Modern Air Combat

Blackbeagle

I know this might be the wrong area, but does anyone know when exactly does this come out? What are the requirements to run this? I do want VR for this. If the game looks as good as what I saw on YouTube, you guys might as well take my money now.

My current rig is an old PC from 2010

Core i7

12gb RAM

GTX1050 Nvidia

Windows 7 Home Premium

It's time for a huge upgrade.

I do want VR for this. If the game looks as good as what I saw on YouTube, you guys might as well take my money now.

It does look like in the videos but if you want to run high settings your current rig won't cut it, especially w/VR. You need high-end PC for that. OTOH there are some guys who still run DCS 1.5 just for VR performance on older rigs.

Even on low/medium it looks very good, just don't use "low" for textures - ugly and unreadable cockpits.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

If you upgrade to at least 16 GB and at least a GTX 1060 6GB, you whould be able to run VR pretty decently. If you've got $700 to blow on a card, get a 1080ti or wait for the new 11 series cards coming out any month now. I have a 1060 6gb, 16 gigs and Oculus Rift. The game looks very much like the video. You'd need one of the high end cards to look just as good as the video though.

Edited by falken76

I live in Florida. Autumn and Fall are sunrise and sunset respectively - of one single day sometime in Feburary.

the rest of the year is summer

Here in South Texas we have Summer 1 and Summer 2 all year round. Summer 1: 80 to 95 degrees. Summer 2: 96 to 110 degrees. LOL

[Phanteks Enthoo Elite Case, Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 MOBO, Intel Core i9-9700K OC 5.1, G SKILL Ripjaws DDR4-3466 RAM 64GB, 3 x Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 x 4TB HDD, 2 x Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition 11G, Corsair AX1600i Modular Power Supply, 7 x Cooler MasterFan Pro, 7 x Phanteks Fans, Koolance Cooling System, Custom Lighting, Windows 10 Home, Alienware AW3418DW Curved Monitor, TrackIR 5, Warthog Hotas, MFG Rudder Pedals.]

I think that Modern Air Combat module was mistake, they forgot the German MiG-29G and the Su-25T was a free plane for everyone just download and play the DCS World.

replace the Su-25T with the German MiG-29G, the MAC module still with 14 planes + 2 free planes from DCS World (TF-51D and Su-25T)

that should be right things

• 3 months later...

What about the release date ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

If you upgrade to at least 16 GB and at least a GTX 1060 6GB, you whould be able to run VR pretty decently. If you've got $700 to blow on a card, get a 1080ti or wait for the new 11 series cards coming out any month now. I have a 1060 6gb, 16 gigs and Oculus Rift. The game looks very much like the video. You'd need one of the high end cards to look just as good as the video though.

That's what I have and without Kegetys' VR mod it is unplayable at any settings. With that mod, it's reasonable - but I still have gone back to pancake for 2.5 and VR in 1.5.8 - but of course, MAC won't be available for 1.5.8, so that's no use to the OP.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2