Crash bang whallop

Bagpipe

Suffering with soooo many crashes recently it is really starting to grind.

I mean, I just exited a dogfight (Anton v thunderbolts over the channel) due to extreme stuttering and the game almost crashed on exiting.

I then decided "I know, I will drop the resolution for this dogfight from 1440 to 1080, because I am a patient consumer who understands that ED are trying to work through a rough patch and regardless of how much I or anyone else has invested in their softwares i do not own ED and therefor shall just suck it up for the time being...:noexpression:

This is after uploading a crash log to Heatblur's section for the Viggen after the sim crashed when launching a missile.

Anyhoo, in the end the game actually locked up and crashed when i applied the new resolution options.

That really got to me, just had to get that off my chest to be honest.

Especially after removing all mods and updating windows and drivers after last lot of crashes.

I hate to go on especially after the boss has made a statement regarding the company's offerings of late but man...:noexpression::noexpression::noexpression:

Edited by Bagpipe

Since you're removing mods do a clean up to make sure they're gone and then a repair. Attach zipped copy of logs if crashes persiat.

:lol:

While I appreciate the help, I have to giggle because tonight I reached my quota for uploads to the forum. I have run repair, deleted fxo/meta2 etc I don't know how many times.

It is probably one of the 2500+ bugs being worked on at the moment so while I will wait patiently for the promised fix in the coming weeks, I can't promise I shall be quiet about it. ;)

(No offence meant btw, it's not you!)

• ED Team

If you are having crashes we need to see data.

dcs log or crash zip folder.

you should remove all unofficial mods, run a cleanup and repair. ( or verify if steam )

Sometimes renaming your dcs folder in saved games will help ( keep it as a backup ) restart dcs and create a new one.

this will rule out a setting / config / unofficial mod issue.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

If you are having crashes we need to see data.

dcs log or crash zip folder.

you should remove all unofficial mods, run a cleanup and repair. ( or verify if steam )

Sometimes renaming your dcs folder in saved games will help ( keep it as a backup ) restart dcs and create a new one.

this will rule out a setting / config / unofficial mod issue.

thanks

Yes, done all that.

Unfortunately when DCS crashes it does not always successfully compile a crash log and often times I have to struggle to get to task manager to close the application down so not sure how much data they would provide in these situations.

Also alot of the issue is with stuttering and poor performance so not always a complete crash either but as experienced yesterday it made dogfighting completely impossible as at times I would be staring at the underside of a frozen thunderbolt for many seconds before then snapping to the next frame which saw me a blazing wreck.

Hopefully ED can change up their platform update strategy as discussed elsewhere and folks can move to Stable while retaining their expensive module access because this OB lark is getting hard to chew. :(

• ED Team

If dcs has started there will always be a dcs log file that will give us some clues.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2