too early blackout when inverted? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-30-2019, 04:26 PM   #21
hornblower793

I have just tried this out and, with my install at least, there appears to be a major change in behaviour at just over 220mph. Tests started from an approximation to level flight at somewhere between 5,000 and 10,000 ft.

At 220 or less, pushing the stick rapidly all the way forwards produced a good red-out effect. Above this speed, rapid push forward produces the instant blackout.

Unlike the OP though my in-game vision slowly returned when I centred the stick, with enough time for me to recover on each occasion.
hornblower793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:49 PM   #22
grafspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornblower793 View Post
I have just tried this out and, with my install at least, there appears to be a major change in behaviour at just over 220mph. Tests started from an approximation to level flight at somewhere between 5,000 and 10,000 ft.

At 220 or less, pushing the stick rapidly all the way forwards produced a good red-out effect. Above this speed, rapid push forward produces the instant blackout.

Unlike the OP though my in-game vision slowly returned when I centred the stick, with enough time for me to recover on each occasion.
ok question is what was peak G load
another question is it possible to move stick all the way forward at this speed in real plane check how stick works in bf109 its laggy you cant do any rapid movents and it take time for full deflection even at low speeds
in p-51 i know that stick is quite hard especialy on ailerons and you need to trim it for level flight other wise it will wear you arm very fast dont know about spitfire stick forces but at quite big speeds it must have some force required deflect the stick not allowing to move it like it was not connected at all
Maby ED implemented that becous ppl in spit were doing some crazy maneuvers like pulling -5g or even more to avoid enemy planes so ED put this instant black out when crit G load is reached or maby its a bug who knows ED is very terse in terms of patch notes

Last edited by grafspee; 07-30-2019 at 05:06 PM.
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 05:33 PM   #23
hornblower793

I don't disagree and do not encounter this in my normal flying of the Spit (I wouldn't throw the controls around like this)

Just curious about the step change in behaviour
hornblower793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 06:50 PM   #24
mkiii

I does appear as if it is a scripted event - view your aircraft from an F2 view while pushing the nose hard, and you can see control movement halt, and pilot figure twitch at the moment of blackout. The aircraft carries on in the direction set before blackout. I'm no expert, but that seems a bit odd.

All that being said, pushing the stick hard forwards fully is probably a bad idea in general, even if you have fuel injection.

BTW: interesting site with lots of aircraft performance data & reports on spits and other WWII types.
http://www.spitfireperformance.com/spitfire-IX.html
mkiii is offline   Reply With Quote