WIP KC-135 MPRS

=DECOY=

• 2 weeks later...

After today's OB patch the KC-135 MPRS has both drogues streaming before you declare "ready pre-contact". This is more realistic from what I read around the forum.

After clearing contact I couldn't make contact with the right drogue (probe went straight through it), so I guess you will still need to be a multiplayer 2-ship to use the right drogue.

It would be nice to use the right side occasionally when flying solo but I guess the tanker logic is controlled by ED rather than RAZBAM.

After today's OB patch the KC-135 MPRS has both drogues streaming before you declare "ready pre-contact". This is more realistic from what I read around the forum.

After clearing contact I couldn't make contact with the right drogue (probe went straight through it), so I guess you will still need to be a multiplayer 2-ship to use the right drogue.

It would be nice to use the right side occasionally when flying solo but I guess the tanker logic is controlled by ED rather than RAZBAM.

Good to know, so now it'll be more of a pain to refuel in turn formation while trying to press the radio menus in VR without moving too much out of the pre-contact area to extend the drogue ending up redoing the radio menu options a few times :) Or like the other night in MP i was trying to pre-contact on right drogue and it never came out, never realised the guy on left drogue had aborted refueling as he was still flying there, so all that time i was looking in front on right drogue, the AI was thinking i was on left drogue :S

Yeah, from some books I read it seems that the pilots would approach the basket at 3-5 ft and then declare "ready pre contact"

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Yes, that's ED logic about air refueling.

If you're alone, left basket.

If you request refueling, then order your AI wingman to refuel, you are assigned to the right refueling pod, your wingman takes the left one.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Good to know, so now it'll be more of a pain to refuel in turn formation while trying to press the radio menus in VR without moving too much out of the pre-contact area to extend the drogue ending up redoing the radio menu options a few times :) Or like the other night in MP i was trying to pre-contact on right drogue and it never came out, never realised the guy on left drogue had aborted refueling as he was still flying there, so all that time i was looking in front on right drogue, the AI was thinking i was on left drogue :S

I highly recommend a voice command software to handle to handle to communications menu when using VR. I personally use DW VAC ( http://www.dwvac.com/ ) with an old profile from DCS_Fish. However, a lot of my squad mates are using Voice Attack ( https://voiceattack.com/ ).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

I highly recommend a voice command software to handle to handle to communications menu when using VR. I personally use DW VAC ( http://www.dwvac.com/ ) with an old profile from DCS_Fish. However, a lot of my squad mates are using Voice Attack ( https://voiceattack.com/ ).

I bought Voice Attack a while ago, used it a lot with the Huey a lot, with all radio frequency changing by voice, when i bought my VR i used it at the beginning, now i don't use it anymore got used to all keys, only time i'm having issues is with the tanker when he doesn,t wanna pre-contact and i got to go through the menu 10 times, but in a turn only, straight there is no issues, again this occurs mainly 1 time out of 20, really not that often. I got a little tired to sometimes repeat 5 times in a row some commands :) But yeah it was useful for some stuff, specialy when i was doing fast rope drops n the huey and calling the insertion out vocaly :)

Edited by Doum76

Good morning Razbam Team,

This is just a quick visual fix for the KC-135 MPRS. I noticed that the wingtip vortices were a bit off in the current version so I corrected them (correction in \CoreMods\aircraft\AV8BNA\KC135MPRS.lua) :

wing_tip_pos = 	{-11.0, 0.5,	19.8},

Attached are some screenshots from before and after the correction.

Cheers:pilotfly:

Edit : I also did it for the KC-130 (correction in \CoreMods\aircraft\AV8BNA\KC130.lua) :

wing_tip_pos = {-2.627,  2.5, 19.8},

Screen_190217_131557.thumb.png.6b07e9d8490628144763c6f2f38ab1b9.png

Screen_190217_131559.thumb.png.08f8522a7e5c4288894d3789678bd98f.png

Screen_190217_132154.thumb.png.19eba61a5db38e4c60b6b3ccb63da492.png

Screen_190217_132207.thumb.png.4f89d66fe5bd19cc29ef2a7c64169a7a.png

Edited by BlaizzMC
added path to file

• 3 weeks later...

Question concerning this. In our situation on MP Mission the host see's the two drogues out after the rejoin request as stated here. However, the clients seem to still show the older setup where the pre-contact command extends the drogue. Is that what everyone else see's?

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

Question concerning this. In our situation on MP Mission the host see's the two drogues out after the rejoin request as stated here. However, the clients seem to still show the older setup where the pre-contact command extends the drogue. Is that what everyone else see's?

I have seen this in MP as well.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

What I noticed and made me happy, is the much lower "miss" tolerance. You have to be really accurate to get the fuel. At the other aircrafts, the hose just "teleports" to position, but not here :)

Edited by AJaromir

About the new "drogue out" behavior : I've only seen it in SP, never in MP.

Strange...

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

I think I found out what happens here (about the new "drogue out* behavior).

Facts :

- our MP server is running on an account that has not bought the AV8B (obviously).

- when I connect to our server (Open Beta) I never see the new behavior

- when I play solo, I always see the new behavior

- when I host a server (Open Beta) I always see the new behavior

- on my server, clients who own the AV8B see the new behavior (like me)

- on my server, clients who do not own the AV8B do not see the new behavior (and it's not synched with what I see)

Maybe the client and the server need to have the Harrier module installed in order to serve and see the new KC135MPRS ; other see the "old" KC135MPRS that ED ships by default.

Does this mean that the new behavior was not pushed to the vanilla KC135MPRS but only to the one shipped with the Harrier module ?

DECOY ?

Maybe you’re right, but this is odd.

KC-130 was initially marketed as part of AV-8B package, but eventually released for everyone.

KC-135 MPRS has never been linked to the Harrier, but devil is in the details, maybe a bug somewhere.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

I doubt very much that this has anything to do with either the KC-130 or the KC-135MPRS as I see this with the IL-78M also. But I only see it in single player. When I host a mission on my server and join it with my gamer, the drogues remain retracted until I have called for pre-contact. I have the Harrier on my gamer but not on my server. This applies to the Hornet and the Tomcat as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nah, I tested on our server which had been restarted with me logged in, and I could not see the new behavior.

So, strike that, it was a wrong theory.

Still, I'd like to know what I need to do in order for our server to show the new behavior...

Regarding this "New Behavior", I assume that you are referring to both baskets, or all three in the case of the IL-78, are deployed. Nothing has changed in terms of which one will give you fuel. If you are alone, the only one that works is the left drogue. You still have to tell them that you are "Ready Pre-contact" before you can actually get hooked up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes you're right, and yes I was only talking about the fact that the baskets are "predeployed" even before you state that you're ready for precontact

• 6 months later...
so which types of planes can the kc135MPRS refuel in the current DCS build?

Planes with refueling probe, same as KC-130H or S-3B:

- M-2000C

- AV-8B Harrier

- F/A-18C Hornet

- F-14B Tomcat

Mirage fanatic !