In Spaaaaaaaace.....

Don't get Chris started on KSP. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Haha I'm an avid Kerbanaut don't you worry about that ;)

One of our developers also makes awesome mods for KSP and I can't wait to check his stuff out.

Yeah Engineers is massively improved from what you saw.

Every Thursday they patch it and we get new goodies :)

Check out Last Stand Gamers YouTube channel and you'll see the weekly updates being showcased.

When we get back from Legends ill host up a server that you guys can join in one evening.

Chris

Nice! Is it worth picking up? It looks like fun for sure but I'm more concerned about performance. I can imagine that some bigger ships might hit the FPS pretty hard especially with collisions and stuff...

No mate, seems to be fine for me. A tad laggy with massive amounts of people building space stations or bases but generally very good on performance.

Well done on the Sabre win as well, awesome screenie!!

I'll probably look into it then, too bad I missed the Steam sale...

And thanks, my screenshot obsession finaly paid off :D

I had known about SE from it's first release, but waited to take advantage of the steam sale :)

Still not tried it yet tho.

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

It's good fun if you have a great imagination and whilst creative mode is good, survival is excellent.

Especially with capturing the NPC's to grind them down for parts :)

Now this is the one that I like!!

Pman

It's good fun if you have a great imagination and whilst creative mode is good, survival is excellent.

Especially with capturing the NPC's to grind them down for parts :)

The ones I tied to commandeer were always booby trapped, or had no brakes other than my space station :music_whistling:

• 7 months later...

Bump....

Just getting back into this!

In-game coding is now implemented which could be useful for those that know how (just don't let it interfere with the DCS modules VEAO!)

Docking is implemented rounded armour, pistons, remote control, cameras. All sorts of goodies!

And the big one.... MODS. Currently I have an "unlimited speed" mod (not truly unlimited but up above 1000 m/s)

I'm STILL working on a repeating grav cannon... Nearly there now that you can use projectors and ship welders to rapidly repopulate the magazine. Oh and with the unlimited speed mod you can core a spaceship front to back with one round if you hit it square on!

I also have Medieval Engineers as well know and that is great fun :)

I just picked that up yesterday. Haven't given it a go yet, probably later tonight.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Got ME too... on my to-do list.

Repeating grav cannon is operational and DEADLY. Can fire around 5 rounds in a minute before reload. I plan to add recoil to conply with newtonian physics.

Need to test the reload mechanism in survival as the ship welders work more slowly. May need to figure out some sensors and timers to synch stuff up

Edited by Random
  • 3 weeks later...

I hope nobody minds me keeping this thread going!

Randoms Spaceworks presents ThirdLaw. A Self Propelled Gravity Cannon built to experience an equal and opposite reaction every time it fires!

Please remember these are early alpha screenshots and do not necessarily represent the final product

E46A98404DB9A37EE1B2396F49D4764282A73CC6

Top down view showing basic layout. Pink ship docked at the rear is a light ressupply freighter.

17A5B976CDE40F614BDABF5493930F2DD59AF34F

Muzzle with door to prevent pesky Space Engineers getting into places that are hazardous to health.

2048x1152.resizedimage

5 Round magazine. Capable of automatic feed and automatic reload. Currently creative only... but with additional sensers and timer blocks will be fully survival compatible.

Ammunition achieves 280m/s with speed limit mods and will core pretty much anything it hits. Just have to hit the right spot....

2048x1152.resizedimage

In addition to traditional barrell mounted Grav Gens, Thirdlaw features a recoil pack of gravity gens plus mass blocks firmly attached directly to the rear of the breach.

2048x1152.resizedimage

View from the Hanger Control Room. Fighters aren't the most effective in the world but they look kinda cool IMO

2048x1152.resizedimage

Rear view showing large ship docking clamps plus the Small Ship Hanger. Docking clamps have a connector to the side to allow ressuply.

Work In Progress... Everything is subject to change.

Release date Soon

Still?

I found Pistons to be quite stable since a few patches ago?

They jitter like crazy on clients screens... If FPS drops too low and the simulation speed is reduced they pretty much explode. ALL my magazine pistons plus firing mechanism fell apart when I loaded in a BIG ship to act as a targwt.