Community request (move me if there is a better place)

Ghostrider142

When I started using DCS I was in Portland Oregon and had access to 100mb download speeds. I've moved to the Missouri Ozarks and am building a cabin on my land. I am over 2.5 hours from a high speed access point.

1. If you are a DCS user with at least more posts than me, preferably someone well known in the community

2. I will mail you two brand new in the package: 128GB thumb drive and a 64GB thumb drive

3. I will give access to my DCS account to download 2.5 stable and all my modules I've purchased (and some mods if you didn't mind) onto the thumbdrives

4. You will keep the US $20 I send you and you will mail me the thumb drives back (I will send money to cover all shipping)

5. You will be a legend forever among DCS players. :thumbup:

Anyone with a super fast connection so it will not be a burden on you want to do this?

There is no high speed access in my area, everyone has satellite internet like Hughesnet etc and it is super slow.

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, couldn't really decide where it would belong :book:

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

I kinda have a feeling nobody needs your account info. They just have to have the same modules as you... If they were to log out, then make a copy of their DCS folder with the modules you have on to your USB drive. When you copy it to your drive and then log in, it will make you activate your modules. Since you already have them in the proper folders it will just reactivate with your ID.

NineLine will probably be around in a bit to clarify how this could be done properly without risking your ID info.

Or scold us for potential piracy. :(

Edited by aileron

Don't even need to own the module to install them. You can force it via command line with the installer. When you do install a module you don't own then Starforce or the account linked modules will simply not work if a valid key isn't found. You will get an annoying prompt each time you load, but that is about it.

Donno how well it'll work if you don't have any internet with the account linked stuff...

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Interesting, I found a personal friend of mine who can do it for me, I'm still just going to mail him a thumb drive and grab2.5 stable and all my modules for me.

Actually, what's the best way for him to get them onto the thumb drive without installing it to his work computer? He doesn't own DCS and has no interest in it anyway.

I do have internet enough to link and activate, I'm using it to type here, but it would never download the 100+ gigs of DCS.

I could drive to a library a few hours away, but again I couldn't take my PC tower, how should I do this?

Edited by Ghostrider142

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung