Stuck waiting for INS alignment 7

pacastro

After last update 2.5.4.30038, in a multiplayer server when I'm autostarting the f14 in a carrier the INS align procedure gets stuck in INS alignment 7 and won't go any further from there. Plane park braked not moved an inch from spawn point.

I had something like this happen prior to this patch. Did you do anything during the auto-start, i.e. rearm & refuel, set waypoints or tacan?

Not that those things could cause the hangup, but if I just let it run and did all my stuff before or after, I never had an issue again. Just a thought, I'll let the professionals get specific

Im having the same issue in MP with the alignment hanging up.

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

Just FYI, I am not using the auto start sequence.

I show the 07 on the left side, with the caret that does not move and flashing HS or H5 on the right side, but the caret does not move, nor does the number change.

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

wow, good tip thanks. Is this a "real life" situation also?

I mean, yes you need to set the parking brake for alignment to continue (in all modes except CAT).

That said, there's a bug I've experienced in multiplayer where sometimes alignment gets stuck and won't continue. Spawning a new aircraft typically resolves the issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Can someone attempt a carrier cold start on this mission attached, and let me know if the INS alignment works for them? I don't know what's wrong with this mission, but the INS alignment always get stuck at 7 with the flashing "HS". I'm not touching the parking brake at all. When I tell Jester to do a full alignment it ends up getting stuck. I also went to the backseat and switched it to CAINS, but it switches back automatically. If I change the startup to an airfield, everything works correctly. Just for kicks, I lowered the speed of the carrier, but it still gets stuck with the flashing "HS".

Thanks in advance!!!

Tomcat_AA_Practice_CAUC.miz

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Anybody?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

Try having Jester set the datalink radio to the carrier.

I'll try that and report back. Thank you.

+1 on this, happens almost always in MP on 107th Through the Inferno server when spawning on carriers.

yep, depending on which slot you choose though. Sometimes jester does an ASH alignment but attitude reference is off by a few degrees and gets progressively worse during flight.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

Try having Jester set the datalink radio to the carrier.

Well I tried this, but unfortunately, it did not work. I've been using elevator 4 so I'll try a different startup position.

I've figured out the issue. The return of the deck sliding is the culprit. I zeroed out the speed of the carrier and everything works. The INS aligns like it used to. I noticed someone has already reported the deck sliding bug so hopefully ED can fixed this again asap.