Warthog Throttle out of Idle Detent for Start - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-13-2017, 01:21 AM   #1
epolta

Default Warthog Throttle out of Idle Detent for Start

Does someone have a lua file that allows me to move the warthog out of idle detent? It's currently frozen unless I use a keyboard command to move it.

I've searched around and don't see anything.

thanks for your help!
epolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:29 AM   #2
epolta

Default think I got it!

I just mapped the Ralt Home to the first movement of throttle and that seemed to get it.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:06 AM   #3
maxxs

With Target?
maxxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:17 AM   #4
LeCuvier

I suppose you want to use the OFF/IDLE switch in the TM Warthog throttle?
With the A-10C that works out of the box. But for the other birds e.g. FW-190, F-5E, Viggen, I use a little addition (one line) to the default.lua.
The detail of the added line varies between aircrafts, but it's always the same logic. One little detail to watch is that most aircraft expect the switch to "make" when you go from OFF to IDLE. The switch in the TMWH throttle however "makes" when you go from IDLE to OFF. So the added line in the default.lua needs to reverse the operation which is not a big deal.
I have posted a guidance document for modifying the control binding files in this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...01#post2862001

For the FW-190C, the addition to the .lua file would look like this:
Code:
{down = iCommandLeftEngineStop, up = iCommandLeftEngineStart, name = _('Throttle 2-Pos. OFF/IDLE'), category = _('Engine Control')},
and you would insert it into the file "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua" under "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FW-190D9\Input\FW-190D9\joystick".
After editing the .lua file and starting DCS, you have to go into Options / Controls and bind the new command "Throttle 2-Pos. OFF/IDLE" to the throttle switch.
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:52 PM   #5
Boris

If you want a general Target profile that lets you assign most of the missing throttle functions as normal buttons, I have uploaded it below.
It will also work for the flaps and boat switch among others.

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.p...3&d=1488313130
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:47 PM   #6
epolta

Default THANKS

That little snippet of code works perfectly!
thanks for helping a newb and I appreciate the PDF document you prepared.

Added to my reading list

thanks and cheers!
Old 05-28-2017, 07:03 PM   #7
MarkP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
If you want a general Target profile that lets you assign most of the missing throttle functions as normal buttons, I have uploaded it below.
It will also work for the flaps and boat switch among others.

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.p...3&d=1488313130
I doesnt work for me unfortunately. I dont know how to handle the file in taget. I run it and then the Warthog Throttle disappers and a virtual device appears.

If i start DCS and hop in the FW190, the throttle steers the rudder and the flaps isnt assign. Plz help :=)
Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, Thrustmasters Wathog Throttle, VKB T-Rudder, Oculus Rift
PC Specs: Intel 8700K, MSI Z370-A Pro, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, Win 10x64
MarkP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 02:21 AM   #8
9./JG26_Brigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCuvier View Post
I suppose you want to use the OFF/IDLE switch in the TM Warthog throttle?
With the A-10C that works out of the box. But for the other birds e.g. FW-190, F-5E, Viggen, I use a little addition (one line) to the default.lua.
The detail of the added line varies between aircrafts, but it's always the same logic. One little detail to watch is that most aircraft expect the switch to "make" when you go from OFF to IDLE. The switch in the TMWH throttle however "makes" when you go from IDLE to OFF. So the added line in the default.lua needs to reverse the operation which is not a big deal.
I have posted a guidance document for modifying the control binding files in this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...01#post2862001

For the FW-190C, the addition to the .lua file would look like this:
Code:
{down = iCommandLeftEngineStop, up = iCommandLeftEngineStart, name = _('Throttle 2-Pos. OFF/IDLE'), category = _('Engine Control')},
and you would insert it into the file "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua" under "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FW-190D9\Input\FW-190D9\joystick".
After editing the .lua file and starting DCS, you have to go into Options / Controls and bind the new command "Throttle 2-Pos. OFF/IDLE" to the throttle switch.
where abouts on the .lua file do you paste it
9./JG26_Brigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:08 AM   #9
LeCuvier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9./JG26_Brigg View Post
where abouts on the .lua file do you paste it
I put it right after the original lines which for the FW-190 are around line 340.
Technically it doesn't matter where you put it, as long as it's in the block for buttons. It must be above these lines which are around line 440 in the original file:
Code:
},
axisCommands = {
The lines below "axisCommands = {" define the "Axis" commands on your throttle and stick.
Note: I recommend you have a look at the document referenced in my original post before you start editing .lua files. And don't forget, these changed files will be overwritten by stock files each time you update or repair DCS. Therefore it's recommended to use a simple tool like OvGME to manage them.
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Last edited by LeCuvier; 05-30-2017 at 09:11 AM.
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 04:24 PM   #10
bumblebomb

Can someone deny/confirm syntax has changed? Can't make it work for the Tomcat:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...93#post3895793
bumblebomb is offline   Reply With Quote