I have $101.00 in bonus cash

remi

So ED will basically just get rid of the bonus money I already accrued?

$101 is a lot of money just to see vanish.

Can you please have some sort of bonus money --> ED miles conversion?

I like the new system, I just hate losing all the cash I've accumulated but been unable to use.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agreed. I have 32 dollars sitting there and no products that I currently want to purchase. Given my support for their products in the past I would appreciate a conversion.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I like the new system, I just hate losing all the cash I've accumulated but been unable to use.

Get used to it. I have lost at least that much over the years.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Agree with the OP. I finally managed to spend some bonus money on the MiG19, but that's the first time, and certainly think exchanging bonus money to the new 'miles' would be much fairer.

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

Agree with the OP. I finally managed to spend some bonus money on the MiG19, but that's the first time, and certainly think exchanging bonus money to the new 'miles' would be much fairer.

Yeah, the Mig-19 was the first module I was able to purchase outright with bonus cash. Thankfully I did that instead of getting more bonus money.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can you please have some sort of bonus money --> ED miles conversion?

+1

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

The new "miles" system is much more transparent. It gives possibility to actually use the accumulated points. Unlike the bonus points which for the most part had been really difficult to cash-back. This is the main reason why IMO the miles had been so generally positively welcomed by the community. Bonus points are just a virtual number in a user profile. At least looking on my own experience, most of the modules I have I bought discounted either as a pre-order (majority of aircrafts) or taking an advantage of the quite often seasonal sales.

I hope you can already see the point... To be fair, did you really expect to be able to use bonus points? Frankly speaking I wasn't - again due to the fact that 99% of time I had been buying already discounted products. From this perspective asking to have the bonus points converted to the miles is not fully fair as it would to some extend provide more benefit than we're having right now. At least the points shouldn't be converted one-to-one. Maybe 30% of bonus points converted to miles? The reasoning behind is that currently up to 30% of bonus points max could be used to buy a module and again bonus points are quite virtual while the miles can be used in the same way as a real money, generally without any restrictions.

The main challenge to be considered by ED that I see with the way they're introducing the miles is that it creates a risk that those that bought the most modules may actually loose the most. Those are the most loyal customers. Do you see the contradiction? If ED decides to do nothing and keep a defined deadline when the bonus points stop to be honored, those that may potentially loose the most on the conversion are those customers towards which such programs as "miles" (or even old bonus points) are targeted for. The simplest would be not to terminate the bonus points program by a certain date but just let it naturally run-out as the bonus points already have a validity time. This would mean however that for a certain period both bonus points and miles would have to co-exist.

In my personal opinion ED should get rid of either bonus points/miles and the frequent sales/discounts and keep just one of those systems.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I have $28 in points. How can I part pay for a product using these points?

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

In my opinion, a reasonable/fair solution would be:

- conversion of current bonus points to 1/2 * 1000 miles (1 bonus USD = 500 ED Miles)

or

- leaving the current state of having bonus points for 1 year from the last purchase (in accordance with the current rules)

Edited by dslawek

Lesson in fair marketing ED. Don't offer a loyalty reward system and allow your customer base to accrue, only to cancel it and not allow any forward worth. It is unfair and your customer base deserves far......far better - for loyalty alone.

Thanks.

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Yeah, I am also struggling with the idea of my bonus points just disappearing. I am actually quite surprised that no conversion is being done of existing points, I hope ED reviews and changes this. Like mentioned before, I would even be ok with a 1/2 value conversion, but to just say cheers to your bonus points feels like I am being cheated.

Just my 2c

I held off on pre-purchasing the F-14 so I could use my $20 in bonus points that are expiring on May 31st and find out I can't use them for that module. I can't say I'm surprised and should have probably read more into EDs terms of use. Does anyone know the grace period from when a module is released to customers being allowed to use their bonus points?

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

With all respect,you guys pledging on kickstarters,reward systems and other marketing ploys are mad.For a start there are at least three sales within each year where most of these modules end up at half price!

Why then,would you let all of your hard earned cash to sit in these devs bank accounts.......I can't fathom your mind set,they could all go bust tomorrow,thought about that ?......just remember 'Hawk'gate.

There is no way on earth I would ever get caught out like this.......especially,now in the cool light of day,you can't even use it to help pay for their products.

There's a big lesson to be learnt here.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

I guess I'll be waiting for DCS's Summer Sale then.

You might not have to wait until the summer.....if memory serves me well,there has been in the past,a May Day sale,as it is quite a special day for the Russians.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

With all respect,you guys pledging on kickstarters,reward systems and other marketing ploys are mad.For a start there are at least three sales within each year where most of these modules end up at half price!

Why then,would you let all of your hard earned cash to sit in these devs bank accounts.......I can't fathom your mind set,they could all go bust tomorrow,thought about that ?......just remember 'Hawk'gate.

There is no way on earth I would ever get caught out like this.......especially,now in the cool light of day,you can't even use it to help pay for their products.

There's a big lesson to be learnt here.

You're saying the lesson is "don't trust eagle dynamics"?

That's a terrible lesson to teach your customers.

Or, eagle dynamics could do the right thing and just let people use their bonus money on any new modules until the money is used up. Honestly, more good will would come of that than the amount of money "saved" by taking advantage of users' trust.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're saying the lesson is "don't trust eagle dynamics"?

That's a terrible lesson to teach your customers.

Or, eagle dynamics could do the right thing and just let people use their bonus money on any new modules until the money is used up. Honestly, more good will would come of that than the amount of money "saved" by taking advantage of users' trust.

No,I don't recall saying that....I specifically did not mention any names,but it is quite ridiculous that these guys can't even use the bonus points/monies that they have accrued to help pay for other modules.

What else are they supposed do with this accrued points/money ?

In short be very careful with these 'fantastic bonus reward schemes',they're certainly not worth getting excited over IMHO.

"After reading your feedback from our earlier announcement of the upcoming ED Miles loyalty program, we have modified our plans to better support our clients with Bonus Program points. Rather than have Bonus Program points expire at the launch of the ED Miles, we will allow Bonus Program points to expire one year from their earning or until March 31st, 2020, whichever comes first. This will allow all clients to use their Bonus Program points for up to one year since the points were earned. Additionally, you can get up to 30% off DCS World e-Shop purchases using your Bonus Points during the week before the launch of ED Miles. This will include all developers taking part in the Bonus Program."

Thank you, this should give me enough time to use $101 in bonus cash, hopefully enough new modules will be released between now and March 2020.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So since I see that some people used their bonus points towards buying the Mig-19, can part of the F-14 be purchased with bonus points now?

Both modules are new...

i7-13700F - 32GB DDR5 RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060Ti 16GB - 2TB NVMe SSD - Windows 11

So since I see that some people used their bonus points towards buying the Mig-19, can part of the F-14 be purchased with bonus points now?

Both modules are new...

From checking yesterday. Still no go on the Tomcat as far as bonus points being allowed.

From checking yesterday. Still no go on the Tomcat as far as bonus points being allowed.

How is that determination made? The Mig-19 and the F-14 are both made by third party developers.

i7-13700F - 32GB DDR5 RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060Ti 16GB - 2TB NVMe SSD - Windows 11

I think it‘s up to the developers if they want their modules to participate in the bonus program or not.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

I think it‘s up to the developers if they want their modules to participate in the bonus program or not.

Hopefully, it's not a long wait. Mine expire on May 31st so certainly hoping before then.

If I recall from Marketing 101, that according to the Antitrust Laws and the Combines Act, a new product being introduced to the market cannot be on sale or at a reduced price.

After initial release (can't remember the duration) then it is OK.

This is to avoid undue competitive advantage on an untried product.