bomb, bomb away... - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-25-2008, 01:23 PM   #1
DTWD

Default bomb, bomb away...

I am sure I am missing a key option here. I am currently practising with the A10 with several different bomb load outs, but everytime (seemingly) I drop a bomb I drop two. I don't tend to notice it when I am flying but when I swing round for another pass I find I am missing bombs all together.

Whenever I fire missles I fire one so I assume it's not a double press issue, or a misconfigoration on my x52 so I am assuming there is a release count option somewhere?

Any ideas?

DTWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
arrow19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTWD View Post
I am sure I am missing a key option here. I am currently practising with the A10 with several different bomb load outs, but everytime (seemingly) I drop a bomb I drop two. I don't tend to notice it when I am flying but when I swing round for another pass I find I am missing bombs all together.

Whenever I fire missles I fire one so I assume it's not a double press issue, or a misconfigoration on my x52 so I am assuming there is a release count option somewhere?

Any ideas?

ARMAMENT CONTROL PANEL (ACP)
The Armament control panel is located in the lower left corner of the instrument panel.

The ACP is intended for ordnance selection, setting weapon release options, and an indication of
a weapon’s current state.
Using the Release Mode knob, you can choose the release mode for unguided bombs [Shift-Space], including: SGL – single release bomb mode at the release pulse, PRS – pairs release 3-60: Armament Control Panel
mode that drops two bombs per release pulse, RIP PRS – ripple pairs release mode that drops pairs of bombs drop a release pulse, RIP SGL – ripple single release mode drops multiple bombs one at a time during the release pulse. In a ripple release mode you can choose the number of bombs per pickle with the [Ctrl-Space] key. The number that will be released is indicated
on the numeric indicator in the left part of the ACP. You may also set the interval (time) between each weapon drop. This allows you determine the distance between bomb impacts. To increase release interval, press the [V] key, and press the [Shift-V] key to shorten it. The select interval setting can be seen on the numeric display on the lower right portion of the ACP. Release interval is indi-cated as milliseconds between release pulses with a maximum setting of five milliseconds. In the upper right corner of the ACP is the gun fire rate switch and counter of the remaining rounds.
The weapon state indicators show weapons availability on each weapon station and weapon readiness state. Two upper green indicators indicate the number of weapons on that station. Both indicators are lit when there are two or more weapons loaded on that station. If only one
weapon is loaded on the station, then one indicator will be lit. If the station is empty, one lower, red indicator is lit. The active weapon and loaded weapons are indicated as selected when the left indicator on the
ower row is lit. Switching between weapon types will correspondingly select other weapon stations.
Copied from the FC manual have fun
arrow19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:34 PM   #3
DTWD

Many thanks.

I have to admit to not looking through the manual yet, although half the time the problem with a manual is you need to know what your looking for to find out how to do it.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
arrow19

Quote:
Many thanks.

I have to admit to not looking through the manual yet, although half the time the problem with a manual is you need to know what your looking for to find out how to do it.
You need to sleep with the manual
arrow19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:54 PM   #5
DTWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow19 View Post
You need to sleep with the manual
?

I think you have the wrong kind of forum for that kind of talk!

Old 11-26-2008, 02:47 AM   #6
Brit_Radar_Dude

LOL!! I think only Brits will have heard of Ross and Brand. Most everyone else wont get the relevance of the Manuel reference........

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....
Brit_Radar_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 05:59 PM   #7
golfsierra2

Quote:
Many thanks.

RTFM -

This always shows to be so darn true...
golfsierra2 is offline   Reply With Quote