Kudos for Razbam planes in VR

Harlikwin

I don't really know how you guys do it, and maybe other devs can learn from you guys, but after a few weeks of playing with VR, I've found the Harrier and M2000 to be the best performing VR planes in all of DCS both in terms of frame rates on my relatively low end system but also visual quality. :)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The I love the Harrier as a faster a-10c, but lately the Mirage has become my go to even over the Hornet. I do love the campaign it comes with. The only thing I don't like about these planes in VR is the weird highlighting around the switches in certain light. Other than that it's been a blast.

The I love the Harrier as a faster a-10c, but lately the Mirage has become my go to even over the Hornet. I do love the campaign it comes with. The only thing I don't like about these planes in VR is the weird highlighting around the switches in certain light. Other than that it's been a blast.

Yeah I've noticed that on the harrier and the UFC in the morning/evening scenarios, it does look weird/unrealistic. In general I don't like how cockpit lighting "works" in the game relative to real life in high/low light transitions but thats more a DCS in general thing vs anything specific to razbam.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah I've noticed that on the harrier and the UFC in the morning/evening scenarios, it does look weird/unrealistic. In general I don't like how cockpit lighting "works" in the game relative to real life in high/low light transitions but thats more a DCS in general thing vs anything specific to razbam.
Very true. I do love the red lighting of the mirage in the early morning.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yeah the mirage labels are hard to read in vr. But i was talkin frame rates.

• 2 weeks later...

A cockpit update is planned for the AV-8 Harrier. This will be even better with VR.

I also think the AV-8 Harrier looks great in VR, especially the MFD I can read well.

What about the Mirage, is there also a cockpit graphics update planned? I have more problems to read with VR. But you just have to like the airplane.

Hardware: Windows 11 64Bit, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro Wifi II, 32 GB Ram 3600 MHz DDR4, TUF RTX 4080 OC, M.2 SSD ADATA SX8200 2TB, Meta Quest 2, ASUS TUF VG279QM Monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog , VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base mit TM Hornet Stick und Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedalen.

Deutscher Guide zu: Mirage 2000C, MiG-21bis, F5 Tiger II, Mi-8MTV2, F-14B Tomcat, AJS-37 Viggen und Fulgabwehrsysteme

I just upgraded to a vive pro and that made a big difference. Needed to turn off shadows to keep the frame rates up, but man it looks great! Surprised how well my over clocked 1070 handles things so far, but I do plan on upgrading to a 2080 shortly.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

I found that with my GTX 1080s in SLI that if you disable your rear-view mirrors you get a 7+ frame boost with the VR Pixel Density set at 1.5 - 1.6 (I can't read the cockpit printing any lower).

you know that SLI does not work with DCS or I was told when I had it when I took out second 1070 there was there was no difference in the way it ran with 1 21070 or 2 1070 in SLIP

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

I had to run it in Non-SLI when I first got my Vive to work something out and noticed it ran a bit hotter and I had to drop the settings so I don't know personally. I got my first of 2 RTX 2080 ti last Friday and when the snow ever melts enough in Washington to get the second one I'll let you know the before and after frame count.

• 3 weeks later...

There are two camps on whether or not VR SLI does anything, personally I'm super curious.

• 4 weeks later...
There are two camps on whether or not VR SLI does anything, personally I'm super curious.

If the SLI would run so that each screen in VR has own dedicated GPU, then that would definitely increase the performance. But it doesn't go that way, so the benefits are minor, compare what you can get with other applications.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.