[REPORTED]Not accurate starting procedure - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-12-2019, 02:25 PM   #21
Birko

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazzer View Post
This needs to be fixed.
I hope it is too, maybe the development of the Mosquito makes this a really convenient time to check the operation of British warbirds in the game against the air ministry's pilot's notes.
Birko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:34 PM   #22
hazzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birko View Post
I hope it is too, maybe the development of the Mosquito makes this a really convenient time to check the operation of British warbirds in the game against the air ministry's pilot's notes.
I'd be surprised if it was fixed any time soon. Issues like this seems to take a very back seat.

It is something that has always bothered me because every aircraft I fly (albeit with smaller engines) can be started with the mixture in the rich position. Neither the spit or the mustang will even splutter if the mixture is set to rich.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:21 PM   #23
grafspee

Quote:
I'd be surprised if it was fixed any time soon. Issues like this seems to take a very back seat.

It is something that has always bothered me because every aircraft I fly (albeit with smaller engines) can be started with the mixture in the rich position. Neither the spit or the mustang will even splutter if the mixture is set to rich.
This is not quite true about p-51, there you are cranking engine with fuel booster on, so if you put mixture lever to run position fuel from will be introduced in to intake and this fuel will flow out of plane on the ground.
Same would happen with spitfire but you are cranking spit with fuel booster off, so no pressure in fuel system until engine starts rotating, with booster on, fuel would flow out of plane on the ground as in p-51
Old 11-12-2019, 05:46 PM   #24
hazzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafspee View Post
This is not quite true about p-51, there you are cranking engine with fuel booster on, so if you put mixture lever to run position fuel from will be introduced in to intake and this fuel will flow out of plane on the ground.
Same would happen with spitfire but you are cranking spit with fuel booster off, so no pressure in fuel system until engine starts rotating, with booster on, fuel would flow out of plane on the ground as in p-51
Ah interesting. I do get confused by that as well as when the fuel pump is turned on then off the pressure in the 51 goes to 0. Probably should hold it
Old 11-12-2019, 06:16 PM   #25
grafspee

Quote:
Ah interesting. I do get confused by that as well as when the fuel pump is turned on then off the pressure in the 51 goes to 0. Probably should hold it
It depends, Spitfire engine and p-51 engine are very very close to each other but rest of the plane like fuel tanks fuel pumps connections houses, valves etc are quite different, but i think fuel pressure will drop when fuel pump is off, how fast that is good question.
Often we can find in fuel system something like fuel pressure accumulator it helps stabilize fuel pressure in system.

Last edited by grafspee; 11-12-2019 at 06:20 PM.
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 06:31 PM   #26
Birko

Wish I knew owt about engines besides suck squeeze bang blow
Old 11-12-2019, 06:43 PM   #27
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafspee View Post
Acording to spit manual, spitfire quiped with merlin 66, pilot suposed to move cut off lever forward before priming and cranking is not working in DCS. It is impossible to start DCS Spitfire this way,which simply cancel claim that DCS is accurate simulator game. PLS fix this
Hi I will look into this.

Can you show me where in the pilots notes it says to move the cut-off lever forward before priming and cranking.

thanks
Old 11-12-2019, 06:45 PM   #28
grafspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
Hi I will look into this.

Can you show me where in the pilots notes it says to move the cut-off lever forward before priming and cranking.

thanks
Step 3
Attached Files
File Type: trk spitfire.trk (314.6 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by grafspee; 11-12-2019 at 07:36 PM.
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 06:52 PM   #29
Birko

Thank you for looking into this BIGNEWY
Old 11-12-2019, 07:13 PM   #30
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Hi all

I have reported this to ask the question to the team, when I find out I will feedback to you all.

thank you