a2a Gun accuracy

Shein

Search yielded nothing

I've noticed the A2A gunsight seems to consistently run long (rounds fall behind target aircraft) when the PGU rounds are selected (The default) on the DDI. When selecting M50, accuracy appears to improve but still lags behind the accuracy of the F15 RCOS (not sure if this is a good metric to judge by, but it's something arbitrary I can reference)

In the editor, you can select rounds "default" or "no tracers" but they appear to have the same accuracy as M50 rounds; the PGU selection still appears to be inaccurate.

Is this a bug? or are different rounds not modeled yet?

Could you post your sight picture? I have been able to be rather accurate with the default loadout.

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

The issues i've had with it are it jumps all over the place it seems like it has not kind of kalman'esq filter of any kind/ something is off with how it calculates where the piper is placed. And yes I do agree it does seem that the rounds fall short. I'll have to test to confirm though.

Just to eliminate one possibility (sorry if this seems trivial), but I believe there is a separate dot for manoeuvring targets in the sight picture, which is "below" the main pipper dot. I think in this picture it is the small elongated +-sign close to the target aeroplane:

https://i.redd.it/xwtjmtp4t3e11.png

I think that this is the pipper you generally need to align with a target pulling 2Gs (or more?).

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

The issues i've had with it are it jumps all over the place it seems like it has not kind of kalman'esq filter of any kind/ something is off with how it calculates where the piper is placed. And yes I do agree it does seem that the rounds fall short. I'll have to test to confirm though.

I’ve found this in multiplayer, it seems tied to ping. The higher the ping, the worse it is.

I find it extremely hard to get guns kills on players over 200 ping.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Yet the F15's,M2K's, Russian Jets, and F14's pipers are all super smooth both in MP and SP.

I’m not saying it’s correct behaviour, just what I’ve observed.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

a2a Gun accuracy

AA pipper is never going to be sniper accurate against a maneuvering target. The proper technique is to pull the bandit through the pipper while holding down the trigger, then relax back pressure a bit and let him fly through the pipper again. Basically hose him up and down and you’ll get the hits you need.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz // Nvidia GTX 1080Ti // 32 GB DDR4 RAM // 1 TB SSD