DCS: F-14 Status Update

Cobra847

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one I honestly feel most bad for in this situation is Meteor. They were probably asked to have the album completed literally years ago. That’s years of potential publicity, exposure, touring income and who knows what else just sitting on the metaphorical shelf.

I just hope this ends up having been worth it for everyone involved, HB and Meteor especially.

Meteor doesn't tour.

And Jorge released a great album in the meantime - called White Crows! Check it out: https://meteormusic.bandcamp.com/album/white-crows

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

There is one thing that is confusing me.

Heatblur has promised to deliver the module in early access on or before March 21. However, they now say that they cannot reveal an actual release date as it is now entirely in ED's hands.

So...like, how can Heatblur guaranty a release no later than 3/21, if the actual release date is totally at the discretion of ED?

Has ED committed to the NLT 3/21 date too?

Thanks.

Heatblur has promised to deliver the module in early access on or before March 21. However, they now say that they cannot reveal an actual release date as it is now entirely in ED's hands.

So...like, how can Heatblur guaranty a release no later than 3/21, if the actual release date is totally at the discretion of ED?

Thanks.

They are simply basing it off of past experience as to how long the process will take. ED has not, nor will they promise a release date for a third party module. ED will only give the "GO" / "NO-GO" after whatever internal tests are done prior to release.

We simply have to be patient for a little bit longer...

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Thanks.

Our target is prior to the 21st.

Yes, NLT date is immutable.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

the target is pror to 21st march, but ed has the final say, if ed say fix this , fix that, it could be a date to which no one knows as it could take any amount of time to fix.

I doubt ED will, or would do that to them. I mean from the streams I've seen it looks incomplete, yes, but not buggy and/or not working properly. I mean look at how the Harrier launched, or the Hornet for that matter. I think they will get through pretty quickly...

ummm, look at the mig 19 its been almost 1 month since it was to be released, and still no sign.

That is meant to be released as a complete module, from my understanding.

This is meant to be an EA release. There is a big difference in the two, and why one would get sent back for de-bugging, and why the other would be given a green light.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

there expecting a release by 21st march, it could be later then that, things happen, you just dont know

Dude....cobra just said above that the date is “immutable”. Do you know what that means? Obviously not...go look it up.

It’s the most definitive statement with no ambiguity that I’ve ever seen him post.

We’re eager to share with you the launch day of the F-14, pending ED’s final approval. We hope this will happen within the next few days.

Few days (and few pages) later...

To be honest, I think we’re eager too. :music_whistling:

ED do know that everybody is eager, don’t they ? :D

Edited by Elefant1301

Few days (and few pages) later...

To be honest, I think we’re eager too. :music_whistling:

ED do know that everybody is eager, don’t they ? :D

Not sure. I suggest starting several new threads in several different forum sections to let them see...

218.png_large

edbanner_new.png
AMD R5 3600 @ 4,5GHz, ASUS TUF RTX 3070 Ti, MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX, 32GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3200, Liquid Freezer II 280, Corsair HXi Series HX750i

Curious. IIRC the Phoenix when launches goes up to like 40,000 feet and drops down on the target damn near vertically.

I guess the Iranians would be the ones to ask since I believe only 1 AIM54 has been launched in anger by a US Tomcat.

I recommend the video on testing the AIM-54 Phoenix missile from Jabbers to get an idea about its capabilities.

Just one notable thing is, that it supports "mad dog" launch, like the AIM-120, where the seeker activates directly and it acquires the target without even the need for a radar lock...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I recommend the video on testing the AIM-54 Phoenix missile from Jabbers to get an idea about its capabilities.

Just one notable thing is, that it supports "mad dog" launch, like the AIM-120, where the seeker activates directly and it acquires the target without even the need for a radar lock...

My short attention span failed me the first time I tried to watch it but maybe I try again.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Apparently a day or two ago Steam was showing a release date of Feb. 27, that has now been changed to Winter 2019. So I am guessing Feb. 27th was a target date that is going to be missed. Would not have been normal for it to come out on Steam that soon when its not even out on the Open Beta yet, but a good indication they were shooting for this month.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Wags is on travel this week. This may be having an affect on the approval process. I know that everyone is eager. I would imagine the Heatblur Team is just as eager as us to get it out. They have spent a ton of money and time to get it this far. By everything I have seen, it will be worth the wait.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...a good indication they were shooting for this month.

No, they were shooting for 2017...

02/2017:

2017. No exceptions.

And in Dec 2017 they apparently had a finished FM and “most, if not all” systems ready for EA.

...The FM is complete, and most, if not all of the systems are Early Access or close to Early Access ready...

So expect it sooner rather than later.

There’s quotes concerned with releasing too soon before, then after, the Hornet in the spring.

Then summer 2018.

Autumn.

The 2018 Christmas debacle.

Oops, not Feb 27 2019 either.

All of these dates and ‘windows’ are from official HB sources. At this point even with Cobra’s “immutable” deadline I give it a less than 50% chance of being released in March.

The only date I can give with 100% certainty is March 21st. If I’m still Cat-less then that’s the day I submit for a refund and never look back.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

three...

four...

five...

six...

ASUS Maximus Hero IX with i7 7700K OC’d to 4.8Ghz. EVGA 1080 ti. RAM 32GB DDR4. Old Samsung 1080p TV, hopefully VR soon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No, they were shooting for 2017...

02/2017:

And in Dec 2017 they apparently had a finished FM and “most, if not all” systems ready for EA.

There’s quotes concerned with releasing too soon before, then after, the Hornet in the spring.

Then summer 2018.

Autumn.

The 2018 Christmas debacle.

Oops, not Feb 27 2019 either.

All of these dates and ‘windows’ are from official HB sources. At this point even with Cobra’s “immutable” deadline I give it a less than 50% chance of being released in March.

The only date I can give with 100% certainty is March 21st. If I’m still Cat-less then that’s the day I submit for a refund and never look back.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

three...

four...

five...

six...

Yikes