Belting and convergence

Any plans to allow flexibility in ammo loadout and gun convergence? I believe it is possible as the a10c gives you a few options on ammo types for the gun and both the K50 and SU25T feature guns of gunpods whose elevation/azimuth can be changed on the fly. Would just need to preset that in tge mission builder/rearm-refuel screen and add some form of gui to dial in what you want...

Any plans to allow flexibility in ammo loadout and gun convergence? I believe it is possible as the a10c gives you a few options on ammo types for the gun and both the K50 and SU25T feature guns of gunpods whose elevation/azimuth can be changed on the fly. Would just need to preset that in tge mission builder/rearm-refuel screen and add some form of gui to dial in what you want...

Standard convergence was 250yards and it was set during maintenance followed by test firing. Some pilots (very few) had the mechs change it in the field although it was often a case of trial and error as on the front line they were lacking the correct testing facilities to ensure accurate adjustment.

Ours will be set as a stock aircraft out of the factory with no option to change it at the moment.

Ammo type hasnt been decided yet, although I expect that to be a preset loadout like the Mustang

Pman

Fair enough

I know yo-yo is sticking with fixed convergence for the DCS: europe 1944 aircraft too.

Was this stated somewhere? It's bound to be one of the biggest gripes with future aircraft. Point vs Pattern convergence/harmonization and the ability to change them. I feel it's one of those issues that can be argued till the end of time as far as who, when and where this was done historically. I don't think it would be a terribly bad thing to request the change via the ground crew menu IF it is feasible development-wise.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

Was this stated somewhere? It's bound to be one of the biggest gripes with future aircraft. Point vs Pattern convergence/harmonization and the ability to change them. I feel it's one of those issues that can be argued till the end of time as far as who, when and where this was done historically. I don't think it would be a terribly bad thing to request the change via the ground crew menu IF it is feasible development-wise.

It's something I've thought about and to be honest I just don't see it as an accurate field mod being available.

It's not something we are looking to include as a editable option. We will model ours as close to historical factory settings as possible.

Pman

• 9 months later...

Yeah I'd rather it stick to something historic and not have ponies or t-birds using .50cals at 1200m to pepper you.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.