F14 Skinners thread (Paintkit in 1st post)

David A Sell

14 hours ago, LanceCriminal86 said:

No, the new VR body is in the Mods/aircraft/f14 folders. You can change the textures in there and probably tie them to a livery using the model viewer to generate the LUA lines, but it's only visible in the cockpit. The external body is still the old one.

Thanks. It's been irking me that both the Driver and RIO are named Ben O'Neil. 😄 HB, please.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, _YaeSakura_ said:

VF-24 has been postponed for a little bit, but I do intend to return to it soon. In the meantime however, a re-revamp of an old squadron has been completed.

VF-1_wip(remanufactured)-1.png

Awesome!  Where did you get the E-2B?

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

On 9/20/2022 at 1:33 AM, _YaeSakura_ said:

My apologies, I intended to have it be a clean internal canopy and only recently fixed the issue, will push a patch to it ASAP.

Hey did this ever get pushed? I was flying with that livery yesterday and noticed the glare again.

Edited by Rinz1er

5 hours ago, Rinz1er said:

Hey did this ever get pushed? I was flying with that livery yesterday and noticed the glare again.

I... I'm pretty sure I pushed an update to the VF-32, but there's also a likelihood that maybe no liveries have gotten updates for a while now. Rather unfortunate if that's the case, I'll probably reupload the VF-32 CAG on User Files with a non-Flashbang canopy to download as a temporary fix. My apologies that there's still an atom bomb glare going on within that livery's canopy glass.

23 hours ago, Stackup said:

Awesome!  Where did you get the E-2B?

It's not a mod, still the base game E-2D Hawkeye but I chose to apparently go the extra distance of making a 4-blade propped Hawkeye just for the sake of maybe a small handful of screenshots. It's not perfect, but I might be able to successfully get it down.

74_113_E-2B-1.png

74_113_E-2B-2.png

Edited by _YaeSakura_
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, _YaeSakura_ said:

It's not a mod, still the base game E-2D Hawkeye but I chose to apparently go the extra distance of making a 4-blade propped Hawkeye just for the sake of maybe a small handful of screenshots. It's not perfect, but I might be able to successfully get it down.

74_113_E-2B-1.png

74_113_E-2B-2.png

That's still really cool.  Would be a good stand in for the 4 bladed E-2C as well.  Do you have any plans to release that skin if you get it to a quality standard you are happy with?

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

I could probably just have it as a separate download within my VF-1 and/or VF-2 User Files uploads. This one is done, but there's 3 more E-2Bs for the 74-75 timeframe on the Enterprise I plan to get done too. On top of trying to figure out what is wrong with the props.

I look forward to downloading it and being one aircraft closer to a full proper flight deck for 74-75!

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, RaisedByWolves said:

Core mods folder/F-14/liveries/F-14B or F-14A (-195GR?)Make sure you put correct skin for F-14B into that livery sub folder, and correct skins for the F-14A195GRin that livery sub folder.

I don't believe you need to put anything in the core game files. I put all downloaded liveries and mods in the "saved games" folder. Skins go in Saved Games/DCS/Liveries/F-14B(or F-14A-135-GR) 

Unless it's been updated, in the past you couldn't keep liveries zipped in the savedgames folders. I stopped keeping most of my liveries in core mods only because test builds meant having to completely remove all those folders and copy them back later. Eventually I'll probably move them back over and zip them.

Another thing being some folks have a smaller C drive where SavedGames usually is, and liveries add up. So there can be some reasons to stick to coremods or the DCS main Liveries folder. It's only a risk if you decide to do a repair and tell it to remove all non-original files.

Other option, move your whole Saved Games folder to the same drive as DCS, which is what I did.

• Like 1

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

On 2/24/2023 at 2:01 AM, Lion207 said:

Hi McKronenberg - VF-213 available for download anywhere? I couldn't seem to find them in User Files. 

Thanks!

If you buy Reflected's Speed and Angels campaign you will get some some great VF-213 skins (along with some VF-31 skins as well), and the campaign is well worth it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has someone noticed that in the "VF-14 Tophatters AJ200 (1999) 80th Aniversary" skin for F-14A the pilot wears a Black Aces helmet?

It's an official skin.

Screen_230316_200354.jpg

Screen_230316_200427.jpg

Edited by =Skywarp=
  • Like 1

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

6 hours ago, =Skywarp= said:

Has someone noticed that in the "VF-14 Tophatters AJ200 (1999) 80th Aniversary" skin for F-14A the pilot wears a Black Aces helmet?

It's an official skin.

Screen_230316_200354.jpg

Screen_230316_200427.jpg

They're slated to be replaced by HGU-55s anyways once the new pilot bodies are added. And it may have been to represent where the CAG or someone did a hop in the jet, I vaguely recall there was a photo even showing different squadron helmets.

Edited by LanceCriminal86
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

7 hours ago, =Skywarp= said:

It's an official skin.

Screen_230316_200354.jpg

Screen_230316_200427.jpg

VF-14 and VF-41 were together aboard the Theodore Roosevelt for Allied Force in 1999. Thats what those 8 jets represent. 

• Like 2

Am 15.3.2023 um 12:19 schrieb isoko:

- VF-154 BLACK KNIGHTS * 50th Anniversary. 1996 - WIP

dl3QzCl.jpeg

I am currently working on this.
I am sorry for the long wait, but I will be updating past works in the future.

woow nice 🙂

are you painting some 1996 vf-154 line jets as well?

• Like 1