Excited for Sabre but.. finish your other work - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 09:18 PM   #31
cichlidfan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post
in this software era, there's no such thing as Finished.
Agreed, bugs will always preclude that, but there is a point where intended features, documentation, etc. are all present at the very least, and we aren't there yet with either helo.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
Old 07-21-2014, 09:31 PM   #32
dok_rp

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer1961 View Post
Of course there weren't signed contracts, but you know what else there weren't, a requirement for people to purchase their modules. People will vote with their money. AND if very few people purchase the Sabre OR wait till it goes on sale for 75% off (on steam, which is will in very short order) Belsimtek and their fans will sit back and wonder "Why didn't anyone purchase such an excellent beta product", they won't wonder "Was it because we haven't finished our last two products yet, nah, that couldn't be it, people are just greedy and want everything for nothing, YES that is what it is". SO many companies have gone under because of poor customer service and for breaking the implied contract they have with their customers.

I have two words for you "Microsoft Flight"

I agree with you on everything you said, but I reiterate that NONE, NOT A SINGLE ONE of the modules released to this very day in DCS history have been FINISHED.

We can go back to the days of yore and include LOMAC in the pool of unfinished simulators from Eagle Dynamics. Not a single one of them were ever finished.

The Su-25T has bugs which have been dragged for over 5 years.

The A10A, which is now even sold separately at the price of US$9.99, has horrible bugs which are almost a decade old, not to mention brand new bugs which were included in the latest patches.

The very same goes to the F-15C.

Black Shark 1 had game breaking bugs which have even been improved and made worse after the release of Black Shark 2. Black Shark 2 is far from being a completed product under the view of many users in the BS subforum.

The P-51D has a lot of bugs, none of which have been addressed in the previous patches.

The A10C has a cornucopia of problems and they are still flying it.

The interesting thing is that all these products were produced directly by Eagle Dynamics and none of them have been "totally fixed" nor these products have been "totally completed" and they don't show any sign of ever being.

I have to say that many of the problems these other simulators have are far, far worse that EGT and overheating simulation.

If we follow the premise that never purchasing another product from a company that has never disrespected us, but on the contrary, has provided with software that no-one else does, is a valid way to rub on their faces: "finish you current products to perfection or I'll never buy another one", then Eagle Dynamics should be long gone.

And I can tell you most assuredly that the very reason for that is the fact that people look beyond the scope of "finish my 49 dollar game or I'll never buy another product from you".

That I can guarantee you, otherwise ED would be today a reference for anything but Eagle Dynamics in the simulation world.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:33 PM   #33
NineLine
Community Manager

Just a reminder guys.... I asked you to be respectful to each other, on those same lines we need to be respectful to the developers as well.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 07-21-2014, 09:34 PM   #34
eurofor

I'd just like to advise BST not to make this the norm. It's not the long "beta" in itself, it's the long period of time during which not much appears to be happening. However I've still got patience even though I spend 90% of my simulator time in the Mi-8. It's great in its current state but of course it would be nice to see those promised features, the ceiling lights for night start-ups, the manual to see if I've learned and am using everything correctly.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:41 PM   #35
dok_rp

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Just a reminder guys.... I asked you to be respectful to each other, on those same lines we need to be respectful to the developers as well.
Was that to me SiThSpAwN? Was I disrespectful in my posts?
Old 07-21-2014, 09:42 PM   #36
NineLine
Community Manager

Ok sorry guys but this thread is loosing focus fast.

As always I ask that if you have bugs that you feel need to be dealt with, report these to the appropriate forums, along with tracks/and or detailed steps to reproduce.

Any questions on me locking this, or reporting bugs, feel free to drop me a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok_rp View Post
Was that to me SiThSpAwN? Was I disrespectful in my posts?
No, not at you....
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Closed Thread