Normandy performance in VR?

Nealius

I know Normandy has had a bad rep for performance due to the old-style trees instead of speedtrees, but how is the performance in VR? Maybe compared to the other maps in VR? I've got the WW2 assets pack and a few warbirds, and I'm itching to try out the Big Show campaign, but now that I'm exclusively VR I'm worried about performance, especially considering the map is $60.

When flying low it struggles especially in the Spitfire.

And VR colours need looking at too.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I'm not sure about what features cause the issue but in VR Normandy map sucks performance wise.

Don't get me wrong I like it but currently it's performance is pretty ordinary to say the least.

I'll say it again fix the DCS VR engine before any new modules PLEASE! :(

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Did you guys miss this?

Improvements are coming...Hopefully, it will make a noticeable difference.

50% is significant.

From what I read from Wags, they will release this update when all maps are optimized (Terrain Engine).

Rift S orders deliveries are being scheduled as we speak. Would be awesome if update coincides with the Rift S acquisition!

https://forumsbeagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3869786&postcount=2333

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

No glass half full but still no improvements yet,.. :(

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

No glass half full but still no improvements yet,.. :(

Looks like your half empty glass may be filled soon!

Heres hoping for that! :beer:

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

lets hope so man. :thumbup:

I'm not sure about what features cause the issue but in VR Normandy map sucks performance wise.

Don't get me wrong I like it but currently it's performance is pretty ordinary to say the least.

I'll say it again fix the DCS VR engine before any new modules PLEASE! :(

I have to say I’m getting to the point where I agree with this. I can’t wait for these new modules but when they come out I’m left disappointed because I’m constantly playing with the graphics settings to maintain 45fps whilst trying to keep the sim looking reasonably nice and still immersive. I want this VR improvement more than any module.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Never had an issue with my Oculus Rift CV1 on my rig

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Cibit, do you think some of that performance is up to the VR headset, or your i5's clock speed? I've been considering OC'ing my i5-7600 but it's not a k, so my options are limited.

I think DCS really likes the higher clock speeds. It should be a relatively easy option to get a 7700k and ram up the speed :)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you guys miss this?

Improvements are coming...Hopefully, it will make a noticeable difference.

50% is significant.

From what I read from Wags, they will release this update when all maps are optimized (Terrain Engine).

Rift S orders deliveries are being scheduled as we speak. Would be awesome if update coincides with the Rift S acquisition!

https://forumsbeagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3869786&postcount=2333

Normandy was specifically excluded in the conversation this week, about VR optimization. He said Caucasus was done, PG next then NTTR. NO mention of Normandy.

Yes, because Normandy is a third party developer product it will be up to them to perform the optimization in order to generate this anticipated improvement in VR performance. I hope that they can be encouraged to do so.

- 'The Dog's Rollocks' - [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] is a water cooled behemoth :

i9 9900K@5GHz/RTX 2080Ti/32 Gb 3600MHz RAM/M.2 NVMe onboard drives/System driving Pimax 5K Plus/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Gametrix Jetseat

Normandy was specifically excluded in the conversation this week, about VR optimization. He said Caucasus was done, PG next then NTTR. NO mention of Normandy.

Bummer... that is so Sad.

And it is not only in VR...

Of all the maps in DCS, Normandy (especially when close to the ground),

presents a lot of stuttering, wich under the very same circumstances

is not at all present in any of the other maps.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

So, any news from the devs IF or WHEN Normandy will get the VR performance updates?

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5