Programming Chaff & Flares

Captain Orso

You'd think somebody would come up with persistent settings for chaff and flares.

When I get in my car, I press a single button, and the seat and outside mirrors are automatically adjusted to my settings :thumbup:

So, why do I have to setup chaff and flare burst and salvos every time?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

On the real jet the data cartridge most likely saves all of these settings.

Also keep in mind, your car was built in the last 5 or 10 years. These jets are like 30 years old.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

So it's like an Ol' Timer? :huh:

I don't suppose inserting a data cartridge would be planed for the AV-8B, would it?

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Is that a file in \Saved Games or in the installation?

I'm kind of tired of fixes that only work in SP - far too many (not specifically referencing the AV-8B).

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Is that a file in \Saved Games or in the installation?

I'm kind of tired of fixes that only work in SP - far too many (not specifically referencing the AV-8B).

The Hornet EWS profiles are in the base install. I'm not at my computer at the moment, but I will check later and see if the harrier has a similar file and post here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

There is a file you can use to set up programs just like in the hornet.

Download THIS

...DCS Wold\Mods\aircraft\AV8BNA\Cockpit\Scripts\EWS

I use JSGME so you can do that or you can just edit it and drop it into your install. If you drop it into the install, you'll have to do this every time you update though.

This is what I use

local gettext = require("i_18n")

_ = gettext.translate

-- Chaff Burst Values

-- BQTY: 1 to 15. Special values: -1 = Continuous (will use ALL chaff); -2 = Random (will dispense between 1 to 6 chaff)

-- BINT: 0.1 to 1.5 seconds. Special values: -2 = Random (will set an interval between 0.1 and 0.4 seconds)

-- Chaff Salvo Values

-- SQTY: 1 to 15.

-- SINT: 1 to 15 seconds.

-- Flare Salvo Values

-- SQTY: 1 to 15.

-- SINT: 1 to 15 seconds.

--All Expendables

EW_ALL_CHAFF_BQTY = 3;

EW_ALL_CHAFF_BINT = 0.5;

EW_ALL_CHAFF_SQTY = 1;

EW_ALL_CHAFF_SINT = 1;

EW_ALL_FLARES_SQTY = 3;

EW_ALL_FLARES_SINT = 1;

--Chaff Only

EW_CHAFF_BQTY = 3;

EW_CHAFF_BINT = 0.3;

EW_CHAFF_SQTY = 1;

EW_CHAFF_SINT = 1;

--Flares Only

EW_FLARES_SQTY = 3;

EW_FLARES_SINT = 1;

need_to_be_closed = true

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Hi Shadow,

many thanks for the file and info, but this will to trigger an inconsistency in MP, won't it?

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Hi Shadow,

many thanks for the file and info, but this will to trigger an inconsistency in MP, won't it?

No. It doesn't, you can edit to your heart's desire

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hey! Many thanks :thumbup:

Finally a fix that works everywhere :D

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Thanks Shadow !

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !