Interesting RAZBAM news

Silver_Dragon

https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims?ref=stream

We got great news for the DCS crowd, Jose Valdez just became part of our DCS developing family and you´ll soon see what he got for you guys!

------

3D modeler, he did the Metroliner, working in the EMB-120 for FSX and also did the PC-21 being sold by another company, but for FSX only. He is bringing a whole new line of models into DCS, this will give us a steady flow of models into DCS production line prior to coding and AFM.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please no civil aircrafts ... this is not FSX! :noexpression:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Me neither.

Just... they should make sure they have their IFF set up properly :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

OK, so they have lots of models of some sort of aircraft. In the grand scheme of things, that is the easy part.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Why? There's probably 10 times more civil aviation simmers then there are military ones.

Wouldn't you want ED and partners to make 10 times the money they're making now??

That could be the difference between pushing out a military module every couple of years, and pushing out a couple every year.

No, I have I problem either. At the end of the day if DCS World really does eventually become just that then anyone can fly anywhere in anything, and that doesn't mean that they want/ have/ need to be part of any particular war on any server. And I know what C in DCS stands for but if this sim can become the sim for all then why the hell not and as others say, civil aircraft are also involved in war - airlines transporting troops etc etc. Fair play it may be a bit boring for some but not for others.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Why? There's probably 10 times more civil aviation simmers then there are military ones.

Wouldn't you want ED and partners to make 10 times the money they're making now??

That could be the difference between pushing out a military module every couple of years, and pushing out a couple every year.

That quote was kind of an eye opener for me, basically if can expand dcs to a unified platform the other way around like FSX (combat focused but with civlian side) that could mean a sload of revenue because of new players and new developers, more headroom for developing new combat aircraft. Well said and makes sense :thumbup:

TrailBlazer

No, it's not, but it should be more like FSX in many ways. It's a flight simulator that can handle more than just military aircraft... and why not? The only reason ED is not pulling people away from FSX is its established community of 3rd party developers. (That and the limited world.)

Not until a whole world and a serious ATC are modeled will they come. Then I'll camp somewhere at twenty some thousand feet waiting to shoot a dude 10 hours in his flight from New York to Tokyo. :music_whistling:

mwhahahahaha

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Oh guys, I have a bunch of bada** planes to choose from that are suitable for this great platform, but I'll start sweet and low with a beauty, and actually, it has already been announced on Razbam's facebook page as my first project. Cheers guys!

Jose Valdez.

Welcome to the DCS forums Jose. I look forward to seeing your models in action.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Guys, there are no civilian aircraft in the pipeline, and least not from us, Jose is doing some civilian aircraft for our FSX production line. He is jumping into DCS with a T-6 Texan II trainer.Jose will create the mesh and all what´s involved with it and our coding team will put it into DCS.This development will be done at Jose´s own pace and you´ll see updates as soon as he gets stuff done.Why a T-6 Texan II you´ll say?, well since we are doing to the Navy a T-2 for carrier ops (and learning the ropes into DCS development) we are using the Texan II to the very same purpose to the USAF/Other Air Forces and at the same time to learn more into MFD´s development in DCS, which will lead us to higher performance aircraft, like the F-15E and Harrier and such.It´s all a learning process, we are taking advantage of what we have done already, and we want a steady flow.BTW, questions regarding this model should be directed towards joanvalley (Jose Valdez) which is very eager to answer them.He is project creator and also it´s manager.

Best regards

Prowler

Yep, have to agree, when it comes to DCS small steps are always better than jumping in at the deep end. The Texan will be a nice edition and one that newcomers to simming & DCS I'm sure will appreciate. That's not to say some of the hardcore crowd won't, but it does fill a nice niche.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Interesting. The T-6-IIB is a very capable aircraft. Not only that, but currently, trying to do everything from IQT to MQT in a high performance fighter is a bit interesting. With the addition of this, and the upcoming VEAO Hawk, it should level the training environment out pretty well.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.