Patch 1.13 Requested Features/Fixes List (*Merged)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fix amraam for a start as everyone agrees

F-15 radar needs a few tweaks as mentioned, TWS etc

F-15 engine performance at high level needs to be increased

G effects - pilot's can sustain higher G before greying than modelled

Disappearing jets when the LOD's change over, fix that.

Make the R27ET more realistic, right now it's almost a death ray as has been proved by the # hits vs # fired in the communities Red Flag missions. Typically ET's have a ratio of litereally like 12/13, wheras ER, R, Aim7, and Aim120 are in the order of 2/100.

Overcast cloud - you can see through solid cloud for about 100ft IRL, it would be handy if this were the case in lock on for formation flying.

Nav lights on jets should be visible from several miles away at night, as modelled on the Su25T. Application onto the rest of the a/c would be good. Anti-collision nights would be nice

With regards to the F-15, there is an ex F-15 pilot in the community and I'm sure most guys that have been around long enough know who he is. A quick email from ED could really clear up what is realistic/what is not in the case of the F-15, as opposed to the conjecture and interpretation of various dubious internet sources that we as a community tend to indulge in.

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

- AI that don't drop their ordanance when spiked by radar ( http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=22184 )

- stop aspect ratio defaulting after a graphics change in game

- fix see-through of objects through clouds

- Server forced loadouts

- add the extra Georgia bits of the map

Thanks,

LP

modules:

F5-E / A4-E / A-10A / AJS-37 / SA-342 / UH-1H / Ka-50 / Mi-8 / CA

would buy:

OH-58 /AH-64A / AH-1 / Sepecat Jaguar / F-111

Add duel core support

This will surely not happen because, if you think about it, to get that workin it would require whole rework on the core coding and I think to implement this would be way more then some patch to fix bugs.

No longer active in DCS...

- Flight Model: for example it was way better for the flanker on 1.02 version, you have to be an ace to stall a flanker now.

- HSI Nav- fight mode : let the HSI still working, when you switch to fight mode, it is really anoying to fly a strategy properly. you can see also, rdr shut off automaticly for mig and not for flanker (multiplayer?). You have also to set back all you did before, so pls rdr Off if you decide it.

-Blinking ECM shut off: all those system need time to be push ON OFF god this ecm is not a disco dancefloor light

- Printscreen ON OFF option.

- implement Missiles model : Madog (amraam ET..), range G capability etc...

- kill the exploit: like under 10 meter flight.

- 6DOF:

- GUN MODDEL : let stop capability of shooting with gun a guy 2 km away , shell have got weight too ;)

• Like 1

- Hook for Su25 planes and make Su-25TM(39) with working Kopyo radar, ect...

- better Multiplayer code and GOOD Server menu (example Options to ban, kick, ban for eee 2 days, alloadable payloads ect...

- I have a curious question. As you know on the left or right side of plane (under fairing) usually is wrote the name and rank of the plane "owner" - example "Capt. Homer Simpson". Will there be possibility to do your own text on some places of plane in the menu of game? Modyfing skin is not too good cause the skin only I see and nobody will download my skin to see some texts... It would be looks like we can see a plane and there will be field to write your name and text accessible fonts or pattern of fonts. By this to other ppl will be only sent small amount of bytes of same text....

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• ED Team

New patch 1.13 could try to solve NVidia's full shadow issues, please, please.:cry: Of course, I'd appreciate new weapons models and new physics for A2A missiles.:):joystick:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

I noticed a weird bug in the eastern fighters' radar system some time ago, maybe it's time to correct it, if possible.

Radar PRF in search mode is OK, but when locked on a target, the PRF properties comes down to the single target track mode. Thats absolutely wrong.

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

I think what he (LeFty) means by this is that he thinks PRF in russian birds should work the same as TWS in F-15. So, in Su-27 for example, you can set radar to PRF mode which will not only give radar contact on the HUD from which you can tell the distance and heading to the target, but also adds target heading, speed and altitude. This way you can see multiple targets but can't target any since you don't have a lock on any target. However once you make a lock all the radar energy is directed to locked contact and you won't see any longer anything else on the radar.

This is great news

First I'd just like to say it's great to hear that ED is even considering a new patch to address some of the issues regarding LOMAC. It's a great game and this new patch should make it even better. After reading around I'm a little confused by what the true aim of this sim is, if I can call it that, a sim. On the one hand we want realism (numbers and facts and stuff), and on the other we want a balanced battle in HL between the various jets. This seems like a conflict that is not easily going to be solved.

The first problem comes when we define realism. We do have some declassified information on the jets portrayed in LOMAC, but I believe there is still a lot of guess work involved, especially with regard to some of the american jets. Ok so defining realism is difficult, but we also want to have some fun playing this sim right? As I've read somewhere before in this forum, it was said that if the F15 was made into this super jet that blasted everything below it with its low down radar and AMRAAMs, then no one would fly anything else. This does make sense. However I don't agree with dumbing down the radar and or the missile so drastically that you get a pathetic hit ratio.

There are a lot of suggested fixes mentioned already and I agree with most of them, but all I'm trying to say is that ED have a tough job on their hands trying to please us, the consumers. I don't believe that ED will ever please everyone, and I don't expect them to, but I'd like to say thank you for a great game and thank you for your continued support. It's great!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---------------------------------------

Kiwis CAN fly!

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ @ 2.2Ghz | 2 Gigs DDR RAM | Sapphire X800XL 256mb | Creative SB Live 5.1 Digital | Seagate 120Gb SATA HDD | 17" CRT Flatscreen | Boston Acoustics 7500G

BVR to NAV to BVR mode Offline and Online Bug

In Singleplayer you can switch on BVR mode, Radar on, Azimuth...HI MED ILV .....elevation.....etc etc....... after setting Radar u can switch back to NAV and back again to BVRmode just pressing "2" again....and your reset Radar (HUD) stays how it was....

In Mulitplayer NOT !!

Rear-Aspect TDS BOX over Target Bug

If you follow a plane and u activate your Radar and you move your TDS over his signature in your HUD he gets a LOCK-WARNING just by this...

Wihtout pressing LOCK !!!

Cockpit FOV Zoom ( also made very wrong in other sims)

You should be albe to act or move your Head inside your Cockpit , with TrackIR or keys or Joyslider as before - like going closer to instruments (leaning)

but

this Zooming should defintly not include this mega "zooming in effect of outside world" (20 -120 FOV)

thats totally crap . .. a inviting backdoor to fly arcade style and ppl do so...

Think like a Pilot without being afraid having disadvantage not using it thinking others do.......

Solution for this plz.! Standart is 70 blankinstall - limitation 55-85 FOV is one way for example...but still moving your body in your pit doesnt bring outside world closer and bigger...!!!! plz really think about this and its effect on different cases of flying.

Chaff G

add Gravity to chaffs

all other wishes i save here cuz i know how scriptrelated all is written and it would be probalby not possible to make that affort to change things..

Crosswind effects while wheels on ground

reduce it.... if wheels on ground it doesnt blow you away the same way as your are airborne (add difference in code of touch ground and airborne)

G-effect

I guess the reduce / realistic thing was a try to do... i dont knwo what to do but do again.... :)

Stohl2.jpg

No need to render water under terrain..

FSX had the same problem but figured it out...

and for this one u will hate me :P

change holographic Trees with crash-able ones ;))))

thx you

In respect

Me

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

change holographic Trees with crash-able ones ;))))

You can also crash into trees in the "Lock On: Flaming Chifs". You must change file "TreesTable.sht":

// ...

TreesTable

{

{

vis = 1;

shadow= "";

load = { false, false};

fire = { 0, 1};

username = "";

classname = "lObject";

positioning = "BY_XZ";

//-------------------------------------

collidable = true;

//-------------------------------------

}

Post #6 of Thread

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

now this i call creativ post...thx u very much Sir

:)

Apparently an Issue with AI (Bots) not working with function enabled? Not sure the extent of the failing, but I suppose at this moment it's a give and take if that is the case.

Anybody with more Info? - would be interesting to know the full limitations/impact of the setting if enabled.

Ta

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

em... whatever is new in BS, might be hard to get it in LOMAC/FC .. so y not just make whatever we have better?

my wish list..

1. Fix missiles and FM ( all understands )

2. Fix bugs such as crash during playing (memory dump) and aircraft bugs

3. Upgrade the Aircraft if possible (a better air to ground, air to aire, or etc).. to make the game more attractive and FUN!

4. A better airfield.. not only in Russia styles, player may choose either NATO/Russia styles.. and add more OBJECTS to make it like a real airfield not as some durty roads...

that's all....

all the best to ed for the upcoming BS....

Could we have flares have lot more drag when they are released... in lockon they continue having forward velocity same as aircraft for waaaay too long... watching videos of real fighters releasing flares and those flares stay behind the aircraft almost instantly... they slow down very quick.

why do you want that the player can choose between NATO and RUS airfields!? the game is in the Crimea.....there is no nato airfield there....:huh: Lets keep it real....for the airfield....a mod is coming up....with everything you can imagine in it....For the G lock....every person is different. Some people can sustain Gforces better as other....but hey...everybody is talking about new mig-29 model and so on...but what if they are in BS....and in the .LOM format....we can just overwrite the old in FC?

3. Upgrade the Aircraft if possible (a better air to ground, air to aire, or etc).. to make the game more attractive and FUN!

What about realism? Yeah, i can make the SU-17 flyable...yeah, but how realistic is it? We all love lomac because it is one of the few 'realistic' flight games...yeah i would love to fly the MIG-27 or the Su-22....but since i cant model it correctly, and we cant create cockpits....i think it will never happen

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21

AS I don't think that G-curve is very realistic. With that one you could do only 5 seconds @9Gs, which is about a quarter of a circle turn.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

AS I don't think that G-curve is very realistic. With that one you could do only 5 seconds @9Gs, which is about a quarter of a circle turn.

In reality, a sudden, rapid onset of high-gs (by high, I mean GREATER than 9gs), as long as it's not maintained more than 2-4 seconds, produces little or no ill effects on the pilot, regardless of use of Combat Edge, G-suit, AGSM, etc. This is a physiologic effect caused by the oxygen storage capacity of blood. Hemoglobin, the protein in red blood cells that delivers oxygen to the tissues, stores the oxygen and releases it to the tissues even when the blood is effectively not moving because of it's inability to get to the brain. This gives you about 4-5 seconds of protection before you GLOC.

You can see that you can pull greater than 20gs and not grey out or GLOC. If you hold 7 or more gs more than 5 seconds without proper preparation (combat edge, AGSM, etc.) you will go from conscious to unconscious without warning. You are depleting your stored oxygen in this case. This apparent ability to pull lots of gs without adverse effect gives the pilot an "inflated" view of his/her ability to withstand high gs, which is misleading and can be fatal.

Now if you pull g's gradually or variably, you will have a warning (you'll begin to tunnel and grey out), but it's harder work because you're working against the gs for a longer period of time (C & D on the curve), which takes a greater toll on your physical stamina.

that was the explanation to that diagram from

Cranium

FO Training Program

adding more:

PART 1

Understand your personal type of light loss

learn when to utilize the anti-G ‘hook’

understand daily variations in relaxed G-tolerance

respect the 6 sec “buffer period”

appreciate the potential “GLOC trap”

understand the one-sided light loss that may occur in the check-six position

Terminal Objective

G-TIP

Be familiar with Gz acceleration forces, the causes and symptoms of

(G-LOC), and the methods to improve G-tolerance.

G-LOC A DEADLY THREAT

AIRCRAFT NO. G’s

FA-18 8 5.5-8.0

F-14 1 4.0

AV-8B 1 5.5

EA-6B 3 3.0-4.0

S-3 1 3.0

T-2 3 3.5

T-34 35 1.5-9.0

Why pull Gs?

it’s fun

it builds character

so you can kill the other guy

so you don’t get killed

actually only pull Gs to change direction

Anatomical/Physiological effects of G-Forces

Cardiovascular

Respiratory

Sensory

Cerebral

Cardiovascular Effects of +Gz:

BP above the heart

BP below the heart

blood pooling lower extremities

CO and BV

10 sec delay in reflex

Petechial hemorrhages

Cardiovascular system

your BP forces blood up to your brain

high Gs force the blood down away from your head

‘Hook’ maneuver is designed to raise the BP and keep blood flowing up to your brain

the muscle strain keeps blood from pooling in your legs or arms, trapping it in your chest

the “hook” closes your glottis so you can strain against it

the deep breath and strain raises pressure in the chest to squeeze blood up to your head

G-warm up maneuver, or

G-awareness turn

1. press-to-test G-suit

2. pull about _ Gs for at least 10 sec

no strain

3. OPTIONAL: gradually increase Gs without straining until you see some light loss

determines your relaxed G-tolerance

consider it might be a low-G day

The Cardiovascular Reflex, or

“Why do I do the G-warm up maneuver?”

the carotid bodies in your neck sense a change in BP and initiate the cardiovascular reflex to maintain blood flow to your head

with increased Gs you see lower BP in your neck, and

your pulse increases

blood vessels throughout your body tighten up

this raises your BP and increases your relaxed G-tolerance

G-warm-up maneuver ...

gives you about 3/4 G additional relaxed G- tolerance protection

but it takes 10-15 seconds to occur

might notice more light loss on first pull of the day

and lasts only about 10-15 minutes

so might consider doing G-warm-up close to the time that you’ll be needing the extra help

Push-Pull Effect

with sustained negative Gs

push over, or level inverted flight

BP rises in your head and your carotid bodies compensate by:

slowing your pulse, and

dilating your blood vessels

this lowers your BP in about 10-15 sec

but normally + Gs come on just as your BP is falling and you can GLOC at 3Gs!

So avoid +Gs after sustained -Gs

won’t occur unless -Gs last over 3-4 sec.

Petechia

polka-dot bruises in dependent areas where there is no counter-pressure

caused by high, sustained Gs

worse when you haven’t flown for awhile

like a bruise, looks worse the next day, but fades out in 3 - 5 days

are not contagious!

Respiratory Effects

Atelectasis

Hard to inhale

Atelectasis

chest tightness and feel short of breath after breathing 100% oxygen

release one side of oxygen mask

makes you cough

but is not because the oxygen is “dry”

oxygen, unlike air, is absorbed from your lungs so quickly that the air cells actually collapse and stick closed

worse after sustained Gs

the cough is the cure -- this re-inflates the air cells and relieves the unpleasant feeling

Hard to inhale

may feel like you can’t get enough air in

due to physical forces compressing your chest

breathing is usually rather easy -- this isn’t

you just have to work at it

hypoxia may contribute to decrease in performance, or increased likelihood of GLOC or ALOC

be efficient -- another reason not to work any harder than you have to!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]