F-15C avionics wishlist

Is it some day yet wags!! :)

This is a good start Andrew. Here are some APG-70 specific features I’d love to see someday:

Master mode selections of:

A/A Mode

A/G Mode

ADI Mode

VI Mode. Once a target is locked, the ASE circle and dot will provide steering data to bring the aircraft directly behind the target

A/A Attack Mode Selection, weapon select. This is a three position select switch on the throttle that enables GUN, SRM, or MRM

A functional mater arm

Elevation bar scan selection of 1, 2, 4, 6, and 8

Frame store selections of 0, 1, 2, and 3

All standard radar search modes including:

1- MED: MPRF for search and TWS for 10, 20, 40, and 80 range scales.

2- INLV: MPRF and HPRF for 20, 40, and 80 range scales. Alternating INLV or HPRF scans at 160 and MPRF only at 10.

3- HI: HPRF at all range scales and search and TWS modes.

4- VCTR: Velocity search between 80 and 2,400 kts relative

5- RGH: Uses an intermediate PRF between MPRF and HPRF that gives good all-aspect acq. The 10 -20 nm scale uses a short pulse wave form to provide better break out sensitivity. Not to be uused below 6,000 AGL

Auto Acq. Modes:

1- Boresight

2- Long Range Boresight

3- Supersearch

4- Vertical Scan

5- Gun Scan

All TWS Modes:

1- NDTWS

2- DTWS

3- HDTWS

4- NDHDTWS

NCTR interrogate (coolie switch inboard)

Additional MPCD functionality:

1- Combat jettison

2- JTIDS display (SIT), functions including:

Auto-range (tied to VSD range)

PDT lock/launch line

Altitude and radar coverage lines

Reference lines and area symbols

Waypoint and route symbols

Ownship weapon inventory

Declutter

Friendlies

Data

Strength/type

H SAM

Ship

Radar coverage

Routes

Lines

4- A/A and A/G PACS select (FYI. PACS is one portion of the MPCD functionality)

5- MRM target size select

6- Flight member ID input (for deconflict)

7- Color indications for weapon status

Green = ready

Amber = failed / hung

White = stand by

8- COOL switch set to on when master arm activated

9- A/G weapon video display

10- AIM-9 self-track toggle

Cycle through TWS targets in priority list by range to be PDT when tapped less than one second. When held more than one second, nearest track is set to PDT (coolie up)

TWS undesignated target (aft on boat switch)

Weapon reject cycle option. When selecting MRM (AIM-120 / AIM-7), missile reject is used to cycle between types

When TDC is pressed for less than one second, radar antenna should be slaved to TDC azimuth position. Hold TDC more than one second command SORT mode that includes 30-degree azimuth that is heading stabilized.

On HUD, cue for AIM-120 selected is “A(number of type remaining)C”, AIM-7 is “M(number of type remaining)M”, and AIM-9M is “S(number of type remaining)M”

If missile type onboard that is not in priority is also between Rmin and Rtr, that weapon cue (S4M for example) will flash next to the current weapon in priority

With MRM selected, the selected target size (from the PACS) should be displayed on the HUD unless set to Normal.

When an MRM is launched, the current present position and time of day are displayed on the HUD

Track memory (MEM) mode should have the TD box flash on the HUD when the radar has lost lock but is still trying to reacquire

SNIFF special mode indicators should be on HUD when appropriate

JAM, HOJ, AOJ should be moved to the top of the lower right data block on the HUD

If more than one missile is in air at the same time, the TOF for the minimum and maximum times are displayed on the HUD.

An Enhanced Identification (EID) box cue should flash in the TD box when the target has been interrogated to be a friendly

Along the bottom of the VSD, the magnetic bearing and range to bull’s eye is displayed when in search and TWS modes. When in STT, the magnetic bearning and range between bulls and target is displayed.

Along the right outer side of the VSD, the aircraft’s present lat/long position is displayed.

In addition to the current GDS gunsight, provide LCOS version as well

Include the Ropt cue on the VSD

TWS scan should center on PDT

TWS modes should be inhibited when in guns mode

MAR bar on the missile fly-out line

Hot and Cold hit icons when in a LRS mode

Add Expanded Azimuth Display. This is enabled when in STT and the target is more than 45-degrees off in azimuth. When this happens, the azimuth is increased to +/-75 degrees and the outter grid line represents break-lock point.

To be honest, I do not think this is the way to go. In fact, the F-15C's avionics, whatever update, are completely obsolete by now. ED could spend thousands of hours in trying to get all these details right without any serious enhancement in gameplay. A modern-day fighter has high-resolution targeting pods and HSD, often superimposed on high-res moving maps.

Navigation in the F-15C is absolutely arcane when compared to even a Garmin glass cockpit in a Beechcraft Baron.

I guess the way to go is forget about F-15C and indeed develop F-16/Mig-29 with modern day avionics, a Lantirn pod to mention one that would mean a game enhancement. Or an F-15E of course :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I guess the way to go is forget about F-15C and indeed develop F-18/Mig-29 with modern day avionics, a Lantirn pod to mention one that would mean a game enhancement. Or an F-15E of course :)

In your haste, you typed 6 instead of 8 because we all know F16s are for poser like Range Rovers are for wannabies. So...I fixed it for ya. You can delete your post now.

:D

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

In your haste, you typed 6 instead of 8 because we all know F16s are for poser like Range Rovers are for wannabies. So...I fixed it for ya. You can delete your post now.

:D

LOL! Hear, Hear :D

However, in the interest of balance and realism I don't see the problem with a Desert Storm era sim.

As long as the next sim does better :) Whether it's an F-18, Mig29 or F15E :)

To be honest, I do not think this is the way to go. In fact, the F-15C's avionics, whatever update, are completely obsolete by now. ED could spend thousands of hours in trying to get all these details right without any serious enhancement in gameplay. A modern-day fighter has high-resolution targeting pods and HSD, often superimposed on high-res moving maps.

Navigation in the F-15C is absolutely arcane when compared to even a Garmin glass cockpit in a Beechcraft Baron.

I guess the way to go is forget about F-15C and indeed develop F-16/Mig-29 with modern day avionics, a Lantirn pod to mention one that would mean a game enhancement. Or an F-15E of course :)

To be honest, I'm quite satisfied with ED's progress in terms of avionics - a clickable 3D cockpit and switchology that actually means something (i.e. the systems behind the switches are modelled in exacting detail rather than in abreviated form and being pretty much nothing more than an excuse for modelling the switch) will be introduced with BS and all of their subsequent products can be expected to be of similar quality. We've already got an outstanding flight-/damage-model and the WAFM also seems to be on track, so the physics, avionics and weapons modelling aspects are pretty much taken care of.

The next things for ED to tackle are communications (LOMAC was a big improvement over the Flanker series in this regard, but then again that was very easy to accomplish indeed ;) ), the ever present AI problem and - depending on how the new mission editor turns out - a dynamic campaign.

• Like 1

• ED Team

To be honest ©, we do not want to implement only most modern avionics and to trow all obsolete for these days. Rather we are trying to implement REALISTIC avionics for any airframe of any timeframe. I think this is the way to go.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Er, no, I want my intereptor thankyouverymuch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Give me a better F-15 v Su-27 match anyday - full radar modes, cockpit ergonomics, JTIDS, decent AI, AFM, WAFM, better seeker modelling (ASM) etc... F-16 is jack of all trades, master of none! Been done, no thanks.

Actualy thats the motto of F-18. ;)

There have been as many F-18 SIM's as there was for F-16 in the last 8 years: NONE

Furthermore it has never been donne with AFM nor WEAFM. It will be totaly different that any SIM ever made.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P