3rd unanounced helicopter speculation - Page 18 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-23-2015, 02:13 PM   #171
wolf5
Tester NS 430

As i want the most accurate system, i guess it's more easy to have information from a 70's system than something from 2000.
You don't have database for RWR's Gazelle so the Tiger...
Some years ago, i worked on Gazelle and Puma, that's why i'm waiting for it.

Just my point of view, don't worry.

2rima-gaming.fr
People fly planes, pilots fly helicopters
wolf5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 03:12 PM   #172
borchi_2b
3rd Party Developer

But we do have a RWR in our Gazelle and we already stated what we had to change to give you guys an RWR in the gazelle cause it is classified.
So there are ways to handel certain things and not violate any laws or restrictions.

Sure fact is, you will not get the permission to model a F22 raptor with all systems to 100%, but maybe to 80%.
borchi_2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 03:19 PM   #173
wolf5
Tester NS 430

Yes, of course, that's why i prefer old aircraft, we can be near 100%
So, which Tiger version ? HAP? HAD? UHT? ARH?

2rima-gaming.fr
People fly planes, pilots fly helicopters
wolf5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:17 PM   #174
X93355

Quote:
Originally Posted by J7G View Post
I've only spoken to one pilot about them but the words "that piece of shit" were used.
Heard the same - hoping to crawl over one in Jan.
InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908
X93355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:19 PM   #175
tovivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by borchi_2b View Post
Why do people always think that projects are not entirely possible cause there is some part or some avionic classified do to some code or frequenze ?
I figured that much more is possible then we assume it could be.
Because that's the most frequent excuse we get.

And because of that we try to console ourselves/fool ourselves that this excuse really holds so it makes us feel better. And becaues we don't want to be Don Kihots.

Honestly I call BS on many of these excuses, for example when it comes to the Su-30 - the plane has been sold around the globe for the last 20 years and I'm positive Russia's enemies have gotten their hands on it, so there's nothing really secret about it anymore; it should therefore be no problem to model it accurately enough for FC3. But we still keep hearing classified.

And, in the end when it comes to this, what do we stand to win fighting against wind-mills or hitting with our heads against a brick wall?

That's why we just, resignedly, accept this "it's classified".
tovivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:32 PM   #176
rrohde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tovivan View Post
Because that's the most frequent excuse we get.

And because of that we try to console ourselves/fool ourselves that this excuse really holds so it makes us feel better. And becaues we don't want to be Don Kihots.

Honestly I call BS on many of these excuses, for example when it comes to the Su-30 - the plane has been sold around the globe for the last 20 years and I'm positive Russia's enemies have gotten their hands on it, so there's nothing really secret about it anymore; it should therefore be no problem to model it accurately enough for FC3. But we still keep hearing classified.

And, in the end when it comes to this, what do we stand to win fighting against wind-mills or hitting with our heads against a brick wall?

That's why we just, resignedly, accept this "it's classified".
Thanks for speaking up on this "issue" as well. I agree 100% with you.
For me, anything that cannot be simulated because it's classified or not readily available can still be "emulated" based on the underlying principles. There is no magic or alien technology involved. Everything can be derived from other sources and implemented by the means of emulation if need be.
AFM/PFM/EFM flight modeling can be based on geometry, shape, weight, and thrust, etc, and I am sure there isn't a lack of info out there in general.

I would love to see ED upgrading existing variants of outdated aircraft to match what's happening in the real world. Right now, DCS is "frozen in time" when it comes to upgraded military hardware, and that's a real shame.

Nothing is stopping ED to (for example) merge the Su-25A and Su-25T into the Su-25SM and/or merge the Su-27 and Su-33 into the Su-35. These changes are all very modular - like it was in real life. ...one can dream.

But this is a different topic than Polychop Helos... so I stop my rant.

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.1GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB VRAM | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | Corsair LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Oculus Rift CV1 | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.II /w MCG PRO

Chizh on the question as to why DCS development seems slower and slower: "Slower than 20 years ago? - Yes. The slowdown is primarily due to increased requirements for quality. Very few modelers are able to provide it."

rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 02:27 AM   #177
TomOnSteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
What about Tiger UHT?

Please no, the UHT has no gun turret on the chin! That takes away a lot of fun for me, and is an iconic weapon for any attack helicopter

I think the HAD version is probably the most diverse in it's capabilities. But also the ARH seems interesting with the laser guided rockets. (might be able to hit something with rockets for a change haha)

Maybe if we ask nicely we'll get all 3 varients UHT/HAD/ARH

Last edited by TomOnSteam; 12-24-2015 at 02:33 AM.
TomOnSteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 01:15 PM   #178
myHelljumper

Don't forget the HAP, I want to hunt some KA-50s
myHelljumper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:44 PM   #179
Raptor9

I have my fingers crossed for the Tiger. ARH would be my humble preference, but I would pre-order any version of the Tiger if it was announced.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:55 PM   #180
COMThing

Quote:
Originally Posted by myHelljumper View Post
Don't forget the HAP, I want to hunt some KA-50s

Can go hunting in any of them though. Much better to get a gunship that has a chance against armoured vehicles.