Is there a way to Integrate FSX Maps into DCS

ENERG1A

I don't believe it is possible, I'm afraid. ED is only currently working on even getting it's own two existing maps into a single .exe. Besides I highly doubt DCS maps and FSX maps share the same file format.

Interchanging maps from one sim to another requires those sims to be built to support exactly the same map/file type.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

No way. FSX is direcx 9, and DCS is directx 11. It is another format. In other words a different world. You never can't compare this.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

No way. FSX is direcx 9, and DCS is directx 11. It is another format. In other words a different world. You never can't compare this.

The DX-version of the software running the map doesn't actually have much to do with the maps. DX is about rendering and CPU usage, not filetypes. What I meant was that the map mesh files, textures and all objects/assets that are included in a map must be in the same format to be interchangeable, and I belive this is not the case with DCS and other sims.

But the bottom line is, as you said as well, the maps are not interchangeable.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

I don't believe it is possible, I'm afraid. ED is only currently working on even getting it's own two existing maps into a single .exe. Besides I highly doubt DCS maps and FSX maps share the same file format.

Interchanging maps from one sim to another requires those sims to be built to support exactly the same map/file type.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

The DX-version of the software running the map doesn't actually have much to do with the maps. DX is about rendering and CPU usage, not filetypes. What I meant was that the map mesh files, textures and all objects/assets that are included in a map must be in the same format to be interchangeable, and I belive this is not the case with DCS and other sims.

But the bottom line is, as you said as well, the maps are not interchangeable.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

Ahhh, right. Is there something out there i can use to create a DCS map instead and just replicate it?

Unless you get an official 3rd party status, then no. The tools required to create maps for DCS are distributed only to official 3rd parties. Technically anyone can become one, but that requires demonstration to ED that you could actually create something worthwile.

If you are up for the task and want to create maps, then contact Wags for 3rd party status. You probably need to have a bunch of projects to show to get access, but if you do, go on ahead.

The only thing I know that can be done to the excisting maps is re-texturing the. Such a mod was created by Starway a couple of months back for Caucasus.