The potential successor of F/A-18E/F

topol-m

The potential successor of F/A-18E/F after 2025 presented by Boeing has a new face. http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/the-dewline/2009/07/saint-louis-missouri----boeing.html

Northrop Grumman`s X-47 is the other contender at the moment.

Edit: will i live to see Northrop Grumman taking a big contract for the USAF. I`m kinda still angry the way YF-23 has been dismissed :mad: :thumbdown:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting read, I always thought F-35 would fill in for a Superbug!

Now we can see a major difference, Russians are about to start working on their 5th gen fighter PAK-FA and there already a 6th Gen in the same "design state" in US!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting read, I always thought F-35 would fill in for a Superbug!

Now we can see a major difference, Russians are about to start working on their 5th gen fighter PAK-FA and there already a 6th Gen in the same "design state" in US!

Not quite true. PAK-FA is scheduled for flight testing in several months and is several years away from production start. While the F/A-XX program is at least 15 years away. They are in very different phase of development. And AFAIK X-47 is far from being 6 gen fighter or even an adequate replacement of current fighters not to speek about Boing`s aircraft which at the moment exists only as a draft and probably not even a final one... To what extent the new aircraft will cover the criteria of 6 generation fighters and what would be the cost of development/production we shall see but right now we are talking science fiction.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What's happened to all the really good looking designs? I guess the 4th gen fighters will be the last that truly look "right" IMO.

Nice find though. =)

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

What's happened to all the really good looking designs? I guess the 4th gen fighters will be the last that truly look "right" IMO.

Nice find though. =)

True, the more modern design gets the less I like it...just like cars, I always prefered '69 'Stang over Toyota Prius...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Boeing shows off sexy new fighter concept" - Maybe after a good coupla Pints........:drink:

Interesting - Ta for the Link.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Looks something out of wing commander games. But I doubt it will go far IMHO. By the time its scheduled to fly the JSF will be just 10 years old and with the trend to cut on the military just dont see another redudant fighter type to be procured.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P