WWII Bomber Formations in 1.5.7

Captain Orso

WWII Bomber Formations do not work in 1.5.7.

Flights tagged to follow the lead flight do not actually follow it. They follow only their own waypoints.

Flights beyond the lead flight, which have no waypoints beyond waypoint 0, which has the advanced waypoint actions, which define it to follow the lead flight, will simply fly straight ahead, until the lead flight encounters a turning waypoint, at which time all flights which should follow the lead flight, will simply RTB.

I've attached a simple mission file demonstrating this.

B17s over Georgia 02.miz

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I know how to setup a bomber formation. I was one of the first to post in the forum how it works.

I works in 2.1, or at least it used to, albeit it is very complicated and work intensive to setup, but I haven't tested it in 2.1 since discovering that it doesn't work in 1.5.7.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

OMFG!! Yes, thank you! That fixed the problem :D... when dealing with just one air group :huh:

If you want to have a laugh, let this formation fly for a couple of minutes. I think the pilots are on acid :joystick:

But this was already known in 2.1 many weeks ago.

Edit: ... or you can watch this and see the folly

B17s over Georgia 01.miz

Edited by Captain Orso

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler