Flight Qualifications Campaign

Theres a bug in mission 2 as no matter what I did I get mission fail prior to take off. Ref departure time.

Mission 3 also has a problem as if you are late in the 1st turn in the traffic pattern you wind up flying into a hill and mission fail. Awesome missions though.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres a bug in mission 2 as no matter what I did I get mission fail prior to take off. Ref departure time.

Mission 3 also has a problem as if you are late in the 1st turn in the traffic pattern you wind up flying into a hill and mission fail. Awesome missions though.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll check them out and retest them all against the latest patch release.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Just did traffic pattern after 1st turn back to 300 after over flying the runway the IP doesn't let you turn back to the runway also the AI F-15s/F-16s might be interfereing with the approach for 2nd approach as they continue to fly in circles. I had to abort approach to tower and then call inbound a 2nd time to get new approach by tower but IP continued to want 300 heading even after 40miles.:doh:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Approach and Landing

I found this mission partly working, take off ok, 1st approach and abort landing good. 2nd approach mission fail because it said I was above glide slope and then after correcting had gone below pattern altitude.:doh:

BTW also got a mission complete and qualified at steerpoint 2 for some reason at the start of the mission.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Hello to everybody

I complete the first 2 missions

I want to ask this

When I complete the shut down procedure if I make a mistake instructor tells me that I'm disqualified after checking the apropriate check list

When everything is ok does he tells that everything is ok and you are qualified or nothing

I waited 10min but he tells nothing

Is it a bug or I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

Ps keep up the good work with those missions. Is there a prop ability for combat missions too?

It could be a bug. The program is supposed to check the shutdown items and the FE tells you if you missed one but then you should get a rating depending on the mission.

Once I'm done with BFT11 and BFT12 I'll review all the missions again and update the startup and shutdown checks based on Paulrkiii's checklists.

Was it the end of mission 3 that you had the problem?

• Like 1

BFT11 - Fly 2 Ship as Wingman has been posted to ED's user files section pending moderator approval.

This was tested on the 1.1.0.9 patched version.

Here is the link to ED's User Files Section: http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

Tested this mission it works good a few questions though:

1/ after ramp start do we wait for the IP to take off first?

2/ should net ID be 2 to see IP as 1

3/ Tower failed to pick up my inbound call eventhough I had already the right freq prior to take off. Should we wait for IP to land first?

After I took off I was ahead of the IP and had to locate him near SP7. After forming up I did some finger tip formation which is good the IP detects a good position and I also lost him from alt change. Aside that a very good mission.:thumbup:

Screen_111015_122106.jpg

Edited by SUBS17

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Glad you liked it.

In answer to your questions:

1/ As a good Cadet you really should let lead "lead" if you know what I mean.

I did some testing where I got ahead of lead and he didn't keep a good formation with me (climbing to avoid a collision, etc). Which messes up your station keeping so I would recommend staying behind lead at all times.

Unfortunately I didn't put a mission trigger in to have lead yell at you if you get ahead of him (maybe in version 1.1). ;-)

2/ I don't know. I didn't have mine set and lead still showed up on my TAD. Not sure I understand the net settings yet anyway.

3/ I didn't encounter that but I did get an orbit request when lead and I were both coming in on the initial approach. I guess it depends on when you call inbound (I do that shortly after leaving the MOA and I have not seen a problem).

Cool your missions are very similar to what I expected FighterOps to have it would be cool if it could be expanded into other areas such as IFF. So long as the switches can be moved and set a trigger it could be possible I think.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

The formation mission has a bug where you get fly 300angels6 at 200kts after 040 if you turn its a failed mission. The other problem I find is the desent near the end of the flight the lead descends and slows down quite rapidly and forces an overshoot.:joystick:

I didn't see that in my testing but I'll test it again. I usually climb rapidly on takeoff and get to Angles 6 at 200 before the message to turn to 040.

If I recall I think there is a message indicating a decent before the lead dives to give a warning. I can see if I can reduce the decent but it's AI controlled so I don't know.

In testing whenever I got a indication from lead about some event (climb, turn, or descend) I kept watching lead and reacted immediately to any changes (pop speed brakes on the descend to retain position, etc).

IRL if you are being tested and you make a safety breach then they will likely scrub the mission and fail you straight away.

I agree with this and wrestled with terminating the mission with the first "Too Close" call but then I wanted to give the users a better chance at passing so you have have up to 5 formation failures to get an unqual. If you break the hard-deck or leave the MOA unauthorized then it is an immediate termination.

Love the mission! Fantastic job.

But I'm flying the 3rd mission for the 3rd time now.

The problem is that when I'm on the pattern, at the time I get the instruction to turn on the next leg, I need to turn realy hard to make it. If I want to do a standard 30° bank turn, I will fail the mission, because the next leg turn command from the instructor will be missing (I guess I'm not close enough for the trigger location?)

Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Ok my bad, the turns should be 60° Bank :D This is a military jet not a civil one :D But still easy to miss the turns, but now I can believe it is intentionally tight.

Edited by Balu0

General Nerd :pirate:

Intel I5 4ghz, 16Gb Ram, GTX1070, Saitek X55 HOTAS

excuse me, but how to install BFT02 - Takeoff and EFATO? :doh: I don't find the 'miz' file in there...

Thanks for a short note.

easy

War is much too serious a thing to be left to military men.

Charles Maurice de Talleyrand