3rd unanounced helicopter speculation - Page 22 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-17-2016, 12:11 AM   #211
The M

The Tiger is pretty unlikely. The glascockpit is top secret, you're not allowed to film it or take pictures so i'm sure the information you need for a public module would be illegal
The M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 04:56 AM   #212
sirscorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The M View Post
The Tiger is pretty unlikely. The glascockpit is top secret, you're not allowed to film it or take pictures so i'm sure the information you need for a public module would be illegal
1.Its been confirmed by another dev "Red wing simulations" that some one is working on the tiger.
2. Pollychop stated they are working with Airbus for a new chopper.
3. Pollychop stated that stuff being classified does not mean that best estimations can not be made.
4. A quick google search showed tons of tiger cockpits and videos.
5. Plenty of parts of the A10c for example are classified, does not mean best estimations are not used.

So the hints are there, but no grantee for sure as of yet. DCS will always be at best a desk top simulator, its a Huge step behind the real classified sim stuff that you get on Level D Full flight simulators which you need actual OEM software and Even with that you get 95% accuracy.
sirscorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 05:32 AM   #213
Rangi

I dare not hope for a tiger, but it is one of my greatest wishes for DCS.
Rangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:35 PM   #214
Rabu

Westland Lynx, throw the Navy version in too. If not then what about an Apache.
Rabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 10:51 PM   #215
Frusheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabu View Post
Westland Lynx, throw the Navy version in too. If not then what about an Apache.
It has been said it will be an Airbus helicopter.

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...51#post2733051
Frusheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 01:59 AM   #216
microvax

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirscorpion View Post
Ah yes the tiger topic "u can pm me why its sensitive as i have no background on it"

The German tiger is interesting as well, i do hope for the french one first. I have yet to see any German ones with the RMK30. That gun is brutal as its a 30mmX250mm round has more KE than the GAU8 round
There are no german tigers with the gun, it was considered to limiting in terms of sensors you could put in the nose due to vibrations. So the german version does have a gimbaled high FOV FLIR in the nose, additional to the osiris mast sight.
The mast sight has enough resolution/magnification btw to read a cars license plate at 15km, also you get fire and foreget salvo fireable pars3 lr not theese pesky semiactive missiles. And since they are lock on after launch you literally pop up for some seconds and have 4 imaging infrared seeking ATGMs on their way.

Honestly I would want that capability over the cannon.
Be like 4 times rifle PARS3 LR and make moltar jealous. )))

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?
microvax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 05:06 AM   #217
borchi_2b
3rd Party Developer

The french HAD and the australian version, both use hellfires that can be fired in LOBL or LOAL

Last edited by borchi_2b; 08-20-2016 at 05:18 AM.
borchi_2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 05:11 AM   #218
Darkbrotherhood7

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...38&postcount=1

It's old, but would be nice to have a Tiger.
Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call
Darkbrotherhood7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:22 AM   #219
sirscorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by microvax View Post
There are no german tigers with the gun, it was considered to limiting in terms of sensors you could put in the nose due to vibrations. So the german version does have a gimbaled high FOV FLIR in the nose, additional to the osiris mast sight.
The mast sight has enough resolution/magnification btw to read a cars license plate at 15km, also you get fire and foreget salvo fireable pars3 lr not theese pesky semiactive missiles. And since they are lock on after launch you literally pop up for some seconds and have 4 imaging infrared seeking ATGMs on their way.

Honestly I would want that capability over the cannon.
Be like 4 times rifle PARS3 LR and make moltar jealous. )))
Yeah it does not have one, and i Know about the whole recoil issue, thats why the made the RMK 30 which is a recoilless classless auto canon. I am not sure if it was ever fitted or tested though.

I wont mind the french or Aus version, its quite capable and got more toys on-board.
sirscorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:16 AM   #220
microvax

Quote:
Originally Posted by borchi_2b View Post
The french HAD and the australian version, both use hellfires that can be fired in LOBL or LOAL
Yep, but its still semi active laser homing. So no fire and forget, that was the thing I was mainly looking at, fire at those pesky tunguskas and simply mask again and do not care about them shooting the building/forrest/hill in front of you.

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?
microvax is offline   Reply With Quote