CSAR Mission Broken

ryebred

I have been trying to complete the A10 CSAR standalone mission several times now and every time the helicopter that rescues the pilot crashes. I go in and clear out the area and wait for the APC's to come and then I clear those out. Then I tell the helicopter to come in and he does. Then I get a message that the rescued pilot is in the helicopter and taking off and then the helicopter crashes into a tree and explodes. I am thinking pre-DCS 2.5 there were no trees here so this wasn't an issue but with the new map, there are trees all over and the AI can't cope with it. Does anyone else have this issue?

• 2 months later...

Also happened to me, but later in Tacview I saw that the pilot was long dead by enemy soldiers that I never saw because they spawn inside the forest.

I have been doing the A10C sp missions and most of them are broken one way or another.

I suggest the Sturmovik campaign. It works, just the audio is in Russian.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Trees are not the issue. The helo is falling into a trap, set due to lack of proper case authentication. Monitor guard frequency until you hear the pilot say he has arrived at Arco then follow the comms menu with him through the entire process. It's like 10 radio calls and responses. Once that's complete, the helos will survive. I posted my run here

Good luck

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

• 2 weeks later...