Loving the MiG-19

SVgamer72

It is easy to point out flaws, but if you take a step back and review the flight-sim landscape since the original Flanker in 1995, we are living in a golden age of PC combat simulation.

I am eagerly awaiting the updates to the MiG-19, but I am not letting that get in the way of enjoying what we have now. It isn’t perfect, but it is a ton of fun to fly and learn.

Thank you Razbam for bringing a quirky Cold War relic to life in DCS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sure is a beauty, and that natural metal effect is better than I've seen anywhere.

Ryzen 7 2700, MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, 16GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200, 970 EVO 1TB SSD, eVGA GTX 1080 8GB ACX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Couldn't agree more. Stunning looking and lovely to fly. A bit like a Mig15 on steroids. I'm really enjoying mine.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

It is easy to point out flaws, but if you take a step back and review the flight-sim landscape since the original Flanker in 1995, we are living in a golden age of PC combat simulation.

I am eagerly awaiting the updates to the MiG-19, but I am not letting that get in the way of enjoying what we have now. It isn’t perfect, but it is a ton of fun to fly and learn.

Thank you Razbam for bringing a quirky Cold War relic to life in DCS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks SVgamer72:)

and thanks to all, it´s good to know that you are enjoying it.

Its a gorgeous beast. I love it to bits. From the cozy pit to the gleaming 50's futuristic exterior. The power! The dakkadakka. Its just great.

I am very happy with this and the prospect of future soviet aircraft from this team.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

I have been really enjoying my MiG-19P,she is a beauty,fun to fly and that bare metal skin is superb,wish the MiG-21 had the same metal finish.

Yes,there are still issues which are missing or not completed,are'nt there with every new module ?....but RAZBAM appear to be on top of the situation ,so it can only get better.

I'm also looking forward to the 'S' model being created as an future update too....this will be the icing on the cake for me personally.

Great work RAZBAM thumbup.gif

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

My next module

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

The S is the one without the nose ballast (radar) right?

Yes,correct,did'nt have a radar either.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Patiently waiting for it to reach the stable branch :)

Don't ask why, it was love at first sight. The more I play DCS, the more I tend to hook to older aircraft. They are SO rewarding when you get full confidence operating those. You do the work ... not a computer.