Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

Hey all, I’m thinking about buying the T-50 base but need the base plate for their table mount that I already use with the TM Warthog but it doesn’t appear to be on their website or Amazon. Any ideas? Ta
Do you mean a plate in order to use it on a desktop? Sorry Mojo, doesn't exist anymore. One of their older pics out there (it's gone now thanks to me bringing it up, haha), they showed an early T50 base variant that was on a desktop plate. It was apparently just a prototype, and they decided - rightfully so - that the T50 base + stick is just too high to use as a desktop unit. And it is. So, it's either mount it in a custom cockpit, or use their desk clamp drop mounts. For now. There is a new base, called the WarBrd coming out, which will use the T50 stick and a much shorter/lower base, designed to be a desktop unit. You'll have to wait for that if you want to use a T50 stick on your desktop, that or grow to be about 8 feet tall for the current unit, either will work...

Heh, found a link in Google to the old desktop plate for the T50 - again they don't make this, as it turned out to be way too high for desktop use (I tried with mine on my desktop, it IS way too high to be used IMO). Third picture down. Again, the WarBrd will be out very shortly, just wait for that, and run that on desktop, that's what I'm going to do. Pic of WarBrd below as well. The WarBrd base looks about 1/2 the height of the current Mongoose T50 unit, which will = good times for desktop use.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjD1YL_4PnaAhVl8IMKHUbZDrIQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.eagle.ru%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D180448&psig=AOvVaw0zh3_3aTMkMf4rp6EBN2vY&ust=1525994053906307

https://virpil-controls.by/images/stories/virtuemart/product/delta_FS.png

Edited by Gman109

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, I’m thinking about buying the T-50 base but need the base plate for their table mount that I already use with the TM Warthog but it doesn’t appear to be on their website or Amazon. Any ideas? Ta
I pre-ordered a warbrd base and t 50 grip. I initially had the same question months ago but seems that was just a prototype. This is your best option right now if your desk is not suitable for mounting.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

If what you call "table mount" is VPC Desk Mount:

https://virpil-controls.by/images/stories/virtuemart/product/MT-50_Bracket_01.jpg

For attach T50 base in Desk Mount is used the horizontal 'U' piece in back of base, see in this picture:

https://virpil-controls.by/images/stories/virtuemart/product/%5E9D663412F7CB22B922E8E5910E3391DED257334D071571A0C0%5Epimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

T50 base don't need base plate like Warthog, since T50 definitively is not an 'desktop' joystick.

Ok, thanks everyone.

Sokol, you nailed it. Thanks for the pics - makes sense now. This is my set up

95C8B7B5-7955-41AB-BA9D-E78BBE2DB8B5.thumb.jpeg.3fedb41e42e679fb9e60bd212ead94df.jpeg

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I've finally took a couple pics of my base and the solution I ended up with.

In DCS I'm a rotor-head hence stick movements are usually smooth and limited so I haven't noticed the issues until I started flying fixed wings, especially WW2 in both DCS and Il2.

What happens is: when i hard turn in any direction (happens on the vertical axis as well but it's limited), I have strong vibrations and the feeling on the grip is the same you have on the steering wheel when driving on cobblestone. This doesn't happen when pulling or turning lightly.

I noticed that, during hard pulls, the ball bearing moves from its normal position and I suspect it’s subject to some sort of torque effect, perpendicular to the mast it is mounted on; hence I have massive vibrations on the grip.

The washer prevents this movement and the feeling is much, much better to the point that I forgot about this issue at all for weeks. It is not perfect thought because the bearing can still move a few tenths/mm hence on hard turns you can still feel something, although even lesser than the effect on the vertical axis (I have applied no washer there). I wouldn't bother on a heli, but it's an annoying feeling when dogfighting (and the F/A-18 is close!).

My guess is the cams are not perfect: the additional I have received are well polished and black, the one mounted on the base are not. The latter' surface it's probably not perfectly even, probably slightly sloping, this causes the ball bearings to "slip aside" and induces vibrations.

Has anyone else have or had similar issues?

I'm dropping an email to support as well. I already dealt with them when one of my sensors stopped working and they've been amazing.

Issues aside, has anyone tried the cosmos cams with rotary wings? The sound great although not available ATM. I’m looking for feedbacks before buying them.

Finally, -8 days until the Throttle becomes available. Can't wait to try mine!

_k_washer.thumb.JPG.17e95bb3a0e218cece53a34ba8c03e4a.JPG

_k_base.thumb.JPG.e7477624d95967c8f4f699d80d527d22.JPG

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

My guess is the cams are not perfect: the additional I have received are well polished and black, the one mounted on the base are not. The latter' surface it's probably not perfectly even, probably slightly sloping, this causes the ball bearings to "slip aside" and induces vibrations.

Has anyone else have or had similar issues?

I noticed this on the original cams at release, although I didn't check on the replacements I got.

I have a little roughness on my installed cams, but don't even notice it while flying. They sent me replacements that look good, but not keen on trying to replace them at this time since it does not affect my flying.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

One thing I did notice early on and solved very easily was the springs would creak as the moved within their housing during deflection and you could feel it through the stick. The problem was solved easily by smothering them with big gobs of thick grease (I used the molycoat I used to use on my warthog).

► Pre-Order Products Update

We would like to quickly update the status of our current line of pre-order products:

• VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle
  • VPC WarBRD Base
  • VPC Constellation Delta Grip

Production of our new devices is still moving forward as planned, however, we must unfortunately announce a short delay to the estimated release date.

This is due to the percentage of the team’s available manpower than has been put into launching and preparing our new production factory, training new staff, the launch and maintenance of our new webstores and payment gateways as well as maintaining our high standards of continued support for existing and new customers.

The new availability date will be pushed back by two weeks to 4th June 2018.

We deeply apologise for this delay - we will continue to post status updates of the pre-orders to keep everyone in the loop!

Of course, if you have any questions or problems regarding this announcement, please contact support@virpil.com.

Thank you for your continued support!

VIRPIL Controls Team

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cypher>

Thanks for advising.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Since I pre ordered a wardbrd base and t50 grip I was wondering, will they be shipped together hopefully?

Thanks for the status update. I guess we can assume preorder should start shipping June 4th?

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Since I pre ordered a wardbrd base and t50 grip I was wondering, will they be shipped together hopefully?

Thanks for the status update. I guess we can assume preorder should start shipping June 4th?

Yep! Everything will be shipped together. If you would prefer to have readily available items shipped ahead of pre-orders just send a message to support@virpil.com and I can get that organised for you :)

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep! Everything will be shipped together. If you would prefer to have readily available items shipped ahead of pre-orders just send a message to support@virpil.com and I can get that organised for you :)
I will just wait have them shipped together then. Thanks for the quick reply!

Looks like my T50 arrives today, been busy trying to disguise the fact that I feel like a kid let lose in a sweet shop.

Couple of questions:

- based upon your experience, do I calibrate it using the Virgil supplied software or in windows? Does it really make any difference

- I’ve downloaded the English manual for the grip. Is there an English manual for the base? Couldn’t see one on the Virgil site

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Looks like my T50 arrives today, been busy trying to disguise the fact that I feel like a kid let lose in a sweet shop.

Couple of questions:

- based upon your experience, do I calibrate it using the Virgil supplied software or in windows? Does it really make any difference

- I’ve downloaded the English manual for the grip. Is there an English manual for the base? Couldn’t see one on the Virgil site

Do not under any circumstances attempt to calibrate it in Windows. Only use the Virpil calibration.

VPC Mongoose Base Quick Start Guide:

https://virpil.com/en/forum/vpc-hangar/86-vpc-mongoost-50-base-quick-start-guide

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

My thanks for advising. Glad I asked.

If using windows calibration is such a bad thing, probably worth adding that warning to the user guide

My thanks for advising. Glad I asked.

If using windows calibration is such a bad thing, probably worth adding that warning to the user guide

Yeah they probably should.

Main problem I think with trying to use Windows calibration is with the brake lever axis, as it also has a button press early on in it's travel.

So when try to calibrate it's axis, it sees that button press and thinks it is end of travel, screwing up the travel of the axis in Windows.

The Virpil software is very good at calibrating the stick, just be sure and follow each step exactly.

Don B

► VPC Support Staff Availability

Due to the high workload that the VPC team is currently experiencing, we are announcing some potential delays in responses from our support staff.

While our support team will still be available to help with any queries, we’re increasing the estimated response time from 24 to 72 hours.

This is a temporary measure running from 19th May to 9th June - after which we will be back to full availability. We appreciate everyone’s patience during this period!

Thank you for your support!

VIRPIL Controls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The T50 arrived today and is now bolted in place and running.

Didn't seem to need any calibration. Just worked out of the box.

Coming from a CH Fighterstick:

- Plastic quality of the grip seems similar, i.e. feels durable and long lasting, though the moulding is better done. Definitely has a good feel to it from an ergonomics perspective and it instantly felt like my hand fit

- Similar number of buttons overall. Only real difference being the analogue brake lever

- The Fighterstick has a lump sticking out for a rest. The Mongoose is adjustable

So from a button/stick perspective, yes it's better, but not hugely, but then I always thought the Fighterstick was rather underrated

The real significant difference that I've found so far is with the base. It clearly requires more force (the Fighterstick is very light), so I've backed off the tension of the springs using the adjusters that are accessed using a screwdriver. More importantly, with the Fighterstick, it's just obvious that the gimball is on two axis. The T50 feels more like a ball-head on a camera tripod, i.e. force is VERY consistent regardless of the angle you move it. Early days, but as expected, also seems to be easier to be more accurate in my flying. Tried an aerial re-fuel in my harrier, and it seemed much easier.

Also flew my Spitfire, Huey, Su33 and Viggen. With all, consistently better.

Is it worth 3 times the price of the Fighterstick? Debatable. Like most things, once you get past reliable and serviceable, refinement is progressively much more expensive. Is it better, definitely.