F-117 Nighthawk

joanvalley

Slipping in at night, bombing targets would actually be rather fun for a not insignificant part of the community.

Except it is the computer doing the 'slipping in' and you just push the correct button at the correct time.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

...Slipping in at night, bombing targets ...

You mean target, as in just a single one. No multiple passes, no maneuvering. You are not a pilot, more of a autopilot manager, ensuring you are in the correct piece of sky at the correct time.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

You mean target, as in just a single one. No multiple passes, no maneuvering. You are not a pilot, more of a autopilot manager, ensuring you are in the correct piece of sky at the correct time.

Yeah, because holding course and plinking a couple of tanks requires so much effort on the part of the A-10 pilot. :music_whistling: The challenge is what you make it. You can set up a mission and follow on Autopilot, drop and go, or you can fly it by hand. The fun comes in how you make up the mission, flying perfectly to real life SoP isn't necessary in a game.

If you say so.

Some things to point out, on the A-10 you can see out side, you have missile launch detection, jamming pods, chaff and flare and you can talk to other aircraft. Non of this stuff you have on the F-117. Also, if you fly manually, you still have to be in a specific piece of sky at a specific time or risk detection.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

If you say so

Meh, everyone has their own tastes in planes, and the Nighthawk holds a dear place in my heart.

EDIT: Again, it's a game, not real life. Chat with your buddies on TS, fly as lasing support for bomb haulers like the M2000 or F-5. Because it's a game, we get to play with things in a more interesting way than real life would dictate.

Edited by Tirak
  • Like 1

And that's fine but claiming the F-117 is the stealth version of the A-10 is a bit far-fetched...

Personally, since this is some kind of poll, I have no interest in that bird.

I'd rather see Razbam develop an A-6 or, let's be crazy, port their Metroliner III from FSX.

Stop throwing rocks at me ! Soon or late civilian aircraft will find their way to DCS :D

Edited by Eight Ball

And that's fine but claiming the F-117 is the stealth version of the A-10 is a bit far-fetched...

Never said that. I only pointed out similarities to show that depending on how you frame it, any model can seem to be a boring point and click adventure.

My apologies guys, not personal. I worked on F-117 for several years and hate every millimeter of them. From the probes to the rudders, from the manuals to maintenance procedures, I hated and will hate that jet.

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

Never said that. I only pointed out similarities to show that depending on how you frame it

Sorry, that's how I understood this:

I say yes it'd be cool. The A-10 can't defend itself anyway, it basically picks on ground formations that can't effectively fight back, so this would just be the stealth version of that.

any model can seem to be a boring point and click adventure.

Well, to me, that's the beauty of DCS : none of their modules are boring.

More than once I've bought a module "just to support the devs" only to discover a few months later how awesome it was to fly.

So I'm open to anything, it's just that the F-117 ranks pretty low on my list.

Im afraid that there is simply not enough data available to fully model a DCS level module of the F117. Jose might build a nice 3d model, but this plane is still way too classified to ever achieve full systems and flight model fidelity. :(

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Yes, they exist.

All avionics in the F-117a were borrowed from other AC.

Not True. The classified aspects of the F-117a encompass the radar absorbent material of the AC and the RCS reducing measures taken - though most are known to this day.

There you go making assumptions again....

The sources please. Also a set of performance charts would be nice :music_whistling:

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would be interesting surely, but I think I would fly it for a grand sum of about 5-10 times, therefore, in brutal honesty, could not justify getting it full price to myself :).

As iconic as it is, neither it's flight charactersitics, nor it's combat potential feel too appealing to me. But I would get in a sale down the line for sure for the interestingness alone.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I would like to see the Nighthawk someday.It would be fun and a little challenging to avoid being detected by eyes on the ground just like in Janes USAF,which i have.But it doesn't have to be fully modeled 100% accurately,like EDs' A-10C,which itself is not as 100% modeled like the real USAF Warthog is.

I'm interested! We need some sort of bomber in DCS - even if it has an F on it. Being a single seater, it would suit my more casual sim style.

There was a thread about this not long ago. It would be terrible. If it's modeled like the A-10C, you would take off, turn autopilot, press the pickle button and when home base is reach, land. No way to defend your self, completely dependent on no one seeing you. Terrible.

Many in the flight sim community enjoy this kind of flight, even without the pickle part (civilian aircraft).

The F-117 would be a buy from me. I love the wobblin' Goblin. However, there could be better choices for the role. After all, the F-117 comes in low and "fast." To that end, an Aardvark, Fencer, or Tornado would be even more entertaining for a some what similar mission profile.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Why yes I would like to have an F-117A in DCS... Flown correctly it could be a game changer in future persistent campaigns. I'm thinking of deep interdiction and strike missions of which we have no player flyable aircraft that are truly optimized to those mission sets right now. I'd buy one.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Why yes I would like to have an F-117A in DCS... Flown correctly it could be a game changer in future persistent campaigns. I'm thinking of deep interdiction and strike missions of which we have no player flyable aircraft that are truly optimized to those mission sets right now. I'd buy one.

EDIT: Disregard the first half of that bit in red, wasn't quite thinking... :doh:

Makes too much sense!

But yes...yes..and you know what? YES! I'd take an F-117! :thumbup:

Also, why is this in the Razbam thread? They have an F-15E to make us for the deep strike role! :P

Edited by Sweep

Lord of Salt