Way to Stop Activation Menus Enabling at Start Up?

Weegie

So I have a slightly odd set up

I am running DCS on an SSD and have Win 7 on a separate SSD

I am in the process of transferring everything across to Win 10 on yet another SSD

So now I can run DCS from either 7 or 10 depending on what I choose with the boot manager.

I did not disable the modules prior to installing 10

It all works a treat with one exception, when I run DCS from 10 I get the activation requests for every module, but simply exiting from them and doing nothing will result in DCS opening as normal with all my modules enabled and the whole thing works a treat

Is there a way (and I'm not holding out much hope here) that I can get rid of the pop up windows requesting activation every time I start, or will I just need to live with it?

As I will be updating hardware shortly (new graphics card at least) I'm loathed to burn an activation simply to stop these pesky menus from popping up.

It's not such a deal breaker anyways, but it would be nice to eliminate them if I could

Many Thanks in advance to anybody who takes a look to see iif they could help

I would be a little hesitant doing it that way, I think it's Star Force detecting a hardware/software change and wanting you to activate because of the change.

I can't really say regarding dual boot as the unique ID Star Force uses seems to be a combination of OS and hardware and every change may be construed as yet another activation.

You can check the number of activations used on any DRM modules in your account at the ED site.

The modules covered by the newer system locked to you user name would likely be ok it's been fine so far with testing with different SSD's and even a new install.

I have a new PC build that I am testing and going through and cancelling each and every dialog box on an initial startup and I no longer get the repeating Activation requests but now just shows that I have modules in the module manager that I can activate. (Hopefully their will be another module available next week :) )

If you normally use VR it can help to switch to 2d when going through the activation or de-activation process as the various dialog boxes can get lost behind DCS VR.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Thanks for the reply

Checked my activations and I've used 2 which is correct an initial and when I reloaded 7 a long time ago due to a computer crash, so although the menus are annoying I can live with them until I purchase the graphics card then I can disable the modules and re-enable.

Hopefully that will cure the menu pop ups and get rid of this minor annoyance

BTW nice rig, I hope to update mine in the not too distant future

Just go through even a couple of times, DCS just stopped prompting, maybe even cancel out of all of the activation prompts when in DCS go into module manager but wait until there is a red square with the number of modules to activate in the module manager icon. I do remember seeing a list box of all my modules and it may well have been in DCS module manager??

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.