DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Hello! Just wanted to pop in and register an experience. I recently started using SimpleRadio and have been attempting to use a DerekSpeare Flightpanel as my radio control (specifically this one http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/uploads/3/3/3/7/3337442/8680204_orig.jpg)

It interacts simply as a USB game controller, everything else seems to work fine with it, except SimpleRadio. The weird aspect, is that technically the buttons/knobs DO work, but not normally. For example, if I set one of the rotaries to change a frequency up or down, if I slowly turn it one click at a time, SR will not register the key press. BUT if I rapidly spin it a third or half turn (multiple clicks rapidly) it will finally detect the keypress.

So, I'm not sure what's going on there, but now you know. It doesn't appear to cause any other problems.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

My SRS refuses to start, install or deinstall. Each one produces an appcrash.

Tried the usual things, run as admin, AV off but still same.

Here is a list of SystemLog entries produced by SRS-ClientRadio.exe:

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Windows Error Reporting

- EventID 1001

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 4

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2017-04-15T14:38:52.645169200Z

EventRecordID 2114

Channel Application

Computer i7-7700k

Security

- EventData

APPCRASH

Nicht verfügbar

SR-ClientRadio.exe

58e29b57

d3d9.dll

631de416

c0000005

000000000000fd0c

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7E2F.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_SR-ClientRadio.e_ad8fca6264566838a29c8f179ae7d5f3cdebadad_9c0dccb1_3f5b7873

90c103a8-2001-469e-a2ab-ef0d7eaf3afd

----------------------

----------------------

This is an appcrash by the installer/updater ( run as admin and AV off )

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Windows Error Reporting

- EventID 1001

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 4

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2017-04-15T14:40:39.488803800Z

EventRecordID 2136

Channel Application

Computer i7-7700k

Security

- EventData

APPCRASH

Nicht verfügbar

Installer.exe

58f0c712

d3d9.dll

631de416

c0000005

000000000000fd0c

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER1F9B.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_Installer.exe_54f9d4b3e9b6625731f5d877ea645ed7b146b492_b10184cb_160919bf

3da6a90b-6898-458c-a0e6-1aac318616b2

------------------------

------------------------

Happens since I run this doomed Creator's Update :(

I redownloaded 1.3.0 as well, nothing seems to help.

Deinstalled Audio drivers as well and replaced with newest ( 17th. March 2017 ) MS drivers for the Realtek 1220 chip, still nothing works.

Is this on my end only or do others have similar issues since the new Creator's Build is out ?

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

SRS 1.3.0.0 won't save Favorites

Previous update (1.2.9.7-Overlay-hotfix-included) killed my Favorites list and after the update it would not save Favorites any longer. I just updated again to 1.3.0.0 and it's still broken. The installer itself fails unless I run it as admin. And I have to run SRS as admin or it fails also. I hope at least the Favorites part gets fixed soon.

BTW is there a list of servers somewhere? If I had that I could cut and paste as a temporary workaround.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Hello Ciribob!

FC3 airplanes (Su-25, Su-27, MiG-29, Su-33) have radiostations with pre-loaded frequencies. So you just change the channel and ready to comm. Now we have to dial all that 6 numbers. Can you do a radio pre-set window just like it is done in DCS for L-39, Mi-8, P-51, etc?

On it already :) Should be two weeks or so

Update killed my favorites again. :D

Yesterday red team on BF claimed they couldn't use SR, because it was bugged for parts of the team. Why don't bug reports in here reflect that? -.-

Thats odd, the installer specifically backs up that file and then copies it back. tested locally multiple times so not sure why thats happening. I'll make some changes to the installer so it does even more checks!

For Red team... that Radio server has run now for months without a restart so not sure what they're on about...

My SRS refuses to start, install or deinstall. Each one produces an appcrash.

Happens since I run this doomed Creator's Update :(

I redownloaded 1.3.0 as well, nothing seems to help.

Deinstalled Audio drivers as well and replaced with newest ( 17th. March 2017 ) MS drivers for the Realtek 1220 chip, still nothing works.

Is this on my end only or do others have similar issues since the new Creator's Build is out ?

Bit

Has anything else been affected by the Creators build? The only thing I can suggest is reinstalling the .Net http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=780601

Creators build comes with a new .NET but it should be backwards compatible...

You could try starting the radio or installer in compatibility mode with windows 8 by right clicking, and going to properties -> compatibility

Previous update (1.2.9.7-Overlay-hotfix-included) killed my Favorites list and after the update it would not save Favorites any longer. I just updated again to 1.3.0.0 and it's still broken. The installer itself fails unless I run it as admin. And I have to run SRS as admin or it fails also. I hope at least the Favorites part gets fixed soon.

BTW is there a list of servers somewhere? If I had that I could cut and paste as a temporary workaround.

Not sure why your favourites weren't saved, as I said above that should be fixed now but i'll have another look. :)

You'll always have to run the radio as admin, or I cant intercept the hotkeys as DCS will capture them all without admin mode.

For the installer, again you'll have to use admin mode for it to be able to create the files it needs to so can't "fix" that as thats how it has to be, sorry :)

• Like 1

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hello! Just wanted to pop in and register an experience. I recently started using SimpleRadio and have been attempting to use a DerekSpeare Flightpanel as my radio control (specifically this one http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/uploads/3/3/3/7/3337442/8680204_orig.jpg)

It interacts simply as a USB game controller, everything else seems to work fine with it, except SimpleRadio. The weird aspect, is that technically the buttons/knobs DO work, but not normally. For example, if I set one of the rotaries to change a frequency up or down, if I slowly turn it one click at a time, SR will not register the key press. BUT if I rapidly spin it a third or half turn (multiple clicks rapidly) it will finally detect the keypress.

So, I'm not sure what's going on there, but now you know. It doesn't appear to cause any other problems.

The way SRS takes inputs is it reads the state of all buttons every 80ms and compares that state to the previous state to see what buttons are currently different from before (ie let go or now held down).

If you held a button for less than 80ms its possible for the radio to miss it which might be happening here.

What does the output look like for the rotaries and switches on the game controller info panel in windows? Are the buttons momentary or held down?

You can also try turning on "expanded devices" in the SRS settings which might also solve your problem.

Can't diagnose without one of those boxes unfortunately... Sorry!

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

@BitMaster

Try this !

I will give that a shot but I highly doubt that would hinder an installer to start up and execute.

To me this sounds liuke a developers certificate issue or such as I cannot execute ANY .exe of the whole SRS bundle after this Creator's Upgrade.

I will install this Win10-N-x64 fix.... despite I run Win10-PRO-x64

Ciribob, are you using dev certs with your files/installs ?? just curious if that could be it...and if it is why only ME ? waahahaaa

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I will give that a shot but I highly doubt that would hinder an installer to start up and execute.

To me this sounds liuke a developers certificate issue or such as I cannot execute ANY .exe of the whole SRS bundle after this Creator's Upgrade.

I will install this Win10-N-x64 fix.... despite I run Win10-PRO-x64

Ciribob, are you using dev certs with your files/installs ?? just curious if that could be it...and if it is why only ME ? waahahaaa

Nope product certificates. Bought them a while ago. If you right click on the exe and go properties, certificates what does it say? Should say there if it thinks they're invalid

I'll upload a non signed build later and you can try that :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I cannot install this Win10-N fix, it REFUSES to install on Win10-PRO with a pop-up.

"This Update is not suiteable for your Windows"

This is not the root cause of my symptom, its gotta be one common cause for all 3 executables.

Certs come to my mind at this stage

Nope product certificates. Bought them a while ago. If you right click on the exe and go properties, certificates what does it say? Should say there if it thinks they're invalid

I'll upload a non signed build later and you can try that :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I will try your new version as soon as available and report back promplty.

so far the cert looks sober to my OS:

ciribob.thumb.JPG.9d4af87c4151d765a502804e25853668.JPG

I will try your new version as soon as available and report back promplty.

so far the cert looks sober to my OS:

Here is an unsigned one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/says19tqt4srj4h/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone-Unsigned.zip?dl=0

I've updated to Creator update and all seems well with my machine... sorry can't help more

• Like 1

That didnt help but I found the evil :)

Same as with Target Software, it couldnt find d3d9.dll !

Put it in the extracted folder and setup works. Now only need to put it also into the program folder and it should work.

Seems like it killed my Dx9 Symlinks..whatever, its fixed :P

Thank's Ciribob

That didnt help but I found the evil :)

Same as with Target Software, it couldnt find d3d9.dll !

Put it in the extracted folder and setup works. Now only need to put it also into the program folder and it should work.

Seems like it killed my Dx9 Symlinks..whatever, its fixed :P

Thank's Ciribob

Wow how odd... Have you tried reinstalling the Directx 9 redist as well?

I knew WPF .NET used Directx for rendering but that didn't occur to me at all.

Good find! Well done on the fix :thumbup:

I have a problem running SRS on the server.

When I run Server.exe on the gaming rig it works fine. But when I run it on the Server, whilst viewing the task manager SRS starts but shuts down straight away. I have check .Net and all up to date.

I also tried the unsigned version as well

One of the errors I noted

Failed to convert value '' to type System.Int32.

Apart from uninstalling and reinstalling .Net I am at a loss

serverlog.txt

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

I have a problem running SRS on the server.

When I run Server.exe on the gaming rig it works fine. But when I run it on the Server, whilst viewing the task manager SRS starts but shuts down straight away. I have check .Net and all up to date.

I also tried the unsigned version as well

One of the errors I noted

Failed to convert value '' to type System.Int32.

Apart from uninstalling and reinstalling .Net I am at a loss

Where are you running the radio from on the server? I'd just make sure its running as administrator and also somewhere where it can read and write a file. Maybe copy to Desktop or something like that?

This error looks to be why its crashing:

Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerSettings Unable to save Settings: The process cannot access the file 'd:\srs unsigned\server.cfg' because it is being used by another process.

Are you trying to run the radio server twice from the same location? If so, that won't work but just copy the exe and run from there and you can have two servers on one machine as long as you edit the listening port :)

Thanks Ciribob. I'll test tomorrow when the server is quiet. I'll report back

many thanks.

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

sorry if this was replied to previously, i looked, but couldn't find the answer...

a couple of friends and myself installed SRS and tested it out in a mission with our Mirages

it worked perfectly, but when we tested radio encryption, we had to keep pressing the green button of the UHF radio (red radio) for the encryption to work.

in the srs overlay, in the set tab for the uhf radio, we set the encryption, but "enable" remains greyed out...

is there anyway to have the encryption ON all the time when the UHF radio is used ?

thanks !

Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K

sorry if this was replied to previously, i looked, but couldn't find the answer...

a couple of friends and myself installed SRS and tested it out in a mission with our Mirages

it worked perfectly, but when we tested radio encryption, we had to keep pressing the green button of the UHF radio (red radio) for the encryption to work.

in the srs overlay, in the set tab for the uhf radio, we set the encryption, but "enable" remains greyed out...

is there anyway to have the encryption ON all the time when the UHF radio is used ?

thanks !

Good spot!

That button used to toggle... Oh well.

Try the attached DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua instead. Just replace the one in C:\users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\scripts

You'll have to hold the green button down for a bit for it to activate, then just let go and hold down again to de-activate :)

DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua

Thanks Ciribob. I placed the server.exe on the desktop and now working,

why it didn't work within the folder, I do not know

Cheers for putting me in the right direction

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

Good spot!

That button used to toggle... Oh well.

Try the attached DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua instead. Just replace the one in C:\users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\scripts

You'll have to hold the green button down for a bit for it to activate, then just let go and hold down again to de-activate :)

thanks a million !

can this workaround be implemented in a future release of SRS or is it related to ED ?

cheers !

Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K

Hello. I recently (re)installed a soundcard(SB Recon3d PCIe) and for some reason I now have to select the correct output device each time I use sr.exe

In the MIC list there is also multiple options but it has the correct I/O selected by default.

I just had the ext-soundcard uninstalled for some days. I never had this problem before with my SB recon3d.

I do not experience this effect in any other media software. Thank you for your time !

Edit: Actually I did not install the drivers from SoundBlaster.web but only used the windows updater, and I think it might be because I did not install the Creative Soundblaster utility tool.

Edited by Tello
Maybe Solved

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello,

I'm on w10 & I have the taskbar always visible when Radio Overlay is active, described here: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/issues/103

I've tried the fix & suggestions, but no joy, any ideas how to solve this?

/thanx

You need to turn on "Hide Overlay Taskbar Item" and "Auto Refocus DCS" and then toggle the overlay. If you dont toggle the overlay it wont take effect but then it should be fixed.

Helped someone else on discord with the same issue :)

Hello. I recently (re)installed a soundcard(SB Recon3d PCIe) and for some reason I now have to select the correct output device each time I use sr.exe

In the MIC list there is also multiple options but it has the correct I/O selected by default.

I just had the ext-soundcard uninstalled for some days. I never had this problem before with my SB recon3d.

I do not experience this effect in any other media software. Thank you for your time !

Edit: Actually I did not install the drivers from SoundBlaster.web but only used the windows updater, and I think it might be because I did not install the Creative Soundblaster utility tool.

So its fixed? I need to take a look at how the sound preferences are saved anyways as a few people are having issues with it. :)

Quick Update

Work on fixed channels is going well.

The current channel is shown by a C followed by a number on the overlays, i.e C1,C2 etc

For FC3 aircraft (or expansion radios), fixed channels are automatically loaded from a text file in the same directory as the Radio Client exe called the same name as the radio.

I.e For FC3 F15 which has a radio named AN/ARC-164 UHF 1, you just create a text file called ANARC-164 UHF1.txt and put frequencies in, with one on each line.

The text file name doesnt have to match case wise and all spaces and non alpha numeric are ignored. You can also edit the file in flight and just hit reload on the channel tab to load new frequencies.

Files are per Radio not per aircraft

You can get the radio names here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790

For non FC3, the current channel is shown if you're radio supports channels and is in the right mode. This should help people diagnose when they've left the radio in preset mode and the frequencies dials dont appear to work too :)

Hopefully have an update out with appropriate hotkeys for the weekend :)

mig21-channels.thumb.JPG.6fbcf699d0b69880cfbc1ca109f0a55b.JPG

f15-channels-radio.thumb.JPG.fb0665188ddd8d68d73eaf9f3143d3d9.JPG

Edited by Ciribob
  • Like 2