RWR audio?

Sandman1330

Should the RWR have audio tones? It seems to work properly, visually indicating the threat, but there is no audio indication that there is a threat. Volume is turned up on the right hand side of the MPCD.

Anyone else?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, no mods. Will try that, thx

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I have no mods at all and the sound doesn't work, sometimes I will get a very very short portion of audio then it stops, I'm talking about less than 1 second of an audio "beep" and it will cut out and nothing more. I've tried all kinds of settings on the RWR knob and volume settings and nothing seems to work/change it.

I have no mods at all and the sound doesn't work, sometimes I will get a very very short portion of audio then it stops, I'm talking about less than 1 second of an audio "beep" and it will cut out and nothing more. I've tried all kinds of settings on the RWR knob and volume settings and nothing seems to work/change it.

+1

Deleting sounds folder and repairing did not work. Still no RWR sounds... I have no mods.

Will check

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• 3 months later...

I’m also having this bug...is there some sort of fix that absolutely works? It’s quite annoying to not actually hear the RWR sounds playing, and really hurts my situational awareness when I’m more focused on weapons deployment and navigation. This also makes it VERY difficult to perform SEAD since you never know who is locking or launching on you unless your paying close attention to your RWR screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rig Specs: i7 8700k @ 5ghz, ROG Strix z390e, 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, EVGA FTW3 1080 ti, Corsair rm750, Cooler Master ml240l RGB, Cooler Master h500p mesh

Same issue here but a little bit different

Sometimes I hear the RWR sound just for a part of seconde, no matter if I use the RAE or not, it just changes the sounds, had this issue even before installing RAE

Actually, I do get this behavior sometimes. Other times it just flat out doesn’t work. Surely something somewhere is bugged, would be nice if someone could mod around it for now

Rig Specs: i7 8700k @ 5ghz, ROG Strix z390e, 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, EVGA FTW3 1080 ti, Corsair rm750, Cooler Master ml240l RGB, Cooler Master h500p mesh

• 3 weeks later...

I also have this problem, no sound for lock / missile tracking just 'chirp' for new radiation sources. Makes SEAD missions very interesting:)

Zeus, is there anything we can help with? Provide logs or something?

RWR audio?

This is a pretty high priority thing for me...it’s really hurting my situational awareness to not have the tones sound off correctly.

Hopefully we hear something about this problem soon

I

Can this please be investigated and solved? I can hardly use this aircraft at all in any sort of combat situation, because I keep getting shot down without any warning.

And even with audio it would only show radar guided stuff and not IR guided rockets. I can always see if something locked on to me because it gets marked with a arrow on the hud rwr and can hide behind a mountain. If its a single fighter i can easily take it out if it is a head on approach. Many fighter pilots underestimate the capabillity of the AV8B.

PC: i7 6700K - GTX980ti - ASUS Z170P D3 - 32GB DDR3 - Samsung 850Evo - 5TB HDD

Displays: BenQ RL2455HM - Acer Pred. XB241H - BenQ RL2455HM

Controller: Modded TM WH grip on VKB Glad.2PRO, TM WH Trottle, TM MFD`s,

Saitek Rudder, 3xArduino Mega+Leonardo for AV8B panels, TIR5,

RWR audio?

i tested this morning and all are functionnal with sa11 sa8 et and sa3

Any mods? Stock DCS? Did you have to do anything in order for the tones to work? Or does it have something to do with the new update?

i tested this morning and all are functionnal with sa11 sa8 et and sa3

From the beginning this has affected some people and not others. I am one of the affected. I hear a quick chirp sometimes but even that doesn’t help as it doesn’t always do even that. It’s a fairly major issue in a combat simulator but it looks like the fixes have started up again (as of this morning) so hopefully they look at this again

From the beginning this has affected some people and not others. I am one of the affected. I hear a quick chirp sometimes but even that doesn’t help as it doesn’t always do even that. It’s a fairly major issue in a combat simulator but it looks like the fixes have started up again (as of this morning) so hopefully they look at this again

Same, I have never heard anything outside of a very brief chirp...then silence. I thought this was a bug for everyone, didn't realize it only impacted some of us :doh:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440