Flare-chaff button/switch and MULT

diditopgun

Does the flare-chaff switch (Q key) on the throttle is really a one way switch that release flares and chaffs only together ?

If I want use only chaffs or only flares there is no other way than to set one of mode selector to OFF position ?

It's a bit weird...

And I don't understand exactly the MULT mode. As per manual it talks about flares but it's not clear...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

I have it set up as follows:

Y = Chaff OFF

U = Flares SINGLE

H = Flares OFF

J = Chaff SINGLE

Then I take 2 fingers and press Y + U at the same time, gives me 1 flare.

Or I press H + J at the same time, gives me 1 chaff. Good enough for me.

My YouTube channel with tutorials and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9DrfLPXfwn2Iy-iANeux8w :pilotfly:

System:

I7 3770K, Asus GTX970, 16GB DDR3, 2x250GB Samsung SSD, 46Inch LG TV main Screen, 2x 24Inch Samsung secondary screens, Thrustmaster Warthog, CH Flight Rudder Peddals Pro, TrackIR 5

• 2 years later...

From looking at photos of ALE-40 command boxes, the MULT option for chaff should work just like SINGLE except produce multiple manual chaff releases instead of one. Every box had the switches/knob go in the progression OFF-SINGLE-MULT-PROG. The flare selector was almost always a 3-position switch.

In DCS it appears to do the programmed burst quantity and interval but only one salvo instead of the programmed salvo count.

Assuming a program of

BQ 3

SQ 4

BI 0.4

SI 2

You would get the following in various modes:

SINGLE *

MULT *_*_*

PROG *_*_*____*_*_*____*_*_*

Don't forget to program it before you go. It's actually not settable in the cockpit.

I think there is only one "activate counter-measures" button, so yes, you'd need to switch one off.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."