.

We would like to openly invite members of the DCS community to participate in the BANA Project, we have a variety of roles available to assist in the development of this Buccaneer. We can't offer a generous salary, free healthcare or even a company pension - but what we can offer is a group of like minded enthusiasts to share ideas with and have some fun developing modules for DCS: World. Please contact me by PM if you would like to offer your services to us.

Feel free to post any questions, queries, advice, criticism or ideas you may have for this module. We welcome them all with a big smile and an open ear!"

250i9dw.jpg

2iu53iu.jpg

34j6bua.jpg

For one payment of $1500, I'll make some killer videos and trailers. Mostly to build a new PC for the sole purpose of recording and streaming flight sims via 2 PC setup.

For what Payloads are you going for? Sea Eagle? This Screens looks great. Cant wait to buy it.

What is a man if he loses his homeland? We, the pilots, must fly and take the first and the strongest impact of the aggressor on ourselves so we could save at least one child in this country.

Major Zoran Radosavljevic *26.02.1965 +26.03.1999

Legenda si bio, legenda ostao...

Thanks for all the support and enthusiasm guys! Of course, it is still very early days but things are going in the right direction...

When we have more to show you we will ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The only replacement for a Buccaneer is a Buccaneer".

Thanks for all the support and enthusiasm guys! Of course, it is still very early days but things are going in the right direction...

When we have more to show you we will ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question : i thought developing a complete module for DCS requires a lot of money for many phases, yet you guys still release this for free.....Why?

BTW, fantastic aircraft you guys got there :D

Feel the Rush of Superior Air Power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you need help making liveries i can help. Free time is sparse lately but when i can contribute to this community it free time spend well.

Is there a plan to develop this plane as open source project, where people can contribute code, textures and other stuff?

You can write me or tombeckett2285 a pm to offer your services.

Thanks!

SW

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

I would put off releasing until the PFM is either ready or very soon (within a couple months) to be ready. I just worry that the community will have some backlash when the PFM takes too long (as was the case with a certain other module).

Otherwise, I'm really excited to see this module get released.

i7 4790k @ 4.4, 32GB RAM, RX480 GTR

I fly it all.

Not promising anything as I have a few projects going on atm. But if you need someone to start doing a 3D cockpit I would be more than happy to knock one up and send it your way, I could probably have a mock done quickly.

There's a great book on the Buccaneer called 'Phoenix Sqn'. IT's about a little incident that happened in Belize [was British Honduras].

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

There's a great book on the Buccaneer called 'Phoenix Sqn'. IT's about a little incident that happened in Belize [was British Honduras].

I have it and read it, but I have to admit I was somewhat disappointed. It seemed mostly a "who's who" of the entire story and gets stretched out to irritating proportions.

The actual Buccaneer parts are tiny compared to the rest of the book. This put me off buying his book about the Vulcan raid on Stanley, despite the good ratings in the press for it.

I'm currently reading David Morgan's excellent book on his Sea Harrier escapades during the Falklands conflict (having given up on Sharky Ward's similar book for a similar reason to what I said above about the Phoenix Sqn book) and the difference between the books is night and day. I think it's a class thing.

Highly recommend that one - I'm reading it on Kindle for Android. I'll be bringing up some of the bodges mentioned in it, in the Harrier section - such as the successful chaff bundle/airbrake launcher bodge. :doh:

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2