IronJockel

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news ! :-)

Low ping and wwii units !!:-)

I ll give soon a try thanks acg!

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

mission is prepared for the release of the K4.

so 15new slots on the german side labeled Me-109K4_01 - Me-109K4_15, based in Mozdok.

should be fully functional, including the point system&AFN2 homing system.

only downside, its still fw190s...so now we are waiting for ED to finish their job, and then it should be only a matter of a few minutes to adjust the mission.

Excellent server!!! ;) and friends:thumbup:

Indeed! :thumbup: ;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

in all our current&upcoming missions we have implemented AFN2 homing function and Lorenz Landing System for the Luftwaffe.

once you have selected the channel correctly the needles on the afn gauge should normally not be alligned that perfectly anymore, except you are directly heading at the marker...

the vertical needle shows you the direction in which you have to fly to reach the airfield.(fly into the needle until it is in center)

the horizontal needle shows you the distance.the higher up it is, to closer you are to the airfield/marker. note at the top of it you can read "nahe" which means "close".

there are 2channels to choose.

channel three for the "outer marker" placed 5km in front of the runway.(once you fly over it, you will see the vertical needle jump)

once you have passed it, switch to channel 4, this should lead you directly to the runway....more or less smile.gif

KEEP IN MIND: thats how it is working currently in dcs, and does not replicate how the system was really working.here is hoping for an improvement in future.but with the tools we have, we tried to recreate it as close as possible to reality i.e. the distances of the beacons to the runway.

It's very nice to have the Lorentz system implemented in the server.

Since there are no missions available for training with the AFN2 gauge, do you think that you could create a tutorial of some sort David?? Not only about the needle function, but also how to tune to the frequencies, etc (talking about the whole procedure)

IIRC, from the IL2 days, the localiser needle in the AFN2 (vertical one) works the opposite way from the allied ILS system (i.e. if the needle is deviated to the left, you have to fly to the right), is this correct?

It would be great if someone created a training mission for this as well.

Good work on the server guys

cheers

EDIT : after re-reading your post i 'm a bit confused about the needles. Are you saying that the vertical needle works like a radio-compass, pointing you to the heading for the selected marker, or does it work like the ILS localiser, telling you if you are on the left-or-right of the extended runway path?

Edited by airdoc

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time.

well, i am no expert on this, and its been a while since i flew IL2 1946, so there is a good chance that im wrong, but i think in real life it worked the way, that the vertical needle showed your position towards the beacon as long as you flew towards it...so if it pointed right, you had to turn left to get it alligned and head directly towards the beacon. once you passed the beacon and flew away from it, it was the opposite, and you had to fly into the needle to stay alligned with the line flying directly away from it...if that makes any sense :) also once you passed the beacon, a red warning light appeared in the center of the afn gauge, indicating that you just passed the beacon....

but right now, the lorenz system is not implemented in dcs, and also the afn gauge doesnt work the way it should.and it takes some effort to get the needles to do anything at all in a mission...so right now, you just always want to fly into the needle.thats pretty much it.

the outer-beacon is placed 5km ahead of the airfield. once you pass that(watch the needle jump) you switch on channel 4(marked with a square), to receive the lorenz beacon(inner-beacon), which is placed directly behind the runway.

so to really end up heading towards the runway, and not somewhere next to it, you should try to approach the outer-beacon already with the runway heading or close to it.

Edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed

thanks for the info :)

I 'll try and check it out.

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time.

Great news ! :-)

Low ping and wwii units !!:-)

I ll give soon a try thanks acg!

DCS crash every time i try to connect Acg server Wwii.

may I uncheck with JSME all my sounds and graphic mods before connect ?

:(

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

terrain mods should be ok, and also the WWII unit mod is no problem...look at this post:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2235974&postcount=11

..if you run any mods which adjust any files within those directories, then our integrity check will kick you.

EDIT:

if you are not familiar with your mods and which files they adjust, then one thing you could try is to disable all mods, and try to join...if that is working, then add one mod after the other trying to join each time you have added one.this way you will see which mod prevents you from joining.

Edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed

ok quick update: we are now running the official 1.2.12 patch.

109s are included spawning from mozdok.you are a pilot of famous JG53 :), yellow 1 to yellow 15.

for people who already know the mission, i made some slight adjustments to it...german pilots will now get additional information in regards of the bombers current position.

also, AI 109s are added to the mission.

point system adjusted:

the points are transmitted on a certain radio frequency.

channel 2 for luftwaffe, channel A for allied side.

allied bomber=worth 1point

allied/luftwaffe AI fighters=worth 2points

allied/luftwaffe player fighters=worth 3points

ground units=worth 1point

get 100points to win the mission.

what are the messages?

"..... Good Luck"= the mission maker wishes you good luck on your sortie :)

(this also means, that you just left the "safe zone")

the "safe zone" is a zone around the airfields, where as long as you are within it, you might crashland/belly land, and as long as your pilot survives and the plane is not totally destroyed, no points will be given to the opposing team.

"glad to have you back"=you either made it back to the airfield successfully or at least managed to land/belly/crashland in the safe zone with your pilot surviving.if you come to a full stop, this message will appear, meaning, that your plane is now safed, and you can now respawn in another new plane without giving the other side points.(of course you can re-arm/re-fuel if you wish so)

Do you guys run that awful flak script that follows you around like a laser? I'm really interested in a populated WW2 server without it.

-----------

Meh, you guys have random failures turned on. Of course, a circuit breaker goes immediately after takeoff. Not worth my time, thanks.

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I am quite new but can take off and land (mostly :music_whistling:) in a 109 .... what else do I need to be able to do to join?

I have been looking for ages to take on a human P51 pilot in my K-4.

Other than clicking "join" there are no requirements though I do recommend joining our TS3 server too on 85.236.100.27:16317

Do you guys run that awful flak script that follows you around like a laser? I'm really interested in a populated WW2 server without it.

-----------

Meh, you guys have random failures turned on. Of course, a circuit breaker goes immediately after takeoff. Not worth my time, thanks.

Never noticed random failures myself.... Will check.

We use the flak script but only in areas we want to have flak in... Until we get suitable ww2 units to do it properly.

Edited by Random

I had no random failures at all - which CB are you speaking of?

In the 109? This might be a bug cause others had this as well and I know that there are no random failures activated on the server.

-----------

what are you talking mate?random failures are definitely not in there.you're welcome

edit:and yes we do run that "awful" flak script in certain areas.the script is accompanied by physical flak batteries which are destryoable of course.that way you can also get rid off the "awful flak script". :)