Is the cockpit lighting supposed to look like this?

key_stroked

ED stated in one of their newsletters that they're working on the lighting (including night lighting), and apparently that's an on-going process in Open Beta (and we're here to witness all that in our Open Beta participation).

All part of the normal development cycle - ED updates the core, and 3rd parties have to adjust.

We only have to recognize that this is standard procedure, and need some patience (or move to Stable instead).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Real sorry that you guys are being put through this, but please understand: it takes an incredible amount of work to fine tweak the lights to what they were on release (and subsequent additions). It is not a small taks at all. And we simply do not have the time or ressources to do this for every patch. We just adjusted it partially for the patch before, and now it has changed again. Hence our only option is to wait out ED. Otoh I will say while it is obnoxious ofc, it is to have overall better lighting in the end, at which point all of this will have been worth the ordeal I hope. Thank you for your very kind patience, guys.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Real sorry that you guys are being put through this, but please understand: it takes an incredible amount of work to fine tweak the lights to what they were on release (and subsequent additions). It is not a small taks at all. And we simply do not have the time or ressources to do this for every patch. We just adjusted it partially for the patch before, and now it has changed again. Hence our only option is to wait out ED. Otoh I will say while it is obnoxious ofc, it is to have overall better lighting in the end, at which point all of this will have been worth the ordeal I hope. Thank you for your very kind patience, guys.

Heatblur has always been A1 since the launch of the Tomcat. I originally posted this asking here if it was a Heatblur issue, because all I fly is the Tomcat. I don't fly ED's modules, so I didn't know their stuff was also effected and it's on them to fix it.

Keep doing what you're doing. Let's all hope ED can start doing some meaningful beta testing to catch this stuff before pushing the patch out.

How's this?

attachment.php?attachmentid=238269&d=1591210479

Again, question about photograph.

As the different films react differently to different color lights, especially to primary ones like pure red, blue or green. Red is very easily overexposed couple stops before example blue, so you get very strong illumination out of it.

In reality the cockpit can look very different, and only the person seeing those lights can judge somewhat about the look, as is that photo anywhere near real looking.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

We appreciate the hard work. And I agree, it's good to see the core being worked on, just a bit painful going through development.

We appreciate the hard work. And I agree, it's good to see the core being worked on, just a bit painful going through development.

Yes, I totally understand that. In an ideal situation the customer should be completely shielded from such changes until finalized, but unfortunately it seems that it has to go through open beta, for reasons privvy to ED. I hope we'll have it behind us soon.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

This is great video of the hardships of tanking the tomcat in real life with the bow wave and staying with it after missing several times. Go to 7:01 in the link to video just before the RIO shows the cockpit lighting. It is very red looking but I am sure he had the brightness turned down.

Start the video several minutes back to see the basket chasing. I hope these types of physics get into DCS at some point soon. tanking the cat has become pretty easy now.:joystick:

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

• 2 months later...
You may want to get your eyes checked for early signs of Cataracts. Lights DO NOT look like that in real life unless something's wrong with your eyes.

Thanks for unfriendly quote. As Tomcat pilot I have very good sight and know my office lights very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't find any pictures of a real F-14A or F-14B cockpit at night. What's your source for your info?

Sorry mate can’t publish what I have. We in Iran still fly Tomcat in IRIAF and publishing Cockpit detail is not allowed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk