Just a normal workday in the Harrier...

viper2097

The people saying "yea asl is bugged but its fine anyway" No. Thas not an acceptable answer. It should work correctly.

Is there anybody actually saying that, or did you just make it up?

Why would anybody not want it to work correctly?

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Isn´t that great?!

Tho not at all surprising; I´m just that good.

The ASL line was never working correctly. Still, anyone should be able to fly a straight line at a given heading, that´s just basic airmanship.

People ask the Devs to deliver the most accurate and realistic Simulation ever - only to use it in the most inaccurate and unrealistic way possible.

Yes, the ASL is broken, but that's never prevented me from putting four GBU-12s down the TC hatches of four tanks.

Where was I smug?

Just because I don't have problems using the ASL line doesn't mean that hundreds of other Harrier pilots don't as well. (I jester986 messed up the qoute here. It was nealius)

Is there anybody actually saying that, or did you just make it up?

Why would anybody not want it to work correctly?

There is something definitely fishy going on with the Harrier. On the discord channel is all fine and cute as long as the chat is about "can i press action down for this..." or "here is a nice picture". If a more on the subject question pops up about the Harrier its almost guaranteed that it will result in an allergic reaction. Witnessed one just yesterday. And the question was raised in the most polite way possible, so no, the "you were rude , that's why you got what you got" line doesn't hold any water.

Plus there is a strange pattern, if you look closely.

Heavy debate about ASL behavior for months, asking for a fix -> Switches got updated. Never seen anybody to complain about switch behavior.

Tpod broken for a year now -> we got Betty.

3D model has several issues in the front part (not even acknowledged by the dev team) -> what you will get? new textures for the joystick in the cockpit.

So yes, work is ongoing on the module, but nothing essential, only cosmetics.

Maybe somehow the Harrier code doesn't fit in the DCS world, and they need to wait until becomes possible? Maybe the early access was too...early?? This puts them between the hammer and anvil.

Anyway, i dont't see it finished in the foreseen future. (God i hope, I'm wrong).

Code wise nothing on the harrier is inherently more complicated than the hornet, in fact most systems are simpler or identical between the two. In fact they get code from ED for things like the tpod as i understand it. Maybe they should just outsource the coding to ED.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I was able to drop 14 gbu with the tpod, after the the 5th didn’t picked up the original laser code so for the 6th I changed to a different one and works perfectly again.

Killing time in the bathroom, honey bring me some matches...fewwwwww.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

User made mistake by pressing TDC. Just slew the TPOD over to the target area and leave it.

According to the TAC manual (TAC-000, 1-386), you are wrong as it is not a user mistake. TDC pressed down should simply set an aircraft designation, leaving the TPOD format page. It should never revert to the DMT page.

User not flying correctly with asymmetric loads. I have no problems with enough smash and avoiding certain high-G maneuvers.

According to real world AV-8B pilots, asymmetric loadout should be hardly noticeable, apart when landing.

Yes, the ASL is broken, but that's never prevented me from putting four GBU-12s down the TC hatches of four tanks.

GBUs maybe. But the AV-8B N/A was used as the dumb bombs truck. Because of the ARBS, it was often more precise than AV-8B+ with radar ranging and was the preferred aircraft for delivering dumb bombs. With the ASL we currently have, that's a big problem.

I have no problems lasing four GBUs. If you're carrying any more than four you should go back to Ace Combat.

Doesn't matter how many GBUs you have, it's a matter of time with laser on. The Lightening should never overheat, and in the rare case of a failure and overheat, the "flashing L" would not stay on.

Now that part about Ace Combat: c'mon dude, what's with the attitude... And anyway, TERs rack and GBU-12 loadouts are certified, according to said TAC manual (2-38 ).

User failed to set Chaff release to 'P' in the EW page.

The default Chaff setting (I think it is "S") should still release a Chaff, just not a "Program", but a "Single". Again, no user error here, simply a bug.

Good job on trying to discredit OP though. I do suggest you do some research beforehand.

Thank you toilet2000, you nailed it.

However, I'm surprised that there are really so many people who say that the mistake is by my side or that everything is fine. I'm still able to do AAR and drop bombs with a broken ASL, but that does not change that fact that something is bugged.

For that people, I would like to sum up something:

Bug 1: As toilet2000 mentioned, pressing the TDC should not return you to the DMT. However, the problem is somewhere else:

Slew the designator with the TDC buttons and you will notice that all info (like coordinates) is missing while slewing. As soon as you stop slewing and the pod stands still, this info is shown again. Then it works and targets are designated correct.

When using an axis to slew, the pod gets stuck in the slewing state and as slewing already stopped and the info should come back again, it does not.

So it is not possible to designate any targets when slewing with an axis. The pod does not recognize when you stopped slewing and when you press tdc action, it goes out to the DMT.

So, this is clearly a bug, or better saying two. No fault on my side.

Bug 2: Slewing with an axis still does not work. It does not processes the input commands correct and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.

Clearly a bug. No fault on my side.

Bug 3: If you ask me, it is not implemented correctly, see also here

Maybe a bug? I don't know. Razbam does not loose a word on this.

Bug 4: ASL line is not working, do we need to say anything more?

Bug 5: Point mode not working in a cold & dark aircraft. No more need to discuss.

Bug 6: It does not matter if the laser is overheating or just not working or whatever. If it would be overheating, it should be shown somehow. So, the L is blinking and it just stop working.

Bug 7: I read more then once here in the forum that the fuel consumption is too high.

Bug 8: There are more then one photo evidences in the forum that the probe is too far behind. Does not matter if I would chase the drogue or fly in formation with the tanker.

Bug 9: Chaffs are not deploying, but they should. This was broken with one of the last updates. You have to go to the EW page and cycle the programm.

Bug 10: The EW page shows (and updates) threads while the RWR is turned off. I have reported this for more then one month.

Bug 11: Check the forum, it is not that uncommen that betty gets stuck.

And once again, I did not talked about the massive amount of other broken things, like non working MFD pages, FLIR alignement etc... And I did even not started to talk about the Mirage...

This is just the sum up of a "normal" Harrier mission. No special searching for bugs.

We have here now 11 points, 7 clearly bugged and 4 where Razbam is not able to say anything about it.

All people saying that I am doing things wrong, could you please point now out which bug is clearly a user error? I'm really looking forward to hear it...

And no, saying that it shouldl be no problem to drop bombs with a wrong ASL does not change that it is a bug.

If you still think that everything is fine, I would like you to think just two minutes about that post:

Anyone denying that are just blindingly defending the devs in face of facts. They are not doing themselves, the devs, the players or the Harrier any favours by doing so. Period.

THIS is sooo spot on.

The Harrier is 1+ year in early access. No one has problems with bugs. The problem is, that there is NO progress on fixing bugs and NO feedback on reported bugs.

Razbam is just lying to us and releasing new modules and working on even more new modules instead of fixing the things they have promised and took our money for.

Think once again if you would like to support this treatment of paying customers...

You are also one of them and gave them your money.

And once again:

I love the Mirage and I like the Harrier, and I also think that Razbam could deliver good work if they want. They just would need to start with it.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

3D model has several issues in the front part (not even acknowledged by the dev team) -> what you will get? new textures for the joystick in the cockpit.

The whole thread was deleted :music_whistling:

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

We tried to understand what's happening on fixing aspects that are broken and incorporating the missing features.

We asked a simple timeline.

As result DECOY closed the thread

Before closing the discussion he told us (same thread page no. 5):

"Sorry I forgot to add, shortly a updated list will be created highlighting the improvements and missing aspects of the planes the guys will be working on. Still waiting for a few team members to return from Holidays."

But he never told us anything again...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Panavia Tornado GR4 is a real need for DCS