Set Default Radar Settings

Zooker

Right now every time the jet is powered the radar settings need to be changed to more than 1B and longer track history. Is there a way to save these settings like the countermeasure profiles?

VF-111 Sundowners

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Carrier Group 1 - Battlegroup Delta

Beware the lessons of a fighter pilot who would rather fly a slide rule than kick your ass!

-Commander Ron "Mugs" McKeown, USN

Commander, U.S. Navy Fighter Weapons School

2 Victories, Vietnam

In the real Jet (and I guess here eventually) you have default settings for each weapon selected, but these can also be re programed to the pilots preferences for that flight. The pilot preferences are removed on shutdown and default settings restored

• ED Team
In the real Jet (and I guess here eventually) you have default settings for each weapon selected, but these can also be re programed to the pilots preferences for that flight. The pilot preferences are removed on shutdown and default settings restored

SET function added internally today, as well as weapon and count when weapon in pri.

Edited by Wags

For the time being simply cycling to AA mode or weapons switches you to 4B & 8Secs.

Yep, that's nice but I wish the cursor would stay where I left it on the radar screen, instead of having to slew it from it's parked spot in the upper left corner of the screen all over again after I either lose lock or disengage from a target

• 10 months later...
Yep, that's nice but I wish the cursor would stay where I left it on the radar screen, instead of having to slew it from it's parked spot in the upper left corner of the screen all over again after I either lose lock or disengage from a target

That's been said to be fixed some time late in last summer, but it never actually was. But I noticed that the cursor sometimes stays in position when undesignating via the NWS button (but I can't see any logical pattern that would explain when it does than and when not), but it will definately jump back to the top left corner when you depress the TDC switch again to undesignate. This really is very inconvenient and I can't image the real thing works like this, but actually I just don't know. It would make a lot more sense to have it based off of the center of the screen naturally, so every far edge has the same distance from the initial position. Like it's done in the simplified F-15C...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

@Edlur, that would make more sense, but Matt specifically said the "SET function" was added. I still don't know what this is or if it was actually implemented or how to use it. Saving radar settings between switching weapons (or at least letting you set default preferences) would win me a lot of fights...

What does the SET feature do exactly?

Each missile type can have its own settings for bar, azimuth, PRF, range, and aging. When you hit the SET button, it saves those settings for the currently selected weapon - so, when you switch to another weapon and back to that missile, it will automatically go to the last saved settings.

Correct and it does indeed work. It’s a good way to access 3 different pre-set radar scan patterns even if you don’t have a particular missile type loaded.

The next step to add will hopefully be the ability to configure those settings pre-mission using the much anticipated Mission Card function.

Each missile type can have its own settings for bar, azimuth, PRF, range, and aging. When you hit the SET button, it saves those settings for the currently selected weapon - so, when you switch to another weapon and back to that missile, it will automatically go to the last saved settings.

Ahh I see. Pretty nifty. Thanks