Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

New Betty stuck in a loop?

Nealius

The new Betty sounds great but seems to get stuck in a loop on startup. When I press/hold the LTS TEST switch she goes through all the annunciations, and the annunciations continue even if I release the switch. If I turn off the battery and wait a while, then turn the battery back on, she's still going at it with the annunciations. I have to click the Master Caution resets about a hundred times before she finally shuts up. Is this intended behavior?

Something seems bugged with Betty. I'm attaching a full ~50min flight out at Nellis range 62B. I'm using the 476th Target Range objects mod so without it people may not be able to watch the track.

1. Betty yells 'Caution' at me and the yellow (left) MC warning light appears any time I make a sharp bank while in the bombing pattern. This happens even when I turn off the ALT warnings.

2. Turning off Betty's altitude warning disables the radar altimeter.

3. With Betty turned on in the landing pattern (because I need the radar altimeter), the pull up arrow is present all the way to touch down.

4. After touch down, Betty is entirely broken. You can hear intermittent squelches until I shut everything down. As I'm shutting down the jet and the caution lights are coming on, Betty should be yelling at me about flaps and fuel control being off, but she's totally silent.

5. Clicking the MC buttons (right or left) a hundred times will not stop the flashing lights after shutdown.

6. On startup, I counted 25 presses of the red (right) MC warning light before Betty finally shut up.

7. Betty gets tripped when setting INS knob to IFA.

Track Download (Google Drive)

Edited by Nealius

Update with more testing/research after looking through the NATOPS NFM-000:

So, some of this is user error and some of this is a bug/WIP.

User Error Items

1. The GPWS system (Betty) will give warnings for excessive bank.

2. In the ALT page, ON/OFF turns off the radar altimeter, not the GPWS system.

WIP or Possible Bug Items

1. When ALT is ON, the LAW (Low Altitude Warning) altitude should be displayed in the scratchpad. Currently it is not.

2. When ALT is ON, the pilot can set the LAW altitude by pressing a number and then ENT. This is currently not possible.

3. Deselecting GPWS in the ODU should temporarily disable the system for 20 minutes.

4. The PUC option is not explained in NATOPS. I assume that's Pull Up Cue.

5. Disabling GPWS does not disable Betty bank cautions. Any combat maneuvering results in constant "Caution Caution" warnings.

6. Betty breaks completely after lowering the landing gear.

Opening a bug report now.

Edited by Nealius

Im super looking forward to this if it hits stable... LOL...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The first think I noticed about "Betty" is that she doesn't have the same voice as in the A-10C, which was disappointing for me :( but what the heck.

I don't know why, but I had the dumb assumption that all the aircraft used the same recordings. Someone else might know, but aren't the Bitchin' Betty voices the same in all the other US aircraft?

I'm going to start calling the Harrier's voice Bitchin' Bertha :D

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I know two voices for it ...one is from Leslie Shook, its in the F-18 for sure. The other is from Kim Crow. I don't know which one is in the a-10.
Shook voices a lot. She's in train stations and airports

Of note though, in this video they say you shouldn't be hearing it much, I think ours is a little jumpy and comes on too much.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

The first think I noticed about "Betty" is that she doesn't have the same voice as in the A-10C, which was disappointing for me :( but what the heck.

I don't know why, but I had the dumb assumption that all the aircraft used the same recordings. Someone else might know, but aren't the Bitchin' Betty voices the same in all the other US aircraft?

I'm going to start calling the Harrier's voice Bitchin' Bertha :D

The sounds in our Harrier are recordings from a real AV8B.

Will be looking into the Betty so bare with us

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

:) Really cool that she's original

Her voice is a lot clearer than in the other A/C, like she has a deeper frequency spectrum.

Anyway, while doing SEAD in the mountains, diving in steep and pulling over the next ridge-line and pulling into the valley, I'm trying to calm her down the whole time, "don't worry, I got this -- make sure there are no missiles on our tail -- I'll roll out when I'm ready! -- we got lot's a room, look, we're already climbing again"... sheesh, women :P

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

And a pull-up HUD cue on approach to the airport with gear and flaps down.

I wonder if anyone at Razbam made one full flight with Betty enabled, or is it business as usual.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

And a pull-up HUD cue on approach to the airport with gear and flaps down.

I wonder if anyone at Razbam made one full flight with Betty enabled, or is it business as usual.

I don't want to repeat myself, but as far as I understand the process of the Bugtracker, it's this chain of events:

Defect gets reported -> =DECOY= reproduces or confirms it -> Testers reproduce/confirm it -> Development

I suspect there is no testing after development. Otherwise certain things couldn't be explained :-)

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline