3rd unanounced helicopter speculation

QuiGon

Yea.. Sorry about that....

This was WAY OFF TOPIC.........

So far off topic, it is in a Galaxy far far away........:D

Moving on.....Quickly I might add.......

(Ducking for cover):megalol:

Admins....please move this to the correct Galaxy.......:D

hahahahahaha ROFL :megalol:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
So, is there any fresh news ?

NB : sorry but i'm so hyped for this 3rd choppa !

This thread is outdated. Things have changed since the creation of this thread. The Polychop team split up, removing the 2nd chopper (the Bo-105) from the Polychop lineup. That means there is only the Gazelle now, which was the first Polychop chopper. They also announced a while ago, that they're working on a OH-58D Kiowa (which is not an airbus chopper). So I don't know what happened to the plans for an airbus chopper.

The 2017 christmas news are pretty much the latest info on their upcoming projects as far as I'm aware: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197704

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Things have changed since the creation of this thread. The Polychop team split up, removing the 2nd chopper (the Bo-105) from the Polychop lineup. That means there is only the Gazelle now, which was the first Polychop chopper. They also announced a while ago, that they're working on a OH-58D Kiowa (which is not an airbus chopper).

yeah I know about this (which is why I asked for any fresh news :P )

So no news about the Airbus Chopper at all since 2017... Well I'm now returning hibernate in my cave, waiting for some news :thumbup: (hopefully soon even if i know that it is a slow process)

Thanks for your answer !

Edited by morse

So no news about the Airbus Chopper at all since 2017... Well I'm now returning hibernate in my cave, waiting for some news :thumbup: (hopefully soon even if i know that it is a slow process)

Thanks for your answer !

2017? :huh:

The Airbus chopper wasn't mentioned in the 2017 christmas news. The last time I've heard anything specific about the airbus project was in the following post in 2015 which was the reason why this thread here even exists:

Hi guys,

About the license negotiations with Airbus I can not reveal any direkt info to anybody at the moment.

What I can tell you though is, that I am in direct contact with the highest officials for such negotiations with Airbus. Next level would be the CEO himself wink.gif

Well yes our primary is the gazelle at the moment and the main part of our negotiations but I can tell you that we talk about the bo105 and another helo of thier current product line at the moment too.

I can not say anything about the 3rd helo, but if we get a full clearance you all will have something nice to play with wink.gif

Enough said about that I guess

Have an awesome day as we try to have that every day

Sincearly

Sven

There was also this dev post in February this year about the their projects, but it doesn't mention an airbus chopper:

Well the thread titel indicates speculations about our 3rd helicopter. Our 2nd left the company when we did the split, so our 3rd became the 2nd now. We still have a 3rd, 4th and 5th in the pipeline, which does not indicate thier current status. the status for the helicopters can be anything, from resource research, over licensing or 3d job up to programming. So yes we try to have a plan for longer and some projects are more complex then others.

We only know they're currently working on the Kiowa, although it is not clear if it will be available for DCS or not.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

The last news I saw on the BO-105 project was this

https://www.helisimmer.com/articles/what-ever-happened-dcs-bo-105/

back in June.

The Bo-105 is not a Polychop project anymore. It moved to Miltech-5, so here is not the right place to talk about it. You can find the Miltech-5 subforum here: https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=564

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks for your answer !

Well the only news I can give at the moment is, that we sent 2 requests to AIRBUS at some point and still wait for the approval of our requests.

Last time it took 1+ years till the approval was there, but the good news is, that the it looks promissing for both requests but not guaranteed ;)

^^ Yes indeed. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Well the only news I can give at the moment is, that we sent 2 requests to AIRBUS at some point and still wait for the approval of our requests.

Last time it took 1+ years till the approval was there, but the good news is, that the it looks promissing for both requests but not guaranteed ;)

Just wanted to mention, if you need an internal contact, I know someone, who knows someone, who knows an Airbus guy,... just kidding.

I think you know what I mean... just text me, maybe I can speed things up.

Alias in Discord: Mailman

Just wanted to mention, if you need an internal contact, I know someone, who knows someone, who knows an Airbus guy,... just kidding.

I think you know what I mean... just text me, maybe I can speed things up.

Thanks for the offer. I think talking to the manager of defence and space is high enough. Next higher level would be the CEO and deputy CEO