Have the Hornet devs moved back from the Viper? - Page 14 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 11:06 AM   #131
TOYKILLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytarabine View Post
I think everyone knows what an early access program is, and that there are implicit risks. What we didn’t see coming was a deliberate decision to launch another EA product and then proceed to divert staff from this project to that project.

That is where the ire comes from, at least from most of what I am seeing, not strictly a ‘this is taking to long’ but the why. If things are taking a long time but every effort is being made then so be it, that is not the case here. We all know that this isn’t down to individual devs, nor the public faces of the company, we appreciate their work, many of us do not appreciate the decisions made above them.

Yes me also and I love Eagle Dynamics Simulations since the beginning of LockOn,because anything else on the Software market, brings me so close to one of my passions. I test all other Simulations and spend a lot of money for FS Planes and Maps,but nothing compares with Lomac or DCS for me.

I hope also for a completed FA/18,but I also own the F-16 and like to fly them today as it is.

But hey,why they work on the FA/18 before they complete my Mig29, with a proper Pilot Body?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Last edited by TOYKILLA; 11-10-2019 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:12 AM   #132
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYKILLA View Post
Yes me also and I love Eagle Dynamics Simulations since the beginning of LockOn,because anything else on the Software market, brings me so close to one of my passions. I test all other Simulations and spend a lot of money for FS Planes and Maps,but nothing compares with Lomac or DCS for me.

I hope also for a completed FA/18,but I also own the F-16 and like to fly them today as it is.
Same.

The reason I voice concern on here though, is because ED needs to keep the more casual player happy. They can't only rely on the fanatics like us!
Old 11-10-2019, 11:56 AM   #133
Arctander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_Mark View Post
I think a lot of us probably feel like that tbh...
Agreed. I think they need an income stream separate from planes and maps to be able to find improvements to the core sim, and remove the reliance on pumping out EA module after EA module.

It would require I think a ‘major version’ paid update. You can choose not to update and still fly all the planes you have purchased. Paying for the update is the for the core sim, any planes purchase are licences you you for any major version release. I would expect MP servers would update to the latest versions

Anything is better than this ‘robbing Peter to pay Paul’ EA focus.
Old 11-10-2019, 12:16 PM   #134
TOYKILLA

Thats definitely the wrong way and would reduce the Community dramatically.

ED Knows best. They are not nearby's in this Game.

Old 11-10-2019, 12:28 PM   #135
Arctander

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYKILLA View Post
Thats definitely the wrong way and would reduce the Community dramatically.

ED Knows best. They are not nearby's in this Game.

So what would be your solution to stopping the need for ED to continue releasing EA modules and reducing support on previous ones, or are you happy with the status quo where (for example) ED takes 6 years to make Huey have multi crew support, or are unable to work on two high fidelity jets at the same time?
Old 11-10-2019, 12:45 PM   #136
TOYKILLA

ED knows best and I think they don't need our help to continue the work. I think they do they best,to keep us all happy and make DCS better.

Old 11-10-2019, 12:49 PM   #137
Arctander

Ok - so you see no issue with the situation where ED are forced to push out more ea products than they are capable of supporting at any given time in order to stay profitable (as admitted bu Nick Grey, the owner).

See this link in case you were not aware:
https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comm...k_grey_one_of/
Old 11-10-2019, 01:01 PM   #138
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctander View Post
So what would be your solution to stopping the need for ED to continue releasing EA modules and reducing support on previous ones, or are you happy with the status quo where (for example) ED takes 6 years to make Huey have multi crew support, or are unable to work on two high fidelity jets at the same time?
What I'm hoping is that this is the 'getting worse before it gets better' phase.

I think instead of developing individual modules, they're spending more time working on core functionality that can be transferred from one to the other (TWS between Viper and Hornet for example). That's going to require some patience now, but should allow faster development in the future. Fingers crossed anyways.
Old 11-10-2019, 01:02 PM   #139
Arctander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel View Post
What I'm hoping is that this is the 'getting worse before it gets better' phase.

I think instead of developing individual modules, they're spending more time working on core functionality that can be transferred from one to the other (TWS between Viper and Hornet for example). That's going to require some patience now, but should allow faster development in the future. Fingers crossed anyways.
That is the party line ED are taking, yes. Quite why they are doing that foundational work on the second module (Viper) now and not in the first I do not understand.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:13 PM   #140
Flamin_Squirrel

Easier to implement for the Viper? Not sure, but there must be a good reason for it.
Closed Thread